Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But he would not be asked for proof that he is indeed a citizen. I would not be asked for proof. Only those who look Hispanic would be asked to prove that they are actually citizens. Your license and registration isn't proof enough--until we start denying foreigners the ability to get any sort of ID issued here in the US, including driver's licenses.
Look, most whites and blacks are not in this country illegally so your scenario wouldn't play out that way. They would more than likely have valid I.D. so therefore the question of legality would never reach that point. It will be far more likely that a Hispanic's legality would be questioned more often because they are overwhelmingly the largest group here illegally. But that still wouldn't happen unless they couldn't provide valid I.D. I don't know why you and some others in here are trying to make this complicated when it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM

470 posts, read 462,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
This man is a true American Hero who'll fight the attempt to turn his Arizona into a neo-fascist police state.
real true AMERICAN hero who would rather sit back and watch the citizens of his state get kidnapped and murdered. Yeah, a real patriot alright.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
This man is a true American Hero who'll fight the attempt to turn his Arizona into a neo-fascist police state.
A police state? You have got to be kidding me. Just more desperate attempts to stop immigration law enforcement.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Look, most whites and blacks are not in this country illegally so your scenario wouldn't play out that way. They would more than likely have valid I.D. so therefore the question of legality would never reach that point. It will be far more likely that a Hispanic's legality would be questioned more often because they are overwhelmingly the largest group here illegally. But that still wouldn't happen unless they couldn't provide valid I.D. I don't know why you and some others in here are trying to make this complicated when it isn't.
I don't carry ID with me. Uncomplicate that for me.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:43 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
A sheriff has a duty to ignore laws that are an affront to his moral and ethical beliefs. This law is simply unconscionable to a lot of people that actually are willing to stand by the principles this country was founded on.
No they do NOT. If they disagree that strongly with any law, they can quit, but they may not "pick and choose" based on their personal beliefs.

Years ago I had a friend that interviewed for a position in the Pima County sheriff department. He failed the interview because he said that if he saw his mother roll through a stop sign, he would let her go with a warning (they specifically asked him that). They said that personal feelings, prejudices and relationships should never interfere in upholding the law. I agreed with them then, because the law is the law. Funny how things have changed.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

234 posts, read 241,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
real true AMERICAN hero who would rather sit back and watch the citizens of his state get kidnapped and murdered. Yeah, a real patriot alright.
Take all the criminal illegal immigrants out of the USA and we still have millions of criminal American citizens victimizing American citizens.

You almost seem to believe that once you ethnically cleanse American of those you don't want here that America will automatically become some mythological utopian mecca!

Keep dreaming.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't carry ID with me. Uncomplicate that for me.
That is your choice. I can't help you if you are stopped during the course of or suspicion of a crime during a normal investigation and you can't identify yourself. You will have to deal with it, not me. You complain about being harrassed and yet you won't take the simple step of having I.D. on you to end the so-called harrassment. Asking for I.D. is not harrassment. Sounds like a kid poking their finger into a fire and hoping they won't get burnt. That is just plain dumb.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Take all the criminal illegal immigrants out of the USA and we still have millions of criminal American citizens victimizing American citizens.

You almost seem to believe that once you ethnically cleanse American of those you don't want here that America will automatically become some mythological utopian mecca!

Keep dreaming.
Oh I see, if we eliminate millions of criminals in our country but there will still be some remaining it isn't worth the effort to cut the numbers back? That's like saying let's not hold any criminals in prison because afterall there will still be criminals walking around. What kind of logic is that?

Removing illegal aliens in our country is not ethnic cleansing it is criminal cleansing and they come from all ethnic groups. You never stop, do you?

234 posts, read 241,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A police state? You have got to be kidding me. Just more desperate attempts to stop immigration law enforcement.
You're only proving that your more than happy to surrender other Americans civil liberties without their consent to satisfy your Neo-Fascist pro-police state agenda to cleanse those you don't want in America.

If you don't want illegal immigrant here fine, but not at the expense of my civil liberties.

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
This isn't Moscow, we shouldn't be required to carry "ze papeahs" at all times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration