Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
You sure Garth wasn't watching Guardians 2?!
My expectations for GotG2 were much, much lower than WW. GotG was never intended to be anything more than a big, dumb, fun popcorn flick. Mission accomplished. WW needs to be more. She is THE iconic female super hero. Her movie must be Epic and Heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
My expectations for GotG2 were much, much lower than WW. GotG was never intended to be anything more than a big, dumb, fun popcorn flick. Mission accomplished.
I was referring to "too much CGI in the finale" and "lackluster musical score," both of which immediately sprang to mind concerning GOTG2. And subpar characterization, bad dialogue, bad jokes, predictable, etc. It didn't come close to matching the first movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
WW needs to be more. She is THE iconic female super hero. Her movie must be Epic and Heroic.
Judging by early tweets and incoming reviews: mission accomplished. Expect them to talk up the sequel very soon.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:11 PM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#21799e3f5717

Quote:
Wonder Woman joins the ranks of the truly greatest superhero origin films, alongside (in no particular order) Superman: The Movie, Iron Man, Batman Begins, and Doctor Strange. It is outrageously bold and confident, insanely fun and thrilling, powerfully dramatic and delightfully amusing, all rolled into one epic superhero outing. It sports some of the greatest action scenes and visuals of any superhero movie to date, many of which have been saved from the marketing in order to serve as delicious surprises when you finally see the movie. The cast are magnificent, especially Gal Gadot's lead turn as the world's first female superhero. And director Patty Jenkins has instantly proven herself one of the genre's finest filmmakers.
Quote:
This is the Wonder Woman movie we've been waiting for. No, it's beyond what we hoped for, bridging the various portrayals of the character over the years and even the differing histories and origins presented in the comics. There's an emotional depth and relevance here that extends beyond merely the world of this hero and her supporting characters, speaking so forcefully to our real need for hope and faith and a light to guide us through the darkness that too often falls across our world.
Quote:
Wonder Woman is an electrifying, breathtaking cinematic achievement sure to win the hearts and minds of audiences around the world. Amazing performances, pulse-pounding action, and outstanding visuals make it one of the best superhero movies of all time. You'll love it, and you'll walk out wondering how soon you can go back to watch it again.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:59 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times
97%, y'all!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeee! *happy dance*

I'm taking my girls this Friday.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:38 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
I went online to purchase tickets at my nearby Studio Movie Grill for the Friday 7:00 pm show. I was thinking I might already be too late, but I was surprised that only ten seats had been purchased.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:52 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,316,140 times
I'm going late Saturday night with my movie crew. We usually go to the movies on Sunday, but I didn't want to wait. Only "problem" is that a couple of my friends are Muslim and it's Ramadan, so they can't eat or drink until almost 9PM So we're going to try to catch a late flick so that they can partake of the whole movie experience with soda and popcorn. We're all super-excited about the movie! Glad to hear it's getting good reviews. The trailers have certainly been fab.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:02 AM

Tomorrow night.

Some theaters are showing it tonight. NYC, I'm pretty sure. Lucky punks.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Think I'm seeing it Saturday due to my mother wanting to see it.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:18 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Tomorrow night.

Some theaters are showing it tonight. NYC, I'm pretty sure. Lucky punks.
Tomorrow night.

"Waiting for Gadot."

Somebody had to say that.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"Waiting for Gadot."

Somebody had to say that.
Print up the shirts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies