Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM

25 posts, read 61,807 times

Advertisements

Stay away from the Tall Pines Apartments in Roscoe. They were nice at one time, but have rented to the "trouble makers" now. Which side of Rkfd are you commuting to? East side like 10 mins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM

90 posts, read 353,092 times
Falcon Ridge apartments are nice. Check them out. They are on the north west corner of 251 and Hononegah Road. It's about a 20 minute drive to Rockford from there and there's plenty of places around there.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 833 times
My son and family are moving back to il from West Virginia. The job will be near Cherry Valley. He would like to move south of there traveling maybe 30 minutes or so to work to be closer to family. They have 3 kids 1 in high school, who is doing well in the small High School he is in, 1 in grade school and 1 only 2. He wants to rent a home if possible just like he had done in west Virginia. His family is in Elgin Il. His wife's family is in Woodstock Il any suggestions?

Old 04-19-2016, 10:23 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonback View Post
My son and family are moving back to il from West Virginia. The job will be near Cherry Valley. He would like to move south of there traveling maybe 30 minutes or so to work to be closer to family. They have 3 kids 1 in high school, who is doing well in the small High School he is in, 1 in grade school and 1 only 2. He wants to rent a home if possible just like he had done in west Virginia. His family is in Elgin Il. His wife's family is in Woodstock Il any suggestions?
Try Huntley, my neighbor moved there to get away from Elgin. He loves it.

Old 04-19-2016, 09:21 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
He could check the Stillman Valley area. It's a small community (quiet.) He could travel IL72 to Monroe Center and come up S. Mulford or travel up I39 /251 and get dropped off near Cherry Valley. IL72 also leads to West Dundee (just north of Elgin.)

Belvidere is also an option. It's east of Cherry Valley on US20 and just off of I90 which leads to Elgin.

Stillman Valley is rural with little to do. Belvidere is closer to travel into Chicago for entertainment. With that many kids with that age spread... he probably wouldn't be doing much for entertainment other than going to school functions and games.

I lived in Belvidere for 18 years. I left because Chicago dumped it's problems on us (and Candlewick Lake.) It's getting quite the criminal element. Most long time residents probably haven't noticed the crime. If you work in the police department or in the court system, you see how far Belvidere has fallen. Heroine has become the drug of choice due to the Russians out of Chicago. There is also several Latino gangs in Belvidere. It's not as bad as say East L.A., but it's growing. I90/I94 is the drug-corridor between Chicago and Minneapolis. Any major towns or cities along it will have a gang presence.

Does that mean that you should avoid Belvidere? For now, no... but I wouldn't buy property there. As for Rockford, I would avoid it altogether for the sake of the kids (unless he can afford private school at Rockford Lutheran.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois