Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 AM

302 posts, read 961,821 times

Advertisements

Coco's is long gone, probably almost 10 years now. It's Prime steakhouse now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 09:00 AM

And I like patchogue village but from what i've heard Pat-Med schools are pretty bad.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:31 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,173,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDtech123 View Post
Coco's is long gone, probably almost 10 years now. It's Prime steakhouse now.
Can you boat up and hang?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
And I like patchogue village but from what i've heard Pat-Med schools are pretty bad.
Good point.

Towns looking good though.

Best bet is Sound Beach Miller Place Rocky Point

Peace

Croosk

Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Can you boat up and hang?
Yes, at Prime you can

Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Yes, at Prime you can
Cool.

Thanks Elke

Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM

Wow, I wonder if they charge to dock there? At Coco's they would charge by the foot, but the coast guard would hang out near by to nail everyone with BWI's.

I guess for now its just about watchin prices and interest rates until im ready to buy sometime late this year or early next.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Wow, I wonder if they charge to dock there? At Coco's they would charge by the foot, but the coast guard would hang out near by to nail everyone with BWI's.

I guess for now its just about watchin prices and interest rates until im ready to buy sometime late this year or early next.

We hang @ Cedar Beach, Setauket Harbor or Pirates Cove and love it.

Peace

Crooks

Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
I see all of your points of view, and thank you all for the much needed advice. As far as the water I feel like the water is more accessable on the south shore, as far as going to the beach or dumping the boat in the water at the local ramp. The only experience I have of boating on the north shore is towing the boat down to port jeff, waiting on line for 45 minutes to put it in and then beginning additional 45 minute trek out of the harbor at 5 mph. If ne one else has other nice spots to bring a boat on the north shore please let me know. I am partially bias as well because I grew up hangin' out at my dad's house on a canal in bluepoint with the boat in the back yard ready for a day trip to davis park on fire island or just a quick 30 minute cruise. Are there any hanh outs on the water in the north shore ie: bars or restaurants that you can drive the boat up to?
I see your perspective -- how sweet having the canal and Fire Island in your backyard!

We are more the fishing type; many of my friends sail or have power boats. My friends on the north shore think nothing of heading over to CT for a day or overnight trip; some go over to Block Island. (I am more the seasick type so I do not go on the longer trips.)

There is a town boat ramp at Stony Brook between West Meadow Beach and the yacht club. You can be out on the Sound more quickly than over in PJ. I am over that way often and there is seldom an insane line like what you experienced. Caveat: prime time on a holiday is another story.

The house on Knolltop (I believe that was the first MLS# I sent) is about 1 block from the ramp.

As for dockside hangouts, I can't say for certain. I would suggest you ask those more familiar with waterfront Huntington and Northport Village. Danfords in PJV has docks, but I am not sure how that is handled -- transient through PJV or Danfords guest?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,840 times
Quote:
I see all of your points of view, and thank you all for the much needed advice. As far as the water I feel like the water is more accessable on the south shore, as far as going to the beach or dumping the boat in the water at the local ramp. The only experience I have of boating on the north shore is towing the boat down to port jeff, waiting on line for 45 minutes to put it in and then beginning additional 45 minute trek out of the harbor at 5 mph. If ne one else has other nice spots to bring a boat on the north shore please let me know. I am partially bias as well because I grew up hangin' out at my dad's house on a canal in bluepoint with the boat in the back yard ready for a day trip to davis park on fire island or just a quick 30 minute cruise. Are there any hanh outs on the water in the north shore ie: bars or restaurants that you can drive the boat up to?
Northport is GREAT for boats! Almost everyone I know in town has a boat, there are multiple ramps to launch from. As for places to tie up, the dock at Northport Harbor is gorgeous, and you can be in town all day. Or you can head over to CT, I know there is a restauraunt you can pull your boat up to and it is mostly a seafood place. Northport is about a half an hour commute to SUNY SB, and also close to Melville. (I believe you mentioned that in an earlier post.) Northport-East Northport is also a wonderful school district. Check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island