Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 20,751 times

Advertisements

Now the gangs are fighting each other over race.The problem continues to get worse and nothing is being done about the gang problem.

Gang rivalry grows into race war - Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,616,474 times
They have been in a race war for some time now.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM

274 posts, read 321,089 times
All these "people" need to be burned and washed away.

Worthless waste of space.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:07 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,086,831 times
LA is crime ridden....latchkey kids gone gangsta. My question is...why do people have to try and act so tough in LA? It seems like there is this cockiness, egotistical attitude to show people up. This can lead to fights, gangs if you act up with the wrong person. I really wish people can be nicer in LA and care about people other than themselves. We need a sense of community here to build people up and not let the kids get so lost that they feel like there is no hope.

Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,491,821 times
As long as they shoot straight and only shoot eachother, I'll buy them ammo.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:43 PM

320 posts, read 1,734,836 times
I grew up in El Monte in the 70s It was all about race with the gangs back then, is this really news to anyone?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,192,174 times
Actually, this is kind of weird (haven't read the story) but the LA Times homocide blog did a study recently and most of the killings were NOT race related. A lot of them were kind of random -- like a black guy getting killed when he was hanging out with his Hispanic best friend and they were both running away from the bullets.

I'll have to read the story before I comment anymore, but I'd like to see what evidence they have that this is a racial thing.

I will say this: The young blacks killing other young blacks has reached a high point. Black mothers and fathers are really angry (as they should be). We all should be reaching out to help them. Something has to be done about this. Attitudes have to change to accomplish anything -- and it's not the parent's attitudes -- it's the kids. What can we do?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 AM

136 posts, read 492,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
As long as they shoot straight and only shoot eachother, I'll buy them ammo.
LOL

I mean damn, the gang violence and death in L.A. is a tragic problem, but that was funny. I do appreciate black humor...

Old 10-19-2007, 11:27 AM

194 posts, read 304,573 times
In other news, water is wet and the sky is still blue...

The racial element of SoCal gangbanging is nothing new, but it was sort of a rarity before the early 90s.

For the most part, it's stems from the "rules" of the California Prison System.

Mexican gangs (from SoCal) are aligned with the whole Aryan Nation/Brotherhood/whatever. Their supremecist/racist 'ideology' sort of rubs off on them, and they try to tweak it for themselves, into a Mexican ultra-nationalist (but still criminal) slant.
For example 'Brownpride' is a spin on the White Supremecist 'White Pride' slogan.

When these guys start getting out of prison, that's when the weirdness begins.

The Mexican Mafia has a big hand in the bulls**t, too. They provide the Mexican gangs (Surenos) with the drugs to sell, but also demand that they harrass/attack Blacks from time to time. If they refuse, no drugs for you!

Also, they may put a "green light" on them, in essence, declaring open season on them for all the other Mexican gangs (who obey the Mexican Mafia) to attack them at will.

But it needs to be said that this whole racial gang thing isn't non-stop. It's not exactly like Israel or the Middle-East.

It flares up, then cools off, like a solar flare. Some places that are particularly notorious for this kinda crap are Harbor Gateway,
Harbor City, Wilmington, and Highland Park.

Hawaiian Gardens, La Puente, and Azusa are known for this kinda stuff going on, too. Honestly, it can happen *ANYWHERE* where the Surenos make up an overwhelming majority; Boyle Heights, City Terrace, El Sereno, Lincoln Heights, El Monte, South Gate, Huntington Park, etc. There are many incidents that don't make the news.

Personally, I think *ALL* gangbangers are vermin, no matter what color they are, and that goes for the White supremecist quasi-street gang Nazi Low Riders, too. If the whole racial thing is a part of prison life, well, I guess that's just how it goes. Don't go to prison and you won't have to deal with that crap.

But when these guys start attacking and killing *RANDOM* Black people, obvious non-gang members who are simply living their lives, that's not gang-banging anymore; that's a hate crime, and they don't deserve an OUNCE of sympathy. They should be gassed to death with no exception, just like Tookie Williams (who himself committed a hate crime in killing a White guy and a Chinese family).

These Surenos scum are no different, and should be dealt with exactly the same way. There can be no double-standard.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM

413 posts, read 1,847,150 times
I'm typing this from a cornfield right now so who am I to comment.
However.... I thought the late 80's and early 90's were when the gangs were the worst in L.A. I have heard it's actually gotten better over the last 10 years. Am I dead wrong here???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles