Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,002,515 times

Advertisements

What am I feeling right now?
Achy (from arthritis), relaxed (from brandy), relieved (end of workday), and generally okay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 12:15 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
I feel ~ I don't know. Restless, anxious, and in limbo ~ thinking a change is in order.

My job stress is killing me so I've been getting up at 5:00 to work out with a very fun group. That, too, is taking it's toll though I've been extremely tired.

I'm a single Mom - with a son who is getting ready for his first job and a senior next year. We moved my elderly father in with us and that has greatly added to my stress level - not that I don't love him.

I have one more year with my son - so I plan to keep the same job (I think) with it's flexible hours and muddle through the best I can. After he leaves - sell the house - find my father a lovely retirement community nearby - and a new job.

Sorry for the rant. I just took an entire Klonopin and plan to take my two dogs on a very looong walk in the sun and pray for peace to my rambling mind.

I have just ready about some of the trials and tribulations that many of you are facing; and I admire your strength and courage.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:04 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,988,688 times
Good luck to you Ringo, hope the walk helped you some. I wish you the best for the future. No need to say sorry, I didnt consider your post a rant, but just telling it like it is and thats what this thread is for.

When I woke, just awhile ago, felt the depression kick me in the head, the worries hit hard, and looking at my old dog's cancer continue get worse I wonder how long I will have her, and how much I'll freak out when she is gone. Whether others understand it or not, I will freak in some way with her being gone. No, I won't roll on the floor, but I will feel a huge loss and sadness, I might smack my fist in the wall and cry. If people don't get the loss of a pet then I pity them. It makes the depression worse too and when I look at the selfish world where so many spend so much on junk they dont even need and not care at all about more important things, I feel more angry and cynical at the human race. I didn't want to even hear anything about the mega lotto winners, but reading some other news saw something about one buying a NASCAR team..well just about what I figured the winner would do...lol. Being alone sucks too, sure the dog hugs help, I gotta a Beagle hogging my chair leaning her head on me, but having someone else to talk to and working as a team always helped my motivation and ability to function and that was even if I was the one doing most of the rowing, so to speak. So just another day of it ya know. I wish you all the best for today and tomorrow. So thats my feelings in a not so small nut shell. Thanks for reading this far.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:35 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
I feel tired from the holidays because I cooked Easter dinner, other than that I feel pretty good. Lost 1.8 lbs this week on WW. Loosing weight makes me feel better mentally and physically.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,820 times
Anxious

I have a new colleague at work whom I don't particularly care for, and we also have a new boss who seems determined to drastically transform all our processes, despite the fact that he's only been with us for 3 weeks -- not long enough to even LEARN our current processes. (And as to that, our group was audited last year and the auditor found no flaws in our process. It was the first time in the history of our company that an audit was performed that resulted in no significant findings. And yet this new guy wants to make his mark and completely change the way we do things.)

Old 04-09-2012, 06:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,267,127 times
Really cranky. I have a UTI.... they always set me on edge. Someone looks at me crooked I will let them have it. Can't wait for the antibiotics to kick in.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 PM

7,369 posts, read 5,484,723 times
Sad.
I think I have lost my best friend (since we were in 6th grade). Her mother died the week before Xmas and she is so grief stricken she has gone into a dark place. She will not answer the phone, text's, FB messages. I sent her a card for Easter and she didn't even acknowledge that. And none of this is like her at all. She is either extremely depressed and doesn't want to talk to me or, and I'm getting paranoid here, she's mad at me for some reason.
Thanks for letting me vent. And I admire the courage some of you have in your situations.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM

399 posts, read 581,848 times
Drained. I feel like I'm being drained and it tends to happen when I'm around incompatible things or people...

Old 04-10-2012, 04:50 PM

7,369 posts, read 5,484,723 times
Relieved!
My friend I was worried about who hadn't called me in two months finally called me and we talked for several hours. She is very depressed but I was glad she called me and I think she felt better after we talked.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Relieved!
My friend I was worried about who hadn't called me in two months finally called me and we talked for several hours. She is very depressed but I was glad she called me and I think she felt better after we talked.
That's great news. Depression can really put you in a bad place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health