Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:08 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what about all the muslim children that are brainwashed into worshiping islam. in the middle east you don't have much of a choice. those children live and breath the qu'ran. i would not call that converting. if isalm is the fastest growing religion it's cause of multiple reasons, some more than others. birth rate is a big one. muslims drop babies like rabits
Again, birthrate has nothing to do with it...

Americans tend to look at everything in terms of 'race'...

There are many Croation, European, Turkish muslims that are not 'brown skin'....

And I'm telling you...it's the practicality of islam that appeals to the youth...an outlet for their 'rage'...

Whether middle eastern or European or American...

Stop looking at it in terms of 'race'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 PM

And with such comments as above...Christians again alienate many 'non European' people...who feel Christianity is a 'white mans' religion...such comments as above make many feel they have no choice but to convert to islam, where color and race isn't an issue...

Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
because all they do is pray, make babies, kill each other and build mosques they don't really do much else
yeah, but should they try to install Sharia law in the USA, it will make a target rich environment.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,317 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
yeah, but should they try to install Sharia law in the USA, it will make a target rich environment.
We fired our guns but the Muslims kept a coming, wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago.........

Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Convert or die...a powerful persuader...
Well it worked for Christianity.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:22 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,561,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Again, birthrate has nothing to do with it...

Americans tend to look at everything in terms of 'race'...

There are many Croation, European, Turkish muslims that are not 'brown skin'....

And I'm telling you...it's the practicality of islam that appeals to the youth...an outlet for their 'rage'...

Whether middle eastern or European or American...

Stop looking at it in terms of 'race'...
I don't think it's a racial issue, but most sources I know site birthrate as a major factor for their growth. It's not because Muslims are "a race", it's more likely it's because many Muslim societies place high value on having a family and being a parent. Islam has no celibate, anything so far as I know. Also many Muslims might live in more agrarian societies where having kids is useful for running the farm.

Sure Islam also grows because of conversion. Islam does fairly well at converting traditionally polygamous societies. Also Islam's relatively "earthy" view of the afterlife, and lack of original sin, is maybe appealing to places where children die in infancy and adults maybe aren't too sophisticated. Also Gulf-State money is appealing to people. Still birth-rate is the biggest factor going by what I know.

The big groups growing due to conversion are more like Baha'i, Pentecostals, Falun Gong maybe.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I don't think it's a racial issue, but most sources I know site birthrate as a major factor for their growth. It's not because Muslims are "a race", it's more likely it's because many Muslim societies place high value on having a family and being a parent. Islam has no celibate, anything so far as I know. Also many Muslims might live in more agrarian societies where having kids is useful for running the farm.

Sure Islam also grows because of conversion. Islam does fairly well at converting traditionally polygamous societies. Also Islam's relatively "earthy" view of the afterlife, and lack of original sin, is maybe appealing to places where children die in infancy and adults maybe aren't too sophisticated. Also Gulf-State money is appealing to people. Still birth-rate is the biggest factor going by what I know.

The big groups growing due to conversion are more like Baha'i, Pentecostals, Falun Gong maybe.
I enjoyed reading your response...

But I'd also like to add...

Another thing I've heard cited for why many convert is when your young...your kinda looking for 'right vs wrong'...clear cut distinctions...

Unfortunatly, Christanity, is practiced in the new world, has lost much of that...

With this need to accept and embrace any and everything...Christanity has lost much of it's 'punch'...distinctions between secular life.

The old fire breathing baptized pastors, have pretty much given way to 'Dr Phil' pastors...

Christanity, unfortunatly, is, has tooken on a secular persona...the average person can no longer distinguish a 'christain' from a normal middle class succesful person...

Where as islam still has distinctions...and they hammer them, those distinctions daily...

And many people still yearn to abhere to that strict code of conduct...that allows them to feel different and seperate from the world around them...

Remember, much of what islam teaches or preaches, is line and line with many biblical principles...

Only where as christians have stopped enforcing moral law...the muslims continue to...and that appeals to a lost generation of humans who need guidance...

Old 08-29-2010, 08:33 AM

Default shake off the dust...

Isam gives people, it's followers a sense of 'structure'...which a lot of Christanity has lost...

With Christanity it's more like 'Do as you please, all will be forgiven'...

'God loves you no matter what, your free'

As a result of such messages, christanity has kinda become a undiciplined religion...with no rules to follow...kinda follow your own path type of deal...

If the church is serious about trying to reverse the trend, then they really need to examine their 'identity'.
Their leadership...their methods...

And the Catholic church needs to wake up, and quit appointing 80 year old yoda...... like Popes who are totally out of touch with twitter and other faster moving mediums...

They need to appoint a young vibrant pope, who still has hair and can jog, work out, lift wieghts and goes to soccor games...

The youth of the world need to see that....The Catholic church leadership needs to shake off the dust...

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM

39 posts, read 63,330 times
It's quite sad to see the many obvious uneducated responses here, particularly those which are blatantly attacking Islam. I know Islam to be a peaceful religion practised by over 1billion people in the world (and counting). Sure, there is a minority which will 'use' the faith to promote certain political aims and this kind of tactic is well-documented in the history of all the major World religions (Consider the horrendous massacres undertaken by the Christian church throughout the middle ages; the atrocities committed by the Irgun and the Haganah).

There are many videos on youtube which provide an insight into why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the World (which is a fact)- people are choosing Islam as it appeals to them as a peaceful and meaningful way to live their lives. Simple as that.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:07 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus7 View Post
It's quite sad to see the many obvious uneducated responses here, particularly those which are blatantly attacking Islam. I know Islam to be a peaceful religion practised by over 1billion people in the world (and counting). Sure, there is a minority which will 'use' the faith to promote certain political aims and this kind of tactic is well-documented in the history of all the major World religions (Consider the horrendous massacres undertaken by the Christian church throughout the middle ages; the atrocities committed by the Irgun and the Haganah).

There are many videos on youtube which provide an insight into why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the World (which is a fact)- people are choosing Islam as it appeals to them as a peaceful and meaningful way to live their lives. Simple as that.
There is nothing peaceful or meaningful about a Deen . . . that demands total subjugation of your entire life to a barbarous God who demands that human beings enforce His requirements on other human beings until He is dominant over all peoples . . . either by conversion, killing or conquest under dhimmitude. A god that requires humans to enforce His dictates is IMPOTENT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam