Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes67 View Post
there are too many people here now anyway.. go to dallas and take a friend
you say there's 'too many people' and yet want them to go to a bigger city (Dallas)? What sense is that??

Old 05-20-2009, 02:49 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
I'm sick of all the complaining and negativity about Indiana.
What did you really expect in a thread entitled "Does anyone else not like living in Indiana? " ???

For a more positive viewpoint visit:

What do you like/love about Indiana

I do understand why a young person, who had never lived out of state, nor traveled much, would want to try some new places. To those people I say : go for it!

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. A place many people would consider "paradise". And yet, I too wanted to travel, to live in other cities, to meet new people and try new things. I think my life has been richer and more rewarding for having done so.

I do agree that, ultimately, happiness comes from within. There is no "utopia"; that is a state of mind.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:19 PM

51 posts, read 157,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i hear ya. when i moved to indiana from NM, it took a looong time to stop being amazed at how green it was.
come to think of it, i never stopped being amazed at how green it was

where in new mexico?
Gallup and Albuquerque. Mom lived in gallup while dad was in ABQ. I'm back in gallup now and I'm saving to get back to IN. I'm looking into attenting IU too if I can somehow get my tribe to support the bulk of the bill

And where at from NM were you?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:52 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Native View Post
Gallup and Albuquerque. Mom lived in gallup while dad was in ABQ. I'm back in gallup now and I'm saving to get back to IN. I'm looking into attenting IU too if I can somehow get my tribe to support the bulk of the bill

And where at from NM were you?

ya'ah'tee

from farmington, but moved to indiana via las vegas [NM, not NV]. i'm in maryland now but not liking it all that much; it's plenty green here too but way too crowded and way too expensive.

will the tribe pay for out-of-state tuition?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:40 PM

797 posts, read 2,338,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
you say there's 'too many people' and yet want them to go to a bigger city (Dallas)? What sense is that??
It appears the point by this jes 67 person was that there are too many people in Indianapolis and that by this other person moving to Dallas, there would be fewer people in Indy. This was meant to imply it would be better for jes67 who is staying in Indy, not any type of beneficial suggestion for whoever was looking to go to Dallas.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM

111 posts, read 346,099 times
I'm a lifelong Indiana resident. I grew up in southern Indiana and absolutely hated it. So I moved north to South Bend, and have never regretted it. The area is a better fit for me. Plus I prefer colder weather. Overall I like Indiana, I guess. I just prefer the northern parts better.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,616 times
hate it hate it hate it hate it.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellecb View Post
hate it hate it hate it hate it.
why why why why why

Old 09-22-2009, 02:46 PM

4 posts, read 30,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGal05 View Post
Hi! I was born and raised in muncie, IN and i didnt like muncie, then my mom and i moved to Indy. I like it here, but i dont like the city, i was raised by my mamaw and papaw. They are from TN but like in Muncie in the country. I love it! I want to live in the country. They are always telling me how nice it is in TN, i want to live in the country. Down South! I am waiting to earn my registration to be a Vet. Tech. then i am hopfully moving to AL!!! I have been waiting to leave for about a year. But I more and likely will be back but i would like to see what else is in the world. I would like to sleep under a different piece of sky!
I wasn't born, but was raised in Muncie..go bearcats! And I too now live in Indy. It's not all that bad living in the city....everything is everywhere, and usually pretty close! The country has its upside though; peace and quite, slow paced days, etc. But at least for me, its just a weekend get away, actually living out in the country would drive me insane

Old 09-22-2009, 08:31 PM

62 posts, read 209,535 times
I just moved to Fort Wayne...and I wish I to be relocated to Indy. That's all I'm complaining about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana