Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:38 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 01:00 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Im a huge DC fan, but im a little tired of Batman. Thank Goodness for the Injustice fighting game and the CW tv shows. Let the world know there is more to DC than Batman. This is Time Warners own fault for this. All these characters and the focus keeps falling on Batman. Jeez DC cmon.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:33 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,988,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Does becoming an Iron Man and a Green Arrow count?

Old 02-09-2017, 09:55 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Im a huge DC fan, but im a little tired of Batman. Thank Goodness for the Injustice fighting game and the CW tv shows. Let the world know there is more to DC than Batman. This is Time Warners own fault for this. All these characters and the focus keeps falling on Batman. Jeez DC cmon.

Batman will always be bigger then anyone else in the DC universe IMO. Just about every villain/hero as had a run in with Batman at some point in time.

BTW, I'm telling Batman you said that.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Disney is following suit by sticking Iron Man in nearly everything. Look at that Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:08 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Disney is following suit by sticking Iron Man in nearly everything. Look at that Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer.
Yup. Even as someone who grew up with "Make mind MARVEL!" stamped on my brain, even I am getting tired of this. I love R. Downey Jr. No doubt the perfect Tony Stark. But come on. He doesn't have to be in everything. If any Marvel hero deserves to be his own thing, it's Spider-Man.

That said, I still think WB has fundamentally erred by rushing a Justice League movie. They should have established the solo members first. Superman (which the fumbled), Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, even Martian Manhunter ... all should have had a movie or two of their own before joining up.

And they need to get rid of Zack Snyder.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:53 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Ben Affleck's Batman Movie May Be Starting Over From Scatch

Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That said, I still think WB has fundamentally erred by rushing a Justice League movie. They should have established the solo members first. Superman (which the fumbled), Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, even Martian Manhunter ... all should have had a movie or two of their own before joining up.
I think they should have done Justice League right out of the gate, for sh*ts and giggles, and just to be different, like 180 DEGREES different. Then roll out Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Corps and, finally, The Batman.

But I'd also do the MCU differently, too. We got a Thor movie before Black Panther, and the big screen version of Doctor Strange is really watered down and doesn't come across as a "supreme" anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
And they need to get rid of Zack Snyder.
The current situation with The Batman suggests you're directing the blame at the wrong guy.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Debunked. Check the date and time.

Quote:
The Batman’ script is ready, and Warner Bros. and Ben Affleck are “very happy” with it

A report from Forbes spread around the internet the last couple of days, which said that The Batman script would receive a major rewrite, or even be started over from scratch. Now we’re hearing a different side to that story…

I reached out to Justin Kroll, the Variety reporter who broke the news about Ben Affleck not directing The Batman. He told me that a new script for The Batman was turned in this month (presumably the one that Chris Terrio rewrote), and that everyone at Warner Bros., including President and Chief Content Officer Toby Emmerich and Ben Affleck are “very happy” with it!

https://twitter.com/BatmanNewsCom/st...42130944286720

Specifics on The Batman are still up in the air. It doesn’t have a release date, and it may not start shooting this summer as previously planned. They still need a director as well. But we finally have a script that Ben Affleck is happy with. That was something that he constantly talked about in interviews over the last few months. Hopefully with that in place, more good news starts rolling in soon.
'The Batman' script is ready, and Warner Bros. and Ben Affleck are "very happy" with it - Batman News

Old 02-09-2017, 08:12 PM

P.S. Mark, stop posting "articles" from that site. Do you work for them or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies