Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times

Advertisements

Islam simply means peace, i have travel to many parts and reading alot what people are saying about Islam. Sorry you all got it wrong. People committing suicide bombing is not Islam, "anybody that kill himself he will be punished in here after" so what those islam have to do with terrorism? Muslim killing his fellow muslim as a result of suicide bomb, is that Islam?NO. That is peoples choice, What war do Islam know? "HOLY WAR" that is it, islam indicate to marry four(4) wives (IF) you will be justly to all of them , feed them and their children,provide shelter to them and equality of love.Please Islam is not a religion of killing but a religion of peace, a good muslim is different from others....Most of the people involved in this killings are the others who call them selves Muslim....ALLAH AKHBAR....

Share your ideas with me in other for the world to know the real background of Islam, If you have questions please say them, its all knowledge.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 11:00 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,070,365 times
So it's not true that the only sure way to get to paradise and 72 virgins is to die in jihad?

I've always heard the reason the 9/11 hijackers went to the strip club the night before was to seal their fate--no paradise for them unless they carried out the plan.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:22 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
What makes Islam look bad is not the work of a few violent Muslims.

What makes Islam look bad is when crowds of many thousands of seemingly mainstream Muslims cheer over the horrors wrought by a few violent Muslims.

What makes Islam look bad is that when governments who profess to be the most deeply steeped in Islam:

--stone their women for perceived indecencies
--blow up ancient statues
--otherwise show a lack of civilization and humanity.

If anyone watching extremist Islamic governments thinks "Good lord, the more deeply they embrace this religion the worse they behave," no one can blame them for suspecting that the problem lies partly in the religion's core tenets. The evidence suggests it.

When I look at Islam, there's far more than can fit in one field of vision. The most rational version I see is that which prevails in southeast Asia, Turkey, Morocco and many other non-theocratic countries. Lumping all of Islam together is as ignorant as lumping all of Christianity together, and about as productive.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:26 AM

790 posts, read 1,733,444 times
Quote:
Islam simply means peace
doesn't it mean submission to God?

Quote:
Muslim killing his fellow muslim as a result of suicide bomb, is that Islam?NO.
but a muslim killing a non-muslim as the result of a suicide bomb is fine?

Old 12-31-2008, 12:15 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I think you're reading too much into his post. elnasr is only trying to say that Islam is not (or does not have to be) a violent religion.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:16 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
doesn't it mean submission to God?

[/color]
it means both

Quote:

[/color]
no

For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. Sura #5:32

Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,147 times
Islam is my religion which I love it so much, and it becomes a victim of terrorism and violence these days.

Any muslim means he is a terrorist ....and that is totally wrong.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:56 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. Sura #5:32
It's easy to see how radicals get around that one: just determine that your enemy is causing 'corruption in the earth,' and said enemy becomes a fair target. They're completely missing the point of the sura, but that's what religious radicals typically do: torture their scriptures until they cough up a justification for whatever action the radicals feel like taking. Probably happens in every religion that has radicals.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:01 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
Islam is my religion which I love it so much, and it becomes a victim of terrorism and violence these days.

Any muslim means he is a terrorist ....and that is totally wrong.
Islam has some very beautiful principles . . . the ones that mirror Christ's beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount. The malevolent corruptions of Mohammed using Jihad to spread Islam and achieve worldly power and Sharia Law are an abomination of those principles. ANY religion that FORCES anyone to abide by it is EVIL! Our souls are free to accept or not . . . and there should be NO EARTHLY consequences from others who disagree!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:04 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times
It is a common misconception that Mohammad was a man of peace. He actually wasn't, he happened to be very violent. His religion came about by force, from he himself to boot.

Before anyone brings up the crusades and forced conversions of pagans to Christianity, I would like to mention that such forced conversions came many many centuries after the death of Jesus. Most people converted to Christianity in the early Church out of free will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam