Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times

Advertisements

Too funneee, jammer! I just LOVE those icons you use all the time! Wanna tell us where you get/got them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 03:14 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Default Cool, Clear H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I know what I'll be doing the next coupla days!

I wanna know also, where do yas gets those cute smilies. And please, don't tell me that you already gave us that info do not need another SC about now

Love yer posts

Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
The KC metro was terribly hot today. The temperatures were in the mid 90s but the heat index was around 105F because of the humidity The winds do not really help you cool off either. St. Louis is under an excessive heat warning but their are not heat advisories or excessive heat warnings in effect for the KC metro.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 PM

Just walked in the door to my air conditioned office/family room or the room that nobody is just what it is Sat outdoors w/my dear hubby and for the first time in ages, joined him in a COLD one. We watched the birds enjoy the cool water being cast upwards from the sprinkler on to the White Pine. They are amusing to watch. We sat in our chairs and every so often a breeze would come across our 1 1/2 acres of our homeland allowing a brief reprieve from the sweltering heat. The Cold ones went down much faster than I would have thought possible Talked about adding on to the house with a '4 season' room and the cost and the time it would take. Realized it could not be done before fall, so that idea will be put in my bag of dreams.

I haven't resorted to spray painting the lawn green as of yet. Will just keep using the sprinkler to enjoy the added benefits of keeping my feathered critters alive and well. And here my hubby complained about the severe cold and ice that we endured this past winter and spring.

Hope that this hot, hazy, and humid weather is not causing any discomfort to any one of you, esp. those that recently arrived here in our Angel-winged touched State

Now to check pictures again

Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
The KC metro was terribly hot today. The temperatures were in the mid 90s but the heat index was around 105F because of the humidity The winds do not really help you cool off either. St. Louis is under an excessive heat warning but their are not heat advisories or excessive heat warnings in effect for the KC metro.
Thanks for the update, Plains10! This is the season that most of us feared...but this year hasn't seemed anywhere near as bad as last year! I'm also comforted to know that it's temporary. 'Course, I'm fortunate enough to be inside most of the time in my AC home!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Smile What a nice picture you "paint" with your words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Just walked in the door to my air conditioned office/family room or the room that nobody is just what it is Sat outdoors w/my dear hubby and for the first time in ages, joined him in a COLD one. We watched the birds enjoy the cool water being cast upwards from the sprinkler on to the White Pine. They are amusing to watch. We sat in our chairs and every so often a breeze would come across our 1 1/2 acres of our homeland allowing a brief reprieve from the sweltering heat. The Cold ones went down much faster than I would have thought possible Talked about adding on to the house with a '4 season' room and the cost and the time it would take. Realized it could not be done before fall, so that idea will be put in my bag of dreams.

I haven't resorted to spray painting the lawn green as of yet. Will just keep using the sprinkler to enjoy the added benefits of keeping my feathered critters alive and well. And here my hubby complained about the severe cold and ice that we endured this past winter and spring.

Hope that this hot, hazy, and humid weather is not causing any discomfort to any one of you, esp. those that recently arrived here in our Angel-winged touched State

Now to check pictures again
Hey, Voyager! I'm still laughing at that idea of resorting to spray painting the yard green! We've also had trouble figuring out what to call some of our rooms. It's important, too, 'cause it's hard to have a conversation about them without knowing what to call them! We have a unique and interesting situation with our home in that it's up at the top and back side of the property. Our "front" entrance door is on the backside and the only other door is on a deck off our master bedroom (which faces the front of the property) so we've struggled to know whether we should call it a front or back door. Also, the yard above the house is technically a back yard but since our entrance is on the back, it is kind of like our front yard. Ya catch my drift? Pretty strange! Eventually, we plan to add a deck all along the front of the house and a front door, too...so whatever we call things now will change. Sheesh! Of course, that deck is still in our bag o' dreams for now, too!

I told my husband about watering the birds and look forward to seeing if we get the same response as you've gotten from the birds. With all our feeders and birdbaths, we always have a lot of birds around so chances are good that we'll get to see some bird dancing, too!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
Too funneee, jammer! I just LOVE those icons you use all the time! Wanna tell us where you get/got them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
I wanna know also, where do yas gets those cute smilies. And please, don't tell me that you already gave us that info do not need another SC about now

Love yer posts
Sorry kids!! I'd really love to but......

Old 08-05-2007, 09:28 PM

Mrs.G: Yes our home was built to be a temporary place of existence until we could build our 'dream' home on another lot here at our lake subdivision. But the long string of supposedly developers never had our dream in their plans. So, after 35 years we still be here Changed our garage into this extra room. It began life as a 'family room'. Every one needs one of those, right?

As time went on, we changed occupations and the use of this room. It morphed into an Office/fam.rm. Then it became 'the room where anything that you didn't know where to put or just what it was' room.

Our sons deposited their 'stuff', as well as I think sometimes hiding things from us, knowing that with all of the drawers, doors,, etc. we would never find things.

Cleaning out these drawers and doors to hidden places, I have come across some rather interesting items. Why in the world did I have three pancake turners and other utensils in a plastic shoe box stuck behind drawing paper and note books? Sorry to ramble, but this whole day has been different. Must be that 'Cold' one that I had earlier

As soon as I have decided that this 'room' no longer needs my attention, I will get back to more important duties. Such as reading all of your and others super posts and interesting reading. But I do have my spray can(s) ready. Whoops, just checked and they are blue paint. Darn the bad luck..

Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 PM

Default no fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
Sorry kids!! I'd really love to but......
You don't play fair WE would hep u ifn yas needed it, wouldn't we?

And, my pics cannot be sent to CDF. Won't paste to this forum. I tried. I am just going to give up, until one of my ever lovin sons come this way again and assists me in this strange endeavor. So there

Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM

HA! Ohhhh, you are in soooo much trouble, jammer!!!

(NO, L J, I'm not gonna sic God on him!) Hahaha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri