Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leovigildo View Post
Vpcats

I know people that went to Baldor. I remember their hideous Algebra Book my father had... He always tried to instill me some math using that book to no avail.
Baldor is now the Spanish School. Expensive place.
As to St. George, I don't know. I know where Reston is, but not St. George.

I don't know the address but it was an American school (bilingual maybe?) so when I came to the states, they put me a year ahead because I already knew English. LOLLL glad they thought so. It did only take me a couple of months though to not notice any difference.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM

578 posts, read 1,776,832 times
For a lot of people seeing bars on windows is a sign of a high crime neighborhood. Like it or not a good deal of people over 45 who are from this country remember a time when you left your keys in the car and slept with your windows open and never locked your door even when you were not home.

Seeing something like this is so out of the norm for a lot of us. We had a hard time adjusting to the fact that you have to lock your doors and keep your windows closed but bars that is where people draw the line. Bars are a symbol of a prison. What if you have a fire how do you get out and the rescuers get in?

Having gates and fenses up that are decorative or even decorative bars may take the edge off but straight up and down bars are not only tacky and dangerous but in a lot of peoples minds it detracts from the value of the home and the neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I think sometimes it is just a matter of liking a change, I prefer the houses in Hialeigh to the houses back in Michigan, I personally think it looks interesting there.

I guess living in Miami for so many years made me sick of all that awful orange. It wasn't always that way but it seems each year more and more of that ugly, imo, style took over. One of the homes I lived in in Cutler Ridge that was destroyed during Andrew was rebuilt Mediterraian style and not only stood out like a sore thumb but made the house go from cute and charming to ugly and typical. The neighbors who remained were not at all pleased understandibly but then they had lived there for decades and were not prepared for the onslaught of new people moving into the area and making all those awful changes. I just wish that certain areas could be designated spanish looking free.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:35 AM

47 posts, read 118,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Yeah, I heard they have rude neighbors there and somebody bumped their cart into somebody at the grocery store.

Oh, I'm sure!

That looks like Raleigh...
No, not really. I just googled some new home communities by M/I Homes in Raleigh. There's quite a difference. And I just copy and pasted house pics from one website (mihomes.com), I didnt go around picking and choosing. Here they are...

Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon'Fishing View Post
No, not really.
lol, keep on foolin' yourself brotha

Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
I did not look at all the pics posted by the OP. But to me those pics are typical Florida, all over the State. One block or one house can be beautifully well kept and nice. Next door or one block over, disaster! I do not understand why people trash their homes and neighborhoods. Why not keep things nice and clean? It does not cost anything to keep things clean.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM

1,257 posts, read 3,433,515 times
I prefer the houses in Hialeigh...

_________

Burger, where's is Hialeigh?
The name sounds familiar..

Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 AM

^^^ what do you think of these Kathleen71?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
lol, keep on foolin' yourself brotha
LOL, did you see the pics, brotha? Quite a difference, but keep talking yourself into thinking the way you do! LOL. If you are comparing sprawl in Raleigh to that of South FL, you really are kidding yourself. LOL.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I did not look at all the pics posted by the OP. But to me those pics are typical Florida, all over the State. One block or one house can be beautifully well kept and nice. Next door or one block over, disaster! I do not understand why people trash their homes and neighborhoods. Why not keep things nice and clean? It does not cost anything to keep things clean.

Yup, my point exactly Blondie! You see one new home community in FL, you've seen em' all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami