Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 AM

543 posts, read 2,310,535 times

Advertisements

Yes, KC is under the excessive heat warning until Friday evening. We have tickets to the Royals/Twins game tomorrow night and not sure if we want to sit in the heat.Watered the garden tonight, the kids will finally get a break from mowing. We do have a pool to cool off in. DH has no AC at work, he came home tonight and jumped in the pool. Everyone stay in the AC and out of the sun!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 04:31 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Default Heat

It is August in MO....why should the weather be any different than any other August in MO? August is always the hottest month, and February is always the coldest month.

You'd think anyone living in this area would have figured that out by now.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Unhappy Tell 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
It is August in MO....why should the weather be any different than any other August in MO? August is always the hottest month, and February is always the coldest month.

Katie...welcome to the discussion...and I know you probably don't mean to sound snippy, but it taxes my memory to recall successive weeks of
"excessive heat warnings" and warnings to the elderly and very young...even in August, which I think we'll all agree is the WORST!

Old 08-07-2007, 05:37 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
The heat looks to be quite intense in the St. Louis metro. I checked the temperature reports and most urban areas have not cooled much below 80F for a low temperature the past few days! That is not good especially with fairly high humidity.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default Weather, we gots weather

Quote:

Ahhh, but you see, we have figured this out already. We Missourians just like to compare notes and spread our misery (Mis o ree) around.

We be hoping that the Gods of weather will look down upon us and give us a break ifn we bring this to their attention. Seems like they just keep throwing this H H H weather our way every durn year. So we be trying to change that anyway we can.

Now, having said all of that nonsense, yes, we know of the weather conditions here, heck the weather channels keep reminding us of this every darn day. As if 'they' didn't know that this is what to expect here in 'Angel wing touched land' Sorry SC just had to hi-jack your phrase. I love it.

So, just smile and we get back into our AC homes and offices for a break

Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM

543 posts, read 2,310,535 times
We went to the Royals game tonight and left during the 7th inning, was just too darned hot, no breeze whatsoever. What were we thinking? Grandson and his buddy enjoyed it though.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,634,833 times
Quote:

WOW check this out!

Quote:
It does make one wonder why people like to bash areas so much. I'm new to the forums and have seen this occur for many areas, not just Albuquerque and NM. I guess some just like to be negative, or are hoping to stir up tension.
So what is it?? You tryin' to be negative.... or stir up some sheeeeet in the MO forum? Bring it kid...cuz if'n ya wanna play ruff 'round here ya best bring yer 'A' game Kiddin' of course!! Come play kindly in our fine forum and you too may find a lil bit O happiness in yer life

Last edited by da jammer; 08-07-2007 at 11:01 PM..

Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default did just that

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
WOW check this out!

So what is it?? You tryin' to be negative.... or stir up some sheeeeet in the MO forum? Bring it kid...cuz if'n ya wanna play ruff 'round here ya best bring yer 'A' game Kiddin' of course!! Come play kindly in our fine forum and you too may find a lil bit O happiness in yer life
Guess we be thinking along the same lines here.. I wanted to reply after checking 'things' out, but held back.. Thanks for doing it for us.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:07 AM

104 posts, read 688,255 times
Default NOT Negative or Bashing Anyone

Um, is someone on the forum needing to bash someone? Looks like those who are are targeting Katie feel the need. She did not bash anyone nor was she negative...she had a big smile icon next to her last sentence.

I did not take offense at her comments about the weather, she was right on target. Those are the hottest and coldest months in this area.

Not a good way to welcome anyone to the forums is it? Maybe its the heat that is making tempers rise (along with the thermometer)...

Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,212 times
Quote:

Actually, Katie, anyone living in any area knows this but that doesn't mean that we like it any better. I hated the heat in CA and knew it would be worse here with the humidity but I had no idea how much worse it would be. My understanding is that it is hot pretty much everywhere...according to the weather forecasters, it's even hot in the northern states even though it is said to not get as hot. For me, though, any hot is a hot I don't like. The problem with those northern states for me is that they also have colder winters...well...COLD WINTERS...VERY COLD WINTERS and for a very long time! So, I say, "Thanks but no thanks!"

Anyway, the purpose of this thread was written to alert people on the day that the first heat warning had been given. That gave opportunity for us to all commiserate together in our shared misery. I doubt you meant any harm and your statement was true about August and February but it did come across a little "snippy" because of the last thing you said: "You'd think anyone living in this area would have figured that out by now." Even if you wind up telling us that you didn't mean it that way, that statement was a put down whether it was followed by a or not.

If you've hung around this post very long, you've seen that we work hard to keep things friendly around here and some of us (myself included! ) are bolder to speak up than others when we perceive potential problems. Our purpose is to protect our little forum and all of its members...including you, if you stick around and join us in our nice, little forum world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whowants2know View Post

Not a good way to welcome anyone to the forums is it? Maybe its the heat that is making tempers rise (along with the thermometer)...
To WHO this may concern...

I know I just explained to Katie why her comment was seen as "snippy" in the words of L J. I made a similar response as L J once when someone else made a similar type comment with a smile at the end. She wrote back to say that she didn't mean it that way and I apologized, as I said I would if I was wrong. She wasn't scared off and is a big part of our little family today. Let's hope Katie is another nice person who will stick around and contribute much to this forum.

I appreciate you being brave enough to speak up when you perceived something wrong just as we have when we did. It isn't easy to do any time much less when you already know you're in disagreement with someone. It's hard say things when you're upset without being hurtful... and I must say that accusing others of "bashing" the new kid is coming on pretty strong. I hope others will respond without anger and we can all move forward from here unscathed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri