Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 05:57 PM

160 posts, read 301,508 times

Advertisements

Good rant Elk. Can’t disagree with any of it.

When we were kids, second place was the first loser. Political Correctness is a cancer. Sometimes a person has to call BS.

Another thing, some of the most worthless doublespeak I have heard more than once. “It’s not what you say, it’s how it’s perceived”. What a pile of horse$hxt that is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,173,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminszhere View Post

When we were kids, second place was the first loser. Political Correctness is a cancer. Sometimes a person has to call BS.
Reminds me of this'un... there were two people in the race. I came in second. The other guy came in next to last!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,948,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminszhere View Post
Another thing, some of the most worthless doublespeak I have heard more than once. “It’s not what you say, it’s how it’s perceived”. What a pile of horse$hxt that is.

I'm not so sure of that last part because what is said is not always what is perceived and what is perceived is what people react to.
I don't care for too much political correctness but I practice it to a tolerable degree especially when speaking in public. ~♥~

Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 PM

I try not to practice being PC in public any more than I have to, and then only to avoid being lynched. Accepting that we should be muzzled by someone else's opinion is completely counter to the Founders' perceptions of liberty and free speech.

As someone put it, you don't have the right to never be offended by someone else's free speech.

Or another way of putting it... "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Old 05-02-2013, 11:29 AM

451 posts, read 1,000,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

Actually, getting real tired of reported posts and every one of them is because of Political Correctness, not because there is actually a TOS violation.
Pretty much why I stopped posting on the C-D forums, Elk. Felt I was keeping you too busy editing my non-pc-ness and that was when I wasn't even trying to be non-pc! There's plenty of other places where I can still speak my opinion (via 1st Amendment Rights), so those are where I hang out.

I still check in here, especially the porch on Montana's forum page, and enjoy many of the posts. But I don't post here very often anymore, as you know. No hard feelings - just discretion....

FWIW

mg

Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 AM

A slightly nonstandard triple trailer hookup:

http://i.imgur.com/o9TYdIX.jpg

Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Hilarious Japanese game show, in the spirit of Whose Line is it Anyway:

(ENG SUB) Gaki No Tsukai Wall of Boxes - YouTube

Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,082,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
A slightly nonstandard triple trailer hookup:

http://i.imgur.com/o9TYdIX.jpg
Well, some states say that if you are going to pull multiple trailers, they can't all be on ball hitches, one of them has to be a fifth wheel pin. I don't think it specify's which one and I don't think it specify's that the towing vehicle has to actually be on the ground while towing.

He's good.

Just don't follow him close.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Well folks... me and the dogs are stuck between houses and where I'm stuck at is falling apart. Anyone got a barnyard they'd rent me? Anywhere in more-or-less south-central MT will do. It can be real rough.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,948,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well folks... me and the dogs are stuck between houses and where I'm stuck at is falling apart. Anyone got a barnyard they'd rent me? Anywhere in more-or-less south-central MT will do. It can be real rough.
We would try and help ya if we were down in those parts but we know nobody in that area.
We know folks here that would most likely just let ya use space for free.
Do you need the space for dog training or do ya plan on raising stock.
A barnyard with a barn seems like it would be good for both.

Speaking of barnyards and barns, check out this old gem. Someone just bought it and it is rumored that they are going to tear it down just to sell the barn wood.
I took these photos today. It's just down the road a piece from our town.

The outside view ~♥~

The inside view ~♥~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana