Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 01:37 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
The UAE recently outlawed religious discrimination, no hate speech or written propaganda allowed. I doubt they wouldn't do that if radical Muslims liked them. I've never been there though, so perhaps someone else can better answer your question. (good question btw)
The UAE, of which Dubai is an Emirate, along with Abu Dhabi are very progressive and a different branch of Islam from the extremists. They're also sort of protected, being surrounded by Saudi and Oman on all sides and the Persian Gulf in front of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 01:38 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoXgZLRee0

Old 12-09-2015, 01:47 PM

1,261 posts, read 951,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Nope, it is painfully clear as to where the issue of women's rights is most in peril - look at ANY Islamic cultist majority (sorry excuses of a) nation and it is there for ALL to see. They hate women and freedom of minorities, they abuse animals in the name of halal (another yet very important topic) and they promote terrorism.

Did I remember to say Islamic nations abuse their women the most by controlling even what they wear??
1. The vast majority of Islamic countries do not control what women wear, although skimpy attire would certainly stand out, and probably not in a good way. Much in the same way that European tourists who opt to change right on the beach in the US stand out. The countries that do severely restrict clothing (like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan, which seem to be the only reference point many here have for a Muslim country) also control what men wear. You aren't going to see a man walking down the streets of Riyadh with bare knees, either.

2. Abuse animals? I've seen a sheep slaughtered by having the neck cut (not by Muslims, interestingly enough, but by Orthodox Greeks in the Caucus mountains). It was quick, respectful, and far more humane than what we do in our slaughterhouses in the US.

Old 12-09-2015, 01:49 PM

309 posts, read 308,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a Liberal I am against overreaching religions, and I have never seen a religion more overreaching and illiberal than Islam.

I have. It's called Christianity. And I say this as a Christian...

Old 12-09-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree. If you don't want to be treated like a bum then don't dress like one. I you don't want to be treated like skinhead then don't dress like one. If you don't want to be treated like a terrorist... Well, you get the idea.
Define "terrorist" dress...

Old 12-09-2015, 01:57 PM

833 posts, read 657,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_Watts View Post
Define "terrorist" dress...

Never mind

Old 12-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I have. It's called Christianity. And I say this as a Christian...

Yeah, that's why you see a steady flow of "Christians" flocking to Islamic cult majority nations while seeking shelter from the West and its "twisted" ideologies. LOL

Old 12-09-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Hate what? The fact that you can still be in one piece if you get blamed for stealing just 1 dollar or your eyes are not gouged if you are seen gawking at a cute babe? What part do you hate?

If moslem want to live like cavemen it's their problem. Don't ask the civilized world to put up with menacing face covers - it could be another Osama hiding for all you know.

You mean Menacing head/face covers like these...?

Old 12-09-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
You mean Menacing head/face covers like these...?
Sorry it hurts Islamic cultists' sentiments when people don't think potato sack over the head isn't as sexy as moslem mullahs make it out to be. Darned.

As for the picture you cobbled together, Mother Teresa never killed people with machine guns. LOL

Old 12-09-2015, 02:08 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
Quote:
Sorry it hurts Islamic cultists' sentiments when people don't think potato sack over the head isn't as sexy as moslem mullahs make it out to be. Darned.

As for the picture you cobbled together, Mother Teresa never killed people with machine guns. LOL

But according to this thread, she dressed like a terrorist & is a symbol of terrorist just like these 2 girls in UT who didn't kill people with machine guns either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam