Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: People moving In and Out of Vegas Poll Question???
Do you know people moving out of Vegas at a stunning rate! 14 24.14%
Do you know people who stay for a while but hate Vegas 16 27.59%
Vegas is my Home and I plan to stay!!! 28 48.28%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 10:50 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,988,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Ohh stop. It is exactly the same climate...Hell parts of Las Vegas are further north and higher than NLV. And parts are lower.

Same basin. Same climate. If you get out to the Lae it gets a couple of degrees warmer but that is it.
Ya most of the time Vegas and ABQ can have the same temps..
its just depends..i mean there are alot of simular things about vegas and abq haha which is pretty neato!

Old 08-03-2008, 10:52 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Quote:
Ohh stop. It is exactly the same climate...Hell parts of Las Vegas are further north and higher than NLV. And parts are lower.

Same basin. Same climate. If you get out to the Lae it gets a couple of degrees warmer but that is it.
I remember it being more muggy in the summer and more of the monsoon. It is cooler in the winter right? More snow in fact. But I was not bashing their weather, it is almost the same.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:53 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Yea..mmm i love a city with snow
I'm so used to the weather here man. Like i went to florida last month and it took me two weeks to get used to it!
But yea are city is nice, its becoming a city i thought it would never be.. and now that were still growing its nice lots of development everywhere and the people are nice, its just are downtown area is all jacked up, everyone forgot about it, and sprawled outward.
Fast growth has its drawbacks, so what makes ABQ special vs. other fast growing cities?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
Fast growth has its drawbacks, so what makes ABQ special vs. other fast growing cities?
Yes i must agree it does, which is why we really never grew too too fast, the one that grew fast around here was rio rancho albuquerque's next door small city, that little city had a population of 50,000 in 2001 and now it passed 90,000 it was nothing but desert but that place is ugly i cant stand it, the sprawl was so unplanned and now its a mess haha

ABQ
- Economy
- Culture
- People
- Affordable Housing/Living

Just some of the few.. ABQ is getting better in alot of ways, we should see three new skyscrapers soon, if all goes planned.. a nascar race track, and possibly a basketball team.. were in the planning stages of a nice new downtown arena which is nice and something our downtown needs

Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMELESSMAN View Post
HISTORY ALWAYS REPEATS ITSELF....
hISTORY REPEATS ITSELF!!!
So do people with low IQ's. Shouting doesn't make it any more true, smegma for brains.

I wonder if it's possible to award negative reputation points?

Hmmm...I move that we change Homelessman's name to Sherrif's Love Child. He certainly acts like it!

Do I have a second?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
There is a guy posting from ABQ New Mexico. He says its the best town since sliced bread:
Hahhaha
yes it is.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:39 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
Quote:

I thought they were comparing Las Vegas and Albuquerque. Alb. is cooler and a little more humid. Very mild temps. It seldom hits 100º and they have twice as much rain, which isn't saying much. Plus the air is a lot cleaner there. The cool air and the wind currents around the mountains are what makes it perfect for ballooning. Anything not tied down will be stolen in Alb., but I think major crime is less than Las Vegas. More pathological liars, con artists, and crazies per square mile there for some strange reason. You can't trust anyone in NM, no matter how friendly they are to your face. I used to say it was because of the radiation from all the uranium destroying brain cells. They sure know how to eat though. Luckily there are actually more positives than negatives in Alb. I really like it there even with all the nutcases. But with respect to what this other guy is saying, the economy is almost always slow there. And the housing market is down like everywhere else, and it has never been close to what it was here before the crash.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702
There is a guy posting from ABQ New Mexico. He says its the best town since sliced bread:

Hahhaha
yes it is.

I've always wondered what was the best thing before sliced bread.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
But with respect to what this other guy is saying, the economy is almost always slow there. And the housing market is down like everywhere else, and it has never been close to what it was here before the crash.
Yes the housing market is down, but not like most places.. our metro was mentioned on cnn a few weeks ago for the lowest in forclosures. Only 1 out of 750, now it is 1 out of 890.. houses are still going up i dont know if you have been to albuquerque recently but every morning on my way to work i see a few more houses being built everyday or so i just recently purchased a home and where i live the subdivision is brand new there are tons of homes being built in my area.. very nice people most seem to be from california and my closest next door neighbor is from actually vegas haha.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Yes the housing market is down, but not like most places.. our metro was mentioned on cnn a few weeks ago for the lowest in forclosures. Only 1 out of 750, now it is 1 out of 890.. houses are still going up i dont know if you have been to albuquerque recently but every morning on my way to work i see a few more houses being built everyday or so i just recently purchased a home and where i live the subdivision is brand new there are tons of homes being built in my area.. very nice people most seem to be from california and my closest next door neighbor is from actually vegas haha.
And there are still homes being built here in Las Vegas as well, look in our newspaper in the Real Estate Section and take a drive around when you are here.

I've been to Albuquerque twice, it's OK and pretty scenery. It's far more humid, which is horrible to me and it's a typical SW place.

Big difference I see there is that it is more affordable than Las Vegas. I also noticed it is very quiet there. The sidewalks get packed up by 10pm in most places.

Let's face it, people want to live in Las Vegas for the excitement and the choices of things to do and places to go, and for the convenience of things. Albuquerque just can't compare, it doesn't have the Las Vegas Strip! That's why more people moved here and purchased homes ...and why there is less foreclosures in Albuquerque and MORE foreclosures here in LV. It just boils down to the fact that more people bought homes here in Las Vegas, than they did in Albuquerque. Hence, the higher number of foreclosures in LV...

I mean, lets face it. Ask folks where they'd like to own a home...

Las Vegas or Albuquerque...

You know most of them will pick Las Vegas....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas