Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times

Advertisements

DID it make the money it needed to green light the other projects from Warner Bros??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 11:15 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Why do we need a Superman "reboot"?
Its a brand that WB has had for a very long time. Superman & Batman are their cashcow, but I wish they would push the others.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
DID it make the money it needed to green light the other projects from Warner Bros??
Speculation is "yes" it has.

The movie topped $500 million this past weekend and there is talk of rushing the sequel into production for release next year (!) with a "Justice League" movie to follow.

We'll see...

BoxOffice® — GLOBAL: 'Man of Steel' Reaches the Half-Billion Mark; 'WWZ' Breaks $250M; 'Despicable Me 2' Off to $50M StartBoxOffice® — News

Man of Steel sequel in 2014? Justice League in 2015? | Filmonic

Old 07-05-2013, 03:55 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qarqar View Post
"I imagine that we will get introduced to Lex Luthor in the next movie even if he isn't a villain right off - there was an awful lot of "Luthor Corp." stuff flying around."

My opinion in that what Luthor is a interesting person. Firstly: he has many different technical things (authors may create all that lets fantasy), secondly: he lives on the Earth and will guards it (him technical power help him make it), he is an enemy of SuperMan, but is not an enemy of the planet and because they can create a sharp story. Some part of this story was already in other creations. SuperMan is a perfect hero and Luthor is a the other hero, but either protect the Earth.
I don't want it to be Luthor either, but if they do it in an intelligent way (not even close to the way they did it in Superman Returns), I would be for it. Your idea above is a good way to spin it.

If they could pull that off, you leave Doomsday and Darkseid for 3 or possibly 4. Personally, I want to see Darkseid, not Doomsday.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 PM

667 posts, read 1,744,802 times
I enjoyed this Superman. Considering it's a story we've all heard a million times over it still kept me involved. I wasn't so crazy about Amy Adams in the Lois Lane role. Not sure if it was just her (the actress) or just her part in the story that I didn't like.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Man of Steel was awful. There are some many wrongs in this movie. No fortress of solitude, no kryptonite (maybe an introduction in the 2nd movie), no secret identity (Clark kent/Kalel-superman) Chris Reeves had an excellent Clark Kent persona. A person would never believe that the Clark Kent that Chris Reeves played was superman. Lois Lane already knows his secret identity. Hell, a Kansas police officer knows that Clark Kent is Superman. (fail). The only thing that was good about this movie was the flashback of young Clark and the musical score that accompanied them. The action scenes went on far too long. The movie had potential but it didn't last long.

Gal Gadot as wonder woman; ben affleck as batman..double fail.. they should have gotten younger actors.

Old 12-14-2013, 10:02 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,146,969 times
Amy Adams and Diane Lane? Are you kidding me? lol Of course I saw it.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:29 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S.
Let me guess. He's going to have an all-CGI cape in 3D.
Its garbage...... I have no intention of seeing this filth.......

Superman died with Christopher Reeve

Old 12-15-2013, 09:56 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times
I rented this on BluRay the other day. it SUCKED. I ejected it halfway thru and watched Hancock.
EVERY Superman movie sucks, including the ones with Christopher Reeve - especially the first one.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:17 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
OH my... You dont like superman do ya?? (I mean at all)

I love the first and 2nd movies (Chris reeve) but nothing else....... (George reeve was OK but chris was the best)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies