Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 09:56 AM

16 posts, read 95,595 times

Advertisements

Funny...I see there's a Gold's Gym in Brentwood/Franklin but their official website does not have a location in the area.

Well for a gym, I always use the Precor EFX...an elliptical without the handlebars. If any gym, like YMCA or Gold's Gym has that machine, I'd be signing up for a membership in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 10:57 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,580 times
Yep! I go to the Cool Springs Y and we just got new ones! Well, I think they're EFX. Call and make sure- 615 661-4200. Ask for Katie or Jordan.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Nice, so how much is a monthly membership to YMCA...including the initiation, other fees, etc.

Random note: I read an article that California is the speed ticket capital. Tennessee...it had no data on how many speeding tickets were given out.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,233,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlv723 View Post
Nice, so how much is a monthly membership to YMCA...including the initiation, other fees, etc.

Random note: I read an article that California is the speed ticket capital. Tennessee...it had no data on how many speeding tickets were given out.
There are a few places in Tennessee that are "speed traps" but you won't have too much of a problem here if you keep it no more than 10 MPH over the limit.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 PM

I wish Nashville would get an NBA team...so that I do not have to drive all the way to Memphis to see my LA Lakers (bragging right, yes I know =P)

I'll check the Y out when I get there....hope it's not too expensive

Old 01-07-2008, 06:45 PM

625 posts, read 4,574,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlv723 View Post
Nashville was ranked one of the Top 5 speed trap cities by a speed trap website online...I will say I have seen more speed traps here than in any of the six other cities of similar size that I've lived in, so I agree with their ranking.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 3,109 times
Default relocatin from los angeles to nashville, TN

I am a single 40 yr african american professinal women relocating from Los Angeles to Nashville.. I would like everyones opinion good or bad. aia would like to be in a urban and diverse area. I have a 14 yr old daughter. I am starting to date again after a bad relationship. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO BE NEAR THE night life sceen but in a safe area.. sorry if i offend anyone but PLEASE HELP

Old 10-26-2009, 10:22 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,375,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by la to nahville View Post
I am a single 40 yr african american professinal women relocating from Los Angeles to Nashville.. I would like everyones opinion good or bad. aia would like to be in a urban and diverse area. I have a 14 yr old daughter. I am starting to date again after a bad relationship. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO BE NEAR THE night life sceen but in a safe area.. sorry if i offend anyone but PLEASE HELP
Are you renting or buying, and what price range are you in? Also if your daughter will be attending public school you may want to avoid certain areas of Metro, because of the schools. Being African American does not matter in a city like Nashville. My daughter graduated from John Overton HS, and the school was so deverse it was like the united nations.

Diane G

Old 10-27-2009, 09:56 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,515,257 times
I'd say that you'll find lots of diverse options in the Church Street/West End corridor, but be careful as to which schools apply to those zones. There is a new apartment complex rising at 17th and Church. Plus, there are lots of options around The Village. Hume-Fogg is a reputable magnet school... and Hillsboro is also a very good school. I don't know about the Pear-Cohn school, but there has been a lot of good publicity in recent years. If you go to E. Nashville and the Edgefield area, you'll be in some questionable zones... but it's a great area for folks without children. You might find that East High School is of good quality.

You may also find that the Belmont University (realy close to the Village) has good options ... out toward Lipscomb University and Franklin Pike/Eighth Ave. Be sure to check out the Glendale area (I think that is zoned for Overton... if not, Glencliff).

Good luck on your move. Nashville is a really friendly, welcoming city with a great "vibe".

Old 10-28-2009, 12:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,109 times
Default from LA TO NASHVILLE

Thank you sooo much for taking the time to reply and give my daughter & myself positive direction......... Were so excited..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville