Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:27 PM

439 posts, read 556,255 times

Advertisements

"I was sent to complete the high ethics"
Prophet Muhammed peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:28 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
with all respect , i'm sure that most of you people didn't formulate an openion about islam with even 1% of your brain

it's all formulated by media and stereotypes

anyway , i think that we differed in our openion because we differed in our aims

my aim is to cause harmony , love , peace and respect between different beliefs within society , so i will encourage freedom of expression as long as it dosn't effect negativly in the society

our love for our prophet and for our relegion is something make me proud , no other people take their relegion seriously and respect their prophets like muslims do , you can't blame us for this emotions
offcourse it dosn't mean that i encourage the act of violence by anymeans , some of people loose their control , you can't blame islam because group of people lost control in their emotions

my humble view is that absolute freedom of speach without any restrictions or rules or ethices is a perfect tool to destroy the society internally
I don't blame you for loving your religion or your prophet. I blame Muslims for what they do because they feel their religion and prophet have been attacked.

I can and I do blame Islam because it is from the teachings of Islam that Muslims take and then go behave in violent ways.

I would also say that given some of the muslim responses I would submit that I doubt most Muslims who post here have any idea what it is like to live in a Western and democratic society.

I don't see Muslims living ethically in Muslim societies.

In Western societies there is freedom of speech and religion. These are central to a society that values its citizens. It is important to have a separation of religion and government. Those societies that have religion and government combined do not have freedom of speech, thought, education or religion.

I would also submit that most Muslims who post here don't understand other religions.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:31 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Quote:

my humble view is that absolute freedom of speach without any restrictions or rules or ethices is a perfect tool to destroy the society internally
The type of speech that deserves absolute protection is the kind of speech that criticizes an idea.

Because it is dangerous to declare an idea immune from criticism, even if that idea calls itself a religion. No one should be forced to respect an idea that they believe is worthy of ridicule.

Beyond that, don't you think it's a little ironic that the purpose of the cartoon was to demonstrate the violence associated with Islam, and Muslims objected to that argument by becoming violent?

Didn't the reaction of Muslims prove the underlying truth of the cartoon?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The type of speech that deserves absolute protection is the kind of speech that criticizes an idea.

Because it is dangerous to declare an idea immune from criticism, even if that idea calls itself a religion. No one should be forced to respect an idea that they believe is worthy of ridicule.

Beyond that, don't you think it's a little ironic that the purpose of the cartoon was to demonstrate the violence associated with Islam, and Muslims objected to that argument by becoming violent?

Didn't the reaction of Muslims prove the underlying truth of the cartoon?
You do have a way of cutting to the chase on some things, Box! Too bad it is used so poorly in defense of an unsupportable denial of our Creator.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
from the laws of this forum
Quote:
Hate speech, racism or bashing of ANY sort will NOT be tolerated. Rude posts will be removed and infractions issued. Do not quote or talk to trolls or your posts will also be deleted. Use the report feature instead.
if the freedom of speech should to give you rights to bashing other beliefs , then why this kind of freedom not exist in this forum
specially when you agree with me that this forum not islamic and don't hold islamic culture , actually it's westerner forum

Old 01-03-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
from the laws of this forum

if the freedom of speech should to give you rights to bashing other beliefs , then why this kind of freedom not exist in this forum
specially when you agree with me that this forum not islamic and don't hold islamic culture , actually it's westerner forum

Because this is a privately owned forum and so the owner can set the rules.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Because this is a privately owned forum and so the owner can set the rules.
so we can't say that we have freedom of speech here ?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
so we can't say that we have freedom of speech here ?

When you own something you get to set the rules..... Has nothing to do with free speech.

If you own something it belongs to you and you get to set the rules you want.

It is a simple concept really.....

Old 01-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
When you own something you get to set the rules..... Has nothing to do with free speech.

If you own something it belongs to you and you get to set the rules you want.

It is a simple concept really.....
when someone set rules in his own forum to prevent and punish or ban specific kinds of speech , then it has nothing to do with freedom of speech in the forum ?

jazzy , i want to realize the concept of " freedom of speech" from westernerer point of view , and i'm asking about the rules of this forum because this forum supposed to be westerner forum which hold westerner culture and collect westerner members

Old 01-03-2011, 01:56 PM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Elwill,

Here's a couple examples:

I can go anywhere I like on public land, but if I go onto someones else's private property, I risk being shot. (CD is like private property)

If I was to believe that blacks and mexicans were sub-human, I could not post that here on CD, but I could go to Stormfront and be embraced with open arms. When it comes to private property, the rules are subject to the owner.

Depicting your Prophet with a bomb in his turban is not hate speech. It is satire used by a group to portray current events in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam