Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 03:58 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Elkhunter, is that Ford a diesel?
Yeah, it is, and certainly not what you'd think either.

3208 Catepilar Diesel
Borge Warner T19 Transmission, Fully synchronized 4 speed
Borge Warner Transfer Case
Dana 70's front and back, locked posi track front and back, NOT limited slip
11 leafs and 3 shocks on each front corner to hold that diesel off the pavement
It is a F250, however it's rated at 10,000 GVW.

I ordered that truck with everything but the lift kit, in 1984. It took Ford in St Louis 10 months to build it. But when I ordered it, the national speed limit was 55 mph, so I geared it really low and then the day I got it home, I put 35 inch tall tires on it. That brought me up to being geared properly at 55-65. If I keep it held down at 65, I can get 21 and 22 mpg on the highway. If I run it up to 75, my milage goes down hill quick. Plenty of power. Last time I pulled out of Texas to come up here, I had a gooseneck trailer on behind. 37 ft 5th wheel that I lived in, but I converted it to gooseneck. Lived in it for 9 years. But I pulled it up here and little hills like what's between Buffalo and Sheridan, never even got me out of 4th gear. When I got to Sheridan, I took it to the feed store, dropped the dolly's and drove out from under it. I wanted a trailer weight, no truck. It had taken a bit to come out of Cheyenne and then again coming out of Casper. When I weighed the trailer, I found out I was pulling 27,500 lbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Yeah, it is, and certainly not what you'd think either.
Don't believe a word of it. It's an 18-wheeler that got washed in hot water one too many times.

Old 08-28-2012, 05:50 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,934 times
BWahahaha! Good one, Reziac...

Elkhunter, neat rig. I want one. Always said that Ford should work a deal with Cat for a motor and Chevy for the cab, maybe Allison for the transmission, and nobody else would be able to sell a diesel pickup! You got close with that rig, I like it.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Here's the first three Jalapena's out of my "one pot" garden.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,628 times
Quote:

Got to admit... those look pretty good!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,159 times
Wink Stuff em !

Quote:
I know what I would do with those dads. I'd cut off the stem end and slip a slug of jack cheese in there. I would then batter and fry the little guys and smother them with heated chunky salsa. They get a sprinkling of mixed grated cheeses and a pinch of oregano entero and served up with mexican rice and spicy black beans on the side. Garnish with a sprig of celantro and eat while being entertained by scantily clad dancing gals.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:40 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
I know what I would do with those dads. I'd cut off the stem end and slip a slug of jack cheese in there. I would then batter and fry the little guys and smother them with heated chunky salsa. They get a sprinkling of mixed grated cheeses and a pinch of oregano entero and served up with mexican rice and spicy black beans on the side. Garnish with a sprig of celantro and eat while being entertained by scantily clad dancing gals.
...................Hey..............you must know 'ole Elk Hunter pretty well................That sounds just like what he does every time he gets to town--------------'specially the part about those "scantily clad Dancing Girls". You should see him "trollin' for Chicks up & down Main Street" in Sheridan on his 4-Wheeler.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
...................Hey..............you must know 'ole Elk Hunter pretty well................That sounds just like what he does every time he gets to town--------------'specially the part about those "scantily clad Dancing Girls". You should see him "trollin' for Chicks up & down Main Street" in Sheridan on his 4-Wheeler.
THAT explains all the peeping sounds!!

Waitaminnut, that didn't come out right.

I have a computer named Dancing Girl.. there's a story behind this. On Another Forum[tm] we had this running gag about how this feller in Canada was gonna smuggle me down his daughters as dancing girls. Well, we never found a big enough carpet to wrap 'em in... one day I was complaining about not having a CPU for this "new" (salvaged) motherboard, and he says he's got one, he'll ship it off when he finds a wrapper for it. Oh, so THAT is how you're gonna smuggle me those dancing girls, finally!! So the computer got named Dancing Girl.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
That does sound good, but it's too late. I already ate all 3 just sliced up and on salads. 1 pepper, 1 salad. haha

But there will be more!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM

ElkHunter -- your hair is on fire!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana