Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:44 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times

Advertisements

I don't like Bill Maher (can't stand him actually!) but he hit the nail on the head in that bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 05:48 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
i argued many times in many forums about sharia in islam .
but all of them focused on why we impose islamic laws on nonmuslims
so i want for this discussion to be quite different here

my question is , if sharia law not contradict with commands of God of other relegions , why you deny it ?
is it because it's islamic ? or because it's issues oppose your relegion ?

so, what do you think sharia is ?
Can this photo end this whole discussion??

TIME Cover Depicts the Disturbing Plight of Afghan Women - TIME

By all that is decent and good, Why is this even an issue of debate?? Sharia is barbaric.....it is EVIL. Period.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

By all that is decent and good, Why is this even an issue of debate?? Sharia is barbaric.....it is EVIL. Period.

A picture speaks a thousand words and to the muslims here you must know in your hearts that sharia is barbaric.

My heart just aches when I see pictures like this and I am dumbfounded that muslims still stand behind sharia.

Speechless.......

Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM

63,795 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
A picture speaks a thousand words and to the muslims here you must know in your hearts that sharia is barbaric.

My heart just aches when I see pictures like this and I am dumbfounded that muslims still stand behind sharia.

Speechless.......
Muslims are indoctrinated from birth (like imprinting) into an evil and hateful deen (religion is too mild and inappropriate a term for this all-encompassing evil). Sharia is merely the expression of this evil in its most barbaric form. For the most part . . . they lack the psychological freedom to even see the evil of it. It is a tragedy of monumental proportions that is perpetuated by evil old men claiming to be religious leaders.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
That cover photo of the barbarically disfigured woman should answer the "Why sharia upsetting you?" question once and for all.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:27 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That cover photo of the barbarically disfigured woman should answer the "Why sharia upsetting you?" question once and for all.

But sadly it won't.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,053 times
Another reason...

Stop the execution of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani (Mirror)

Old 08-07-2010, 11:38 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
Gplex: As if another reason were needed, but it's horrifying and barbaric, all right.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,968,335 times
They are just trolling forums such as this, hoping to recruit some poor dope who is both dumb and searching for meaning in life. After all, it is hard to convince a person to suicide bomb - about the only way to do it is to convince a person that somehow it's god's will and that he/she will be rewarded in the afterlife for their ignorance.

Did you hear the phone conversations between the Mumbai terrorists and their handlers? Obviously, the terrorists were dumb country folk, really brainwashed by religious indoctrination, and obviously those handlers, safely miles away, were fully aware of the ignorance they were taking advantage of and can hardly be believing in any god themselves.

The people behind this 'sharia' are evil personified. I think some of their subjects are ignorant and vulnerable and easily lead. They are the fodder in this war.

It is ugly that they are now in the US and trying to recruit people. They are a foreign power, having declared war on us and get around our laws by masquerading as a religion, taking advantage of our religious freedoms.

It is a disgusting thing when elements of this religion seem to have so many fooled into thinking Satan is God. They may not call it by that name, but that is whom they serve.

There may be something in the Koran that says people are fooled into thinking evil is good, there are such verses in the bible and the Koran seems to mimic a lot that is in the bible.

This is what can happen when those in a religion are not encouraged to read and follow teachings on their own. Most people, left to their own devices, would do good. It is when the religion is left to a few 'wise' men to interpret for the people that we seem to get into trouble.

Remember, there was a time in which this country feared a Catholic president? Then we realized that most Catholics do not follow every pronouncement of the pope, but think for themselves regarding their religion. I wish Muslims would do the same and throw sharia out for the trash that it is. No wonder they hate to educate their people. The worst nightmare of their leaders is that their people start to interpret their religion for themselves and these impotent leaders would be rejected.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 AM

88,559 posts, read 84,738,350 times
[quote=goldengrain;15418322]They are just trolling forums such as this, hoping to recruit some poor dope who is both dumb and searching for meaning in life. After all, it is hard to convince a person to suicide bomb - about the only way to do it is to convince a person that somehow it's god's will and that he/she will be rewarded in the afterlife for their ignorance.

Did you hear the phone conversations between the Mumbai terrorists and their handlers? Obviously, the terrorists were dumb country folk, really brainwashed by religious indoctrination, and obviously those handlers, safely miles away, were fully aware of the ignorance they were taking advantage of and can hardly be believing in any god themselves.

The people behind this 'sharia' are evil personified. I think some of their subjects are ignorant and vulnerable and easily lead. They are the fodder in this war.

It is ugly that they are now in the US and trying to recruit people. They are a foreign power, having declared war on us and get around our laws by masquerading as a religion, taking advantage of our religious freedoms.

It is a disgusting thing when elements of this religion seem to have so many fooled into thinking Satan is God. They may not call it by that name, but that is whom they serve.

There may be something in the Koran that says people are fooled into thinking evil is good, there are such verses in the bible and the Koran seems to mimic a lot that is in the bible.

This is what can happen when those in a religion are not encouraged to read and follow teachings on their own. Most people, left to their own devices, would do good. It is when the religion is left to a few 'wise' men to interpret for the people that we seem to get into trouble.

Remember, there was a time in which this country feared a Catholic president? Then we realized that most Catholics do not follow every pronouncement of the pope, but think for themselves regarding their religion. I wish Muslims would do the same and throw sharia out for the trash that it is. No wonder they hate to educate their people. The worst nightmare of their leaders is that their people start to interpret their religion for themselves and these impotent leaders would be rejected.[/quote]

??? Many Muslims are educated. Was just reading a NY Times article yesterday about a young Iranian woman coming to the US to pursue her engineering degree because our universities are considered superior, and the wider story was about other young Iranians who go to college here. The numbers had dropped to about 1700 a year since the revolution, but they are picking up now. A lot of people don't seem to get that the atrocities you hear about in Muslim countries are often cultural interpretations of Islam. Saying that Muslims in a hellhole like Afghanistan are the same as Muslims in Turkey is ignorant. Women in Afghanistan have to hide in the house and wear burqas. Don't you know any educated Muslim people, especially women, in the business world? Doctors? Lawyers?

Your last sentence is correct--that's exactly what is worrying the extremist leaders and their followers. The better-educated Muslims are pushing back against them and their medieval ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam