Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 85,798 times

Advertisements

Hello
This is Mike of the Southern Indiana Ghost Hunters.
We are looking for haunted places in southern Indiana to investigate.
If you know of any please let us know.
Thanks!!
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM

458 posts, read 2,774,734 times
All I know of is the Culbertson Mansion in New Albany, IN.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:47 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087
All I know of is the Culbertson Mansion in New Albany, IN.

Hope that helps.
Isn't the Story Inn supposed to be haunted?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:16 PM

4 posts, read 85,798 times
I Don't Know for sure

Old 09-04-2006, 08:20 PM

1 posts, read 35,772 times
Talking Hello! i know of quite a few haunted places in southern indiana

well if you are still checking this for replies then i would love to talk sometime. i am also a paranormal investigator and have had problems getting a group started. but if i can help anyone i will do. you can get ahold of me at sweetie2004069@yahoo.com!
~~~~Aaliyah~~~~

Old 09-16-2006, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 101,011 times
Default Here are some local Southern Indiana Hauntings

Charlestown - Cry Baby Bridge - The Cry Baby Bridge is where a baby died in the car crash. It wasn't found when the police came and the baby was left. It ended up dying. If you go across the bridge you can hear it crying.

Charlestown - 10 penny bridge - On tunnel mill road the bridge by a poor bum that died on the bridge, if you put 10 pennies on the bridge in a line and turn off your lights and car when u try to turn your car on, it wont start right away and your pennies will be missing or scattered all over the bridge.

Henryville - Dan's Run - Daniel Guthrie was murdered and placed in a shallow grave near the corner of Pixley Knob Road and Cemetery Hill (Mountain Grove). Guthrie's body remained undetected for one year before being found, unearthed and reburied in nearby Mt. Zion Cemetery. The hole he was buried in is still open (about 4-feet deep) near the edge of the woods. Homes in the nearby area have experienced sightings of a young man with a large, handlebar bushy mustache, doors open and close by themselves, footsteps walking up and down hallways at night, footprints found outside bedroom windows, objects moving by themselves, and ghostly whispers. Also, a tape recorder left on Guthrie's gravestone in Mt. Zion later revealed a faint, haunting man's voice crying, "Help me, God help me, please help me..."

Henryville - Mt. Zion cemetery - The green Lady - in the early 1900's a young woman was killed on Henryville blue lick road after a terrible car accident and buried in Mt. Zion cemetery on the same road. it is said that she roams the cemetery, with a green glow to her. she will jump on your car if its parked in the cemetery at night(said to be looking for a ride home) and the green goo will still be on your car until you wash it off.

Jeffersonville - Census Bureau - Warehouses - Late night security have reports of radios turning on, while not plugged in. Boxes of paper have fallen within feet of security staff from as high as 10' (pushed off of a shelf).Supposed holding camp for Germans during WW II, occasionally one can hear German speaking in the warehouses.

Jeffersonville - Clarksville border - Colgate Palmolive factory - This building was originally Indiana State Prison South. Unusual sights and sounds typical of hauntings are noted here. When the building was a prison many prisoners were mistreated here; illness raged at times, and some female inmates were forced into prostitution.

Jeffersonville - Jeffersonville High School - In the Auditorium, there is said to be a woman who lurks, even when more than 10 people are in the room. Things get moved, and people have gotten hurt. Also, when the building was being built, a construction worker was killed by falling off of a ladder. Sightings of him have also been recorded

New Albany - Culbertson Mansion - This tourist attraction contains the ghost of a woman on the 3rd floor. She is heard walking about and some have seen her. She is believed to be the first wife of the former owner and may have remained behind due to the mistreatment of her surviving children by the husband's new wife. Note: this mansion is open to the public and guided tours are available.

New Albany - St. Joe Rd. Cemetery - in the middle of the cemetery there is an old hanging tree in the day the hanging branch at night it is there. and if you go to the very back and look to the front there will be a huge blare of smoke.

Salem - Henderson - When inside the gates you get the feeling you are being watched. you hear things move and nothing is there. The grim reaper has been seen there. in the seventies there were three girls savagely cult murdered there.

Scottsburg - Bridgewater Cemetery - Isolated from civilization this cemetery sets on top of a hill overlooking the grassy fields. It is said that if you go there after midnight you will see a glowing tombstone of the man that awakens at night and guards the front gate.

Scottsburg - Scott County Heritage Center and Museum - This building was originally the county poor farm. Many families who lost everything and had no where else to go came here. We are currently turning it into a county history museum. The building is haunted by former residents who liked living there so much that they refused to leave. We've heard a baby crying, footsteps on the second floor when no one is up there; strange odors; and the lights being turned on when the building is closed. This building will be open for tours starting in October. A fee will be charged.

Sellersburg - Old Man Ike’s - murders that happened years ago has made this old house haunted. Screams and loud banging can be heard where a man tortured and hung many members of a family. Located behind an old factory out of Sellersburg where Ike worked at.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:43 PM

4 posts, read 101,011 times
I live in Charlestown Indiana,and I am intrested in this kind of stuff

Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM

1 posts, read 35,742 times
whats up yeah im tryin to get into ghost hunting and i know of some places around here, the red out on tunnel mill in charlestown, or the site of the pigeon roost massacre me and my buddies checked it out we heard some noises in the woods didnt really check everything out though.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:56 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
I know where the ghost of the Gipper is but that's not in Southern Indiana.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 35,723 times
I work at silver bell nursing home in Versailles Indiana, and have been told of haunted things going on also have heard and felt things for myself.
You would have to get permission from the owner for investigating, her name is Sharon Woods, 812-689-6222
We are haveing a halloween house there on Oct. 27 and 28

Also there is a web site that i have been trying to find that has info on Silver Bell as being haunted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana