Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You know I'm thinking now, if I just WALK to the train station from my apt which is about 10-12 mins, I think I can catch that 6:52am train. So that would mean I need to be out the house by 6:35am.

I will give it a try on monday and see how I make it. See I normally catch a bus to the train because i don't feel like walking early in the morning. So i;m on the bus for 3 mins and then walk in the station to catch the train.
A 3 min bus ride, then walk in the station to take a 10 min train ride. It must be like the triathlon for you. How do you do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,364,090 times
You can't get up at 6:00 and be ready to walk out the door at 7:15?

Sleep shouldn't be a problem this Sunday night. The Falcons will bury the dog killer under the Georgia Dome turf and the game will be over by halftime.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:32 PM

806 posts, read 2,885,246 times
Don't change the subject and ruin my Friday night entertainment, please? Let TVSG enthrall us with the minutiae details and intricacies of his daily preparation for getting to work. It's fascinating how much I know about his daily habits just by reading his posts!
If you must talk football, there's a forum for that....thataway...

Old 09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
You can't get up at 6:00 and be ready to walk out the door at 7:15?

Sleep shouldn't be a problem this Sunday night. The Falcons will bury the dog killer under the Georgia Dome turf and the game will be over by halftime.
i wish all that was true about the game but i doubt it

Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
I would have to be out the door by 7:15am and on the express no later than 7:35am
WOW! That's a 15 minute itinerary if you are catching the subway at 7:35 and able to get to work by 7:50am ... I'd seriously consider the subway versus the 45 minute train ride.

BUT, I'd take an earlier subway as you would be cutting it waaaay too close my dear!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
What you said ^^^^^^^^^
He's talking about two separate things ... The commuter train requires that he get up at 5:30am but he is able to wake up later if he uses the express subway plus bus itinerary ... I guess those who don't use mass transit have a hard time distinguishing between trains and subways but those are two separate things ...

Old 09-16-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
WOW! That's a 15 minute itinerary if you are catching the subway at 7:35 and able to get to work by 7:50am ... I'd seriously consider the subway versus the 45 minute train ride.
both the train and subway have a negative and positive after reading the paper today

Train
positive-"safer"
negative-"can be delays due to suicides on the tracks"

Subway
positive-"faster and runs more frequent"
negative-"Not safe and can't get hurt or robbed"

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,639,381 times
Good Lord. I am able to get up early, with jetlag mind you, walk around an international city where
English is not the first language, take multiple subway or trains to get to my Paris office. And I always stay in different parts of the city. Yet you can't seem to get up nor have the energy to walk in the
Morning. Good grief.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheduns View Post
Good Lord. I am able to get up early, with jetlag mind you, walk around an international city where
English is not the first language, take multiple subway or trains to get to my Paris office. And I always stay in different parts of the city. Yet you can't seem to get up nor have the energy to walk in the
Morning. Good grief.
It wasn't always a issue, it's just one now because since 2000, I been walking to work. In 1998 i caught a bus to the subway, then rode the subway to the end of the line. Got on another train that was 20 mins and then walked 9 blocks to the job.

So it's been so long that i have to get my body back to what I used to do

Old 09-16-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
both the train and subway have a negative and positive after reading the paper today

Train
positive-"safer"
negative-"can be delays due to suicides on the tracks"

Subway
positive-"faster and runs more frequent"
negative-"Not safe and can't get hurt or robbed"
Tell me about that one as there has been a rash of these incidents in So Cal and being stuck on a train is NO FUN!

Anyways ... I'm not that familiar with Philly as I'm with LA but we have subways/light rails and many of those run through rough areas (South Central, East LA, etc ... ) and I've never felt unsafe while riding our light rail lines and I'm a 5'3" dainty lady. This is just my guess but I would imagine that during rush hours, you'd find more commuter types going to and from work versus derelicts and other trouble makers ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search