Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Quite frankly I don't think this case will be solved. SCPD hasent even been able to ID half the bodies but yet somehow they know only one killer is responsible? Also they previously said that the 16 month old baby was not a homicide victim ... now she suddenly is? And what's the deal with the cross dressing Asian dude? What 'MO' does that fit into? How does one go from killing hookers to killing a 16 month old baby girl an an Asian guy in a dress?

Some of these bodies have been there for over a decade, there is very little physical evidence, all this plus the SCPD's usual incompetence and general uselessness makes it unlikely this case will ever be solved. They dropped the ball back around 2002 when the first bodies were discovered in Manorville ... it took them 8 years to admit we have at least one serial killer running around.
What? What's this about incompetence and uselessness?

They're the highest paid police in the country!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Something tells me they know more than they are letting on. No, that is not some kind of hint at "inside information." They just never reveal all they know, just like with the kid who was murdered in West Islip.

Think about it. If they were close to solving it, why would they announce that and risk driving the murderer into hiding?

But they have to say something so the public knows they haven't forgotten about it. Mentioning this to the press is PR, nothing more. Either a reporter called up and asked or there is a strategy behind making an announcement at this time. Heck, it could be to derail the killer. Back when there was a sniper in DC, they made a big stink about a "white van," knowing full well all along that there was no white van involved. It was a land yacht, blue if I recall correctly. The whole white van thing was a way of weeding out false tips from cranks.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Something tells me they know more than they are letting on. No, that is not some kind of hint at "inside information." They just never reveal all they know, just like with the kid who was murdered in West Islip.

Think about it. If they were close to solving it, why would they announce that and risk driving the murderer into hiding?

But they have to say something so the public knows they haven't forgotten about it. Mentioning this to the press is PR, nothing more. Either a reporter called up and asked or there is a strategy behind making an announcement at this time. Heck, it could be to derail the killer. Back when there was a sniper in DC, they made a big stink about a "white van," knowing full well all along that there was no white van involved. It was a land yacht, blue if I recall correctly. The whole white van thing was a way of weeding out false tips from cranks.
yesterday afternoon on my way home from my mom's house I decided to take ocean parkway to avoid sitting in the east bound traffic of the SS Pkwy, anyway in the OBI parking lot there were four channel 7 news vans waiting. I think they know more than they are letting on. From what I have heard last day or so they are going to search again for the body of one of the girls missing since May. (forgot her name)

Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
yesterday afternoon on my way home from my mom's house I decided to take ocean parkway to avoid sitting in the east bound traffic of the SS Pkwy, anyway in the OBI parking lot there were four channel 7 news vans waiting. I think they know more than they are letting on. From what I have heard last day or so they are going to search again for the body of one of the girls missing since May. (forgot her name)

Must have been an exceptionally slow news day if one channel had four news vans (and crews) sitting in a parking lot in an area removed from any other potential stories waiting for maybe something might could news.

I'm calling Bravo Sierra on this.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
Must have been an exceptionally slow news day if one channel had four news vans (and crews) sitting in a parking lot in an area removed from any other potential stories waiting for maybe something might could news.

I'm calling Bravo Sierra on this.
Must have been who knows.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:58 AM

24 posts, read 43,479 times
How many other people have to be murdered before they arrest the suspects. Pack of animals. The public doesn't realize that these are well organized killings. I heard of dumb. But is just plain stupid. Morons

Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa58 View Post
How many other people have to be murdered before they arrest the suspects. Pack of animals. The public doesn't realize that these are well organized killings. I heard of dumb. But is just plain stupid. Morons
Thanks for your opinion. I can tell you're going to be a valued member of this community. Please continue to post your lucid, intelligent and unbiased opinion.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:18 AM

133 posts, read 283,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
Thanks for your opinion. I can tell you're going to be a valued member of this community. Please continue to post your lucid, intelligent and unbiased opinion.
Lol I love you self righteousness "members of the community" who have the need to set others straight. Seriously, who died and left you editor in charge? I've noticed a continuing cycle on this forum. Posters like your self arive, develope a misguided feeling of self importance, can't resist the urge to set others straight on how things should be according to you, and then eventually post something stupid and are never heard from again. Did posting the above comment make you feel good about yourself? maybe a bit superior? keep up the good work. By the way this isn't a "community", its a bunch of anonymous clowns with nothing better to do, myself included.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:57 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whinnner1 View Post
Lol I love you self righteousness "members of the community" who have the need to set others straight. Seriously, who died and left you editor in charge? I've noticed a continuing cycle on this forum. Posters like your self arive, develope a misguided feeling of self importance, can't resist the urge to set others straight on how things should be according to you, and then eventually post something stupid and are never heard from again. Did posting the above comment make you feel good about yourself? maybe a bit superior? keep up the good work. By the way this isn't a "community", its a bunch of anonymous clowns with nothing better to do, myself included.
You can't find anything better to do than post all that drivel? Sad.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM

133 posts, read 283,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
You can't find anything better to do than post all that drivel? Sad.
Oh what you posted was meaningfull? You trashed someone for no other reason than you feel your somehow above them with your community of city data pals. Get a life. What I posted about you is sad, sad but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island