Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 04:38 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,758,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokygirl View Post
"They maybe all look the same" ??????????? What the heck? You (as well as several others) are bleeding racism all over this thread. Shame on you all.
I agree. The amount of racism on this thread is disgusting.

People on here keep saying they arent racist and then keep proving that they are. My dad used to say "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then its a duck even if it says its not a duck". The same can be said on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 05:08 PM

58 posts, read 140,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
-----" given you can see them working all the time--"

Define-----"them" !

Just becaiuse you see Mexicans working at a packing plant, poultry processing plant, or big dairy farm does not mean they are the same individuals from week to week or from month to month.

They maybe all look the same, but that doesn't mean they are the same individuals week after week ( or even day after day)

Quote:
Can JimmyJohnWilson confirm that those are the same individuals that he sees working every day ?

I'll bet he sees Mexicans workers at different times and presumes those are the same workers who were working their the last time he noticed them.

I'll also bet they--"all look the same "-- to JimmyJohnWilson when he praises their work ethic !
I am laughing my a** off at your reply. You seem like a silly person and a racist to boot. No sense in wasting my breath by asking you to read some history or open your mind a little. Bye.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatt86 View Post
Well duck, duck, duck...aren't you just the great thinker. Did your dad think of that all on his own. We all know what shape your state is in buddy so keep the culture and ideas that have run it into the ground. If you guys don't like opinions and want to keep crying racism then go away
You are being quite hypocritcal. This forum is for all people who share different ideas. Your telling me to go away because I think differently then you. Thats pretty bad.

No my Dad didnt come up with it, he just used to say it. California might be hurting, but how would you adress Texas? Its doing better than any state in the Union and its full of illegals. They dont coddle them like they do in Cali, but they still have them in droves. And guess what? The economy is doing better here than anywhere in the country hands down. Believe it or not, for all that illegals can bogg down the system in terms of welfare, they are cheap as all hell labor. So they do help the economy in certain ways.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
-----cheap as hell labor"----

not something to be proud of

Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,525 times
Again I ask, how is a buck twenty, or fifty a day cheap??? AND you gotta pick 'em up and drop 'em off, and buy 'em lunch!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
-----cheap as hell labor"----

not something to be proud of
Well, the arguement being made here is that illegal immigrants bogg down the economy. They also help the economy in this way. Its not a good thing, but its a fact.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Well, the arguement being made here is that illegal immigrants bogg down the economy. They also help the economy in this way. Its not a good thing, but its a fact.
That's like justifying a bank robber cuz he's polite

Old 09-22-2009, 11:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
That's like justifying a bank robber cuz he's polite
thanks, I agree. Maybe we do need to have a worker permit program. In fact I think we do, but certainly what LAnative is saying isn't the answer. Illegal means just that...

Nita

Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks, I agree. Maybe we do need to have a worker permit program. In fact I think we do, but certainly what LAnative is saying isn't the answer. Illegal means just that...

Nita
No thats not what Im suggesting, thats the way it currently is. Our economy profits from their cheap labor. I think its awful, but its a fact. I would LOVE to expand a workers permit program. They are going to come reguardless. Might as well make it better for everyone.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM

--"they are going to come regardless"--

I'm not ready to accept that defeatist conclusion.

People will continue to drink and drive also. However, as the penalties got stiffer and enforcement cracked down, there are less people willing to chance it.

Time to do the same with illegals .
Fewer will chance it also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky