Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 AM

106 posts, read 454,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Our mexican restaurant in Eastport closed this past winter (yes, you read that right!)--turns out paying taxes is NOT optional.....not sure what they're doing with that restaurant but we're really missing it!
That is one thing the state is sorely lacking from is good Mexican restaurants. Most of them appear to think that if you cover everything with cheese and sauce its a Mexican dish....a certain restaurant in Belfast adheres to that recipe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 AM

106 posts, read 454,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckmen View Post
Hey, that's right! Them stuffed sea gulls will get you busted every time. BTW, who WAS that over-zealous unspector? ;-)
Here's a nod to the Cappy's incident...
Attached Thumbnails
Owning a restaurant in Maine-times11_2_06.jpg  

Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 AM

160 posts, read 370,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sysco and pfg (formerly northcenter) and u.s. foods are the primary ,,suppliers of restaurants in maine..
there are many ,,suppliers for equipment,,, general carriage, out of windham, caprara, out of winthrop and there is a hobart office in portland, with techs
flaggs in bangor area,,
im sure there are many others,,these are just a few ive worked with or heard about.
if you are looking for used equipment,,,,,you can search online,,id recommend looking at "uncle henry's" thats the largest buy/swap/sell magazine in maine,,it has a search on its site,,so if you are looking for an oven, mixer, or fryolator,,,you could do a search,,,right on the same site.
thanks for the valuable info! We will check out all of them. My wife may know of those places since she has all of the restaurant experience as well as the brains, looks, ... hmmm... I guess I am just a figure head.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:50 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,959 times
Your A lucky man!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Your A lucky man!
Yes I am!!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 02:09 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,219 times
The Mexican restaurant in Eastport has been sold and the new owner is remodeling it as his hobby. All the tables, chairs, equipment and decorations were sold at auction last October. Word around here is that he's becoming discouraged with how his remodling is going and may be wanting to sell. He has also put in a woodburning fireplace, I'm told but the restaurant has never opened since it was closed in July, 2006.

Old 08-11-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
The Mexican restaurant in Eastport has been sold and the new owner is remodeling it as his hobby. All the tables, chairs, equipment and decorations were sold at auction last October. Word around here is that he's becoming discouraged with how his remodling is going and may be wanting to sell. He has also put in a woodburning fireplace, I'm told but the restaurant has never opened since it was closed in July, 2006.
Good info and lead. Thanks!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:00 AM

43 posts, read 89,558 times
bringing back a dead thread. that mexican Restaurant re-opened and doing a fantastic business. reviews are great! It's now called the Pickled Herring!

Lynn and Russ....did you finally find your business? funny thing is I have a sister and brother-in-law.....Lynn and Russ same names lol

Old 09-07-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezlivn View Post
bringing back a dead thread. that mexican Restaurant re-opened and doing a fantastic business. reviews are great! It's now called the Pickled Herring!

Lynn and Russ....did you finally find your business? funny thing is I have a sister and brother-in-law.....Lynn and Russ same names lol
We just moved to Pittsfield and are beginning to look around for the right place.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:19 PM

124 posts, read 279,990 times
My dh says a full sized restaurant just closed in Pittsfield. He thinks it was called Hocus Pocus. He says that there are alot of pizza/hot dog shops, but he thinks diner food would be a hit. If you open it, the guys from Cianbro will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine