Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Will it End?
Nunes - KO or TKO Win 15 45.45%
Rousey - Submission Win 14 42.42%
Fight Goes Full Rounds, Ends with Descision 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:18 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,882 times

Advertisements

Different comments in the videos weighing in on the fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN9AufcwmyM
(EPIC) ANDRE BERTO REACTS TO RONDA ROUSEY'S KO LOSS TO NUNES; BREAKS DOWN MENTAL "NIGHTMARE"

I appreciate his comments about the mental aspect. When I saw Ronda's reaction to the first hard hit I also thought she broke down mentally and became overly fearful with no confidence.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5lbsAK1sM
Greatest Woman Boxer Ever Is No Fan Of Ronda Rousey ! - esnews boxing

Not sure I regard the Coal Miners Daughter as the greatest female boxer ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDVnw6wEb0
FREDDIE ROACH ANALYZES RONDA ROUSEY'S BOXING SKILLS AND LOSS; RECALLS WORKING MITTS WITH HER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 09:04 PM

I've never heard of Anne Wolfe but since the Coal Miners Daughter spoke of her I has to google her up. She is beast. Man, and from photos of her in her boxing prime she was built beast mode. Tough woman.

She speaks boldly and with supreme confidence in this video too. But then a lot of ethnic Black-American girls and women from the hood that fight on the streets talk with her same level of brazen confidence.

She must be a good boxing coach too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6EPJ8nWBr4
Boxing Trainer Ann Wolfe On Ronda Rousey - ESNEWS BOXING

I view Ronda Rousey boxing skills, or performance in this fight and her last fight before this with Holly, as at an armature level. A lack luster amateur level, not even a highly polished amaturer level. I don't mean that to discredit her as a fighter as a whole. She evidently has strong grappling and Judo skills. Her boxing ability, pure boxing that is, is a weak point for her. But every fighter on earth has some weakness. Just life.

So, my views of her boxing skills are more along the lines of this dude, than they are boxing coach Freddie Roach. Although, unlike this boxing coach in the video I do think Ronda has some boxing skill sets, just at a very amateurish level. Freddie Roach either is trying to be charitable, diplomatic, or trying to sell her on a losing case (that he could in quick time turn her into a polished pro boxer) like a money grabbing lawyer that takes your money on a case he knows you will lose but he tells you it's a sure win.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5mERniVW54
BOXING TRAINER WATCHES RONDA ROUSEY'S KO LOSS TO NUNES FOR FIRST TIME AND IS SHOCKED SHE CAN'T BOX

Old 01-01-2017, 09:27 PM

Even the toughest fighters--male or female--can be sensitive. Both Ronda Rousey and Chris Cyborg have has their emotional vulnerabilities. (Ronda contemplated suicide after her first lost, and teared up on the Ellen Show too).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zztIhwp1rWs
Cris Cyborg cries over Ronda Rousey's past insults (FULL INTERVIEW)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_001QwpQ0aM

He speaks more to her sensitivity though. The title just tries to "kick something up."

Old 01-01-2017, 09:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
You can't win a boxing fight leading with your face.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:36 AM

Rousey is a poor excuse for a human being. Good to see her career is over.

Doubt if a loser with mediocre looks has much future in Hollywood either.

September 2015:

Quote:
"Boxing is different in that you stand different, you hold your body different, you're only using your hands, not your legs," Ali says. "You rely heavily on head movement. Not all fighters do, but you're going to get hit in the head a lot more. There's a lot of fighters that don't move their head, so she doesn't have to. But I know I've seen her get hit when she's in the ring with people who actually throw punches and I'm thinking, 'Oh, gosh, she has to move her head.'"

Even watching Rousey's 34-second knockout of Bethe Correja on Aug. 1, Ali says from a trainer's perspective, she would not trust Ronda in the ring.

"In her last fight, she had a bloody nose," Ali says. "The fight ended in 34 seconds. I'd be pissed. If that was me and I walked away with a bloody nose, I'd think I didn't do something right. When you say she wants to be a boxer, I would recommend she works on head movement."

Last edited by whogo; 01-02-2017 at 11:00 AM..

Old 01-02-2017, 12:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Rousey is a poor excuse for a human being. Good to see her career is over.

Doubt if a loser with mediocre looks has much future in Hollywood either.

September 2015:
What makes her a poor excuse for a human? Because she lost? Because she was arrogant in front of the camera? Because you don't find her attractive?

If by those measures then I'm not sure 3/4+ of all athletes are poor excuses for human beings.

https://armbarnation.com/2015/11/charity-11/

Old 01-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
What makes her a poor excuse for a human? Because she lost? Because she was arrogant in front of the camera? Because you don't find her attractive?

If by those measures then I'm not sure 3/4+ of all athletes are poor excuses for human beings.

https://armbarnation.com/2015/11/charity-11/

She is a sorry excuse for a human being. A poor loser and winner.

She still in line to fight Mayweather?

Old 01-02-2017, 02:27 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She is a sorry excuse for a human being. A poor loser and winner.

She still in line to fight Mayweather?
Most ridiculous post ever.

So she's a sorry excuse for a human because you don't like how she wins/loses? Spoken like someone who's never done anything in their life.

Speaking of mayweather, he's far FAR worse than she is.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:

So she's a sorry excuse for a human because you don't like how she wins/loses? Spoken like someone who's never done anything in their life.

She is a despicable person. That is easy to see.

Is she gonna be a boxing champ anytime soon?

Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Quote:

Mayweather has never made claims on going to mma and beating the top athletes. Ronda felt she could beat Mayweather and Layla Ali in boxing. He also has a perfect record 49-0. And he owns his own boxing career which is what a lot of MMA stars are trying to do with their super-fights, big money fights. (Mayweather promotions) His personality is his gimmick to make people hate or like him. (look at Conor McGregor) How many people tune to his fights to watch him win or lose? In the end, he laughs to the bank. You can dislike the man's personality but he is a top level defensive boxer who has taken very little damage in his career.

Imagine cashing a check like the below.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)