Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 11:01 AM

8,088 posts, read 15,163,899 times

Advertisements

I tellya, DLP, you've got an amazing eye for composition. That's an absolutely wonderful photo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:24 AM

34 posts, read 88,772 times
Season's greetings to all and wishes for a happy, healthy, New Year.

Thanks for all the help afforded us "newbies" in the Missoula forum.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 PM

225 posts, read 304,197 times
WOW DLP.. you had it hard also. I truly hope all is better for you in the coming new year.
EH... I'm so glad I'm not a chicken!! ROFLMAO
question.. do they just stop laying when it gets cold or are they about laid out? OH and EH... how do you eat so many peppers and not explode!!!!!????

I wish I could take great photos like DLP.
All I have is a Nikon coolpix 7600. 7.1 mega pixel, 3x zoom ED lens
I love taking pictures but have never been able to afford a camera. This is the first camera I have ever owned and hubby got me that for my birthday in 2011.
I want to upgrade but I know I am not a professional and dont want to spend tons on a camera that has stuff I dont understand but I do want to be able to zoom in and get nice clear shots of wildlife.
DLP.. can you recommend a good camera for someone like me? Less than 300 dollars. (I plan on trying to save up for it.). or if I win lottery...

Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
WOW DLP.. you had it hard also. I truly hope all is better for you in the coming new year.
EH... I'm so glad I'm not a chicken!! ROFLMAO
question.. do they just stop laying when it gets cold or are they about laid out? OH and EH... how do you eat so many peppers and not explode!!!!!???? .
Chickens, actually all birds, molt. They shed a few feathers and stop laying or lay part time. When they take a notion to do so. I have seen chickens molt for 3 months in the summer, I have seen them molt in the winter. Very cold temps will get them to laying part time, but won't put them into a hard molt. Some chickens don't molt at all or if they do, it only lasts a week or two.

But, due to temps, these hens are part timers. If the weather picks up a bit, they'll start laying again. Early last week we were getting 8 eggs a day.

Peppers make me explode? Well, according to my kids, I periodically do, a liitle.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,610 times
Well when is home-bound for a while they sometimes watch a bit of TV. Oh my God some of the new shows are whacked out.
Amish Mafia ! Whats up with that ! Then there are the swamp logging guys, those gold mining shows etc.
The one that we seem to get a laugh out of us is the one with the duck call makers.
Those guys are a riot.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Well when is home-bound for a while they sometimes watch a bit of TV. Oh my God some of the new shows are whacked out.
Amish Mafia ! Whats up with that ! Then there are the swamp logging guys, those gold mining shows etc.
The one that we seem to get a laugh out of us is the one with the duck call makers.
Those guys are a riot.
Duck Dynasty. Better than Face the Nation or any news program. I watch TV for entertainment, not to catch up on who shot who. hahaha I love it.

Chicken update - it worked. Remember I got one egg this morning? Got 5 more this evening. Some of those gals can't just pop out an egg on demand, so I'll allow it this time. However, I left the fry pan hanging in the coupe where they see it every time they come and go. Now we'll see how they do tonight. For a reward I through them a scoop of scratch.

I am surprised about one thing though. These chickens are free to roam around, and they do. But we have a heat lamp in the coupe and like this morning where it was below zero, you'd think they'd all be in the coupe. Nope, only one in there and the rest were out wandering around. Free Range eggs are the only eggs worth eating.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Ever watch 'Bacon Nation'? Oh my God are those dished awesome!!

Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Yeah! That bacon reuben lookd really tasty

The sausage bacon log and the bacon wrapped hot dog might be a bit much though

Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
I made bacon wrapped beef dogs one night and they were killer!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM

225 posts, read 304,197 times
I made california sushi rolls tonight for our new years eve dinner.. going to have black eyed peas, corn bread, collard greens and pork steak and iced tea for our New years feast.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana