Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,217,238 times

Advertisements

No I've never heard that, that would be something. I'll remember that in case I'm ever up north during brutal weather, could happen. We do go to Lake Superior and stay on the lake sometimes during the winter. I wonder if the saps popping like that hurts the tree. I have two really large pines in my yard right by my window.

Yes, it will be nice to get back above zero. I hate it when the snow feels like styrofoam below zero, it sends shivers up my spine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:12 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,601,386 times
Nasty out there today, stopped snowing now but wonder about tomorrow. We got nearly a foot or so with visibilty down to almost quarter mile. This morning at 5am was dead calm, mild, and then wind picked up around 10 am. Started snowing big flakes around noon or so, with the wind conditions worsened rapidly throughout the day into the evening, leaving streets hard to pass in some neighborhoods, with gusts making for near whiteout conditions on and off.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Nasty out there today, stopped snowing now but wonder about tomorrow. We got nearly a foot or so with visibilty down to almost quarter mile. This morning at 5am was dead calm, mild, and then wind picked up around 10 am. Started snowing big flakes around noon or so, with the wind conditions worsened rapidly throughout the day into the evening, leaving streets hard to pass in some neighborhoods, with gusts making for near whiteout conditions on and off.
We got an inch of sloppy slush and maybe an inch of snow. Mostly melted already. Was hoping for a good blizzard, but no such luck. Take care and enjoy your day off. Lots of schools and roads closed in the north country.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,601,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
We got an inch of sloppy slush and maybe an inch of snow. Mostly melted already. Was hoping for a good blizzard, but no such luck. Take care and enjoy your day off. Lots of schools and roads closed in the north country.
Not looking forward to shoveling the wet heavy snow though bet plow trucks are busy all night.

Last edited by demtion35; 02-10-2013 at 08:11 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Fargo area shutdown for the night as most know. UND hockey stuck in South Dakota. Snow totals I have seen from west central and NW Minnesota area all about 15-22 inches in the Breckenridge-Detroit Lakes to Park Rapids-Bemidji areas.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,308,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
Not looking forward to shoveling the wet heavy snow though bet plow trucks are busy all night.
Our plows were through around 3:00 yesterday afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
Fargo area shutdown for the night as most know. UND hockey stuck in South Dakota. Snow totals I have seen from west central and NW Minnesota area all about 15-22 inches in the Breckenridge-Detroit Lakes to Park Rapids-Bemidji areas.

You got a real storm up there. When you see schools like Bemidji State and NDSU closing or starting late, you know it's bad.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:53 AM

Location: In that state that's next to that other state which is below that other state next to the water
155 posts, read 417,510 times
Greeting Minnesotans, how is everyone today? I've been reading this thread from beginning to end over the past few days and it has been very interesting reading as the temperatures change and patterns from season to season as well as year to year. I've wanted to move to Minnesota for fifteen years but now I'm not so sure how I'd handle the extreme weather and/or being far from my family. I still love Minnesota though and it is my favourite place to visit, even though I've only been there once. Twice if you count passing through on way to SD but I don't really count that. I think that Minnesota is a beautiful place with wonderful people! I love the snow and cold weather to a point but I know that I have my limits and I've also noticed that Minnesota gets extreme severely hot Summers as well, including hot Summer weather in March and October sometimes. Are there occasional hot days in February and November too? I thought I remembered reading that a while ago in this thread. I hope that everyone in Minnesota is doing well!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:30 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Insane storm we had this weekend. I had five foot snow drifts the entire length of my driveway, it took me 2 hours to dig out. Face full of snow with each scoop full. Was soaked with sweat from head to toe once completed. All in all I think we got a foot of snow.

I am the only one that showed up for work today. Everyone else is either snowed in or working from home.

Sebeka Schools actually closed. Doesn't happen much.

I love winter in Minnesota.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,477,557 times
We've reached the "normal" amount of snow for the period starting Dec. 1. Of course, that is for the Twin Cities. No idea what the rest of the state has got. Probably more than around here.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,660,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Insane storm we had this weekend. I had five foot snow drifts the entire length of my driveway, it took me 2 hours to dig out. Face full of snow with each scoop full. Was soaked with sweat from head to toe once completed. All in all I think we got a foot of snow.

I am the only one that showed up for work today. Everyone else is either snowed in or working from home.

Sebeka Schools actually closed. Doesn't happen much.

I love winter in Minnesota.
Yuck, I'm glad we did'nt get that much - 8 inches here. I am really glad that the sun is finally out and melting the snow and ice off the streets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota