Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times

Advertisements

Our town had a pop. of 3000, County pop of 26,000 and when the illegals moved in it was incredible how fast the changes occurred. Schools that were not that good to begin with were suddenly swamped with children who not only didn't understand English, but had never learned to read or write even in their own language. The clincs and hospital were full of folks who 'had no money' yet expected, even demanded, the 'free' health care. Locals couldn't get appointments or had to wait for hours in the ER. Drastic and sudden rise in diseases like tuberculosis, hepatitis, and meningitis in the schools and workplaces; high levels of contagion. Now of course you always know that there are locals who have had their licenses pulled who are driving illegally, but when the illegals came, suddenly there were wrecks and more wrecks where the offending car was unoccupied and were later found to be driven by illegals with no licenses and no insurance, leaving their injured victims to pay the bills - and even to die. I KNOW this to be true as DH was a paramedic for 27 years, and the change was visible. The gangs, gangsign, and graffiti and damage to public AND private property literally doubled in five years. Violence in both homes and in the streets increased dramatically. We used to have a crackhouse at the corner of one street; everyone knew the guys in it and we could walk past it and wave without being harassed or molested. When there was a fire across the street from it, the guys in there came out and carried hose and helped me carry in a cooler of gatorade for the firefighters! Forget that kind of easy familiarity now - you can't walk alone down any street without being harassed or robbed at gunpoint. And the filth that they leave behind when they moved out - one property owner had to have a house fumigated TWICE for the cockroaches that were in it; that was after he had to replace all of the plumbing fixtures, carpet, wiring, and appliances like the heater and A/C that left with the illegals. If you don't think it is a problem... just wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 AM

94 posts, read 337,008 times
Quote:
one property owner had to have a house fumigated TWICE for the cockroaches that were in it;
Lexington had to burn down a motel on East Hwy 30, because of the cockroaches were so bad.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:01 AM

79 posts, read 205,511 times
Granny, we can warn them but until their own neighborhood has turned to crap, they won't believe it. I warned Norfolk in their newspaper's letters to editor about the coming ruination. That letter was written to the editor, but not published. I got a reprimand from their editor calling me racist. That letter was sent and the reply returned, 3 weeks before the bank robbery attempt and the 5 murders. That is the culture they bring with them. It's spilling over the southern borders like wildfire and our government has no desire to stop it.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
I knew a fella who blithely insisted that the illegals were not costing anyone anything; that everyone who said anything against them was racist. He worked for a newspaper and refused to see or print anything including reports of crimes if they were committed by illegals. The situation became so bad in some neighborhoods that they started a letter writing and phone campaign to get the newspaper to at least REPORT what was going on.

Can you tell an arab from a hispanic? Heck, I can't even tell a jewish person from an arab! (Sorry folks but it is that whole black hair, dark eyes, aquliine nose, thing.) So we really don't know how many terrorists are coming across the border, pretending to be SA hispanics. We don't know what sort of dangers we have coming across the border, along with those who are 'just looking for a job to raise their families'. SA is full of crime, death squads, guerrillas, and despots - and how do we know that every single person coming across the border is actually fleeing them, and NOT coming here to start their own little wars - or to continue them? We don't, period.

My hubby's dad was Blackfoot/Cherokee. Not a cross - he was born on the reservation, didn't have a drop of white blood in him, but came off the reservation, joined the Marines, and married an Irish girl. So it irritates me a little when people say I'm racist. Had DH been a violent wife or child abuser, or a thief or vandal or rapist or other criminal, I would not be with him and would despise him no matter what his bloodline. The crime is the problem, and if people are criminals they should be prosecuted, not excused because 'they don't know any better' or 'they can't help themselves' or even 'we can't prosecute illegals'. This country's habit of finding excuses for every criminal and his act only makes the criminal realize that there are no punishments for his actions and he can do whatever he pleases, to whomever he pleases, on any excuse some simpering fool will create for him. Be that excuse his race, his peers, his environment, whatever - it is still nothing more than an excuse for him to commit more and more heinous crimes. Putting blinders on and pretending, that a massive influx of people who flout, ignore, and insult the laws of this country will not destroy it, will not solve the problem. All civilizations that collapse are destroyed from within.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
I spent 19 years working in a packing plant (I started out--1963-- loading trucks lugging beef quareters on my shoulder 10-12 hours a day)--------age 17,one week out of high school in Minnesota.

It was an honorable job because it had excellent union wages, excellent union benefits that were the envy of many.

Around the 1980, I saw this was coming to an end.

Our boss couldn't compete with packing plants who were locating in small towns in Nebraska, Colorado, and the Dakota's.

The plants moved to rural areas so they could find cheaper labor. However, the disadvantage of a small town is the labor pool is also small and low wages aren't going to attract people to re-locate there for those jobs.

My hunch is the packing plant owners who located there knew full well they soon would be depending on illegals to do the job.

Our packing plant processed 800 head per day and the one down the street 1,000 head per day.

Both places are paved parking lots now.

Both plants never employed illegals as the wages and benefits were high enough to compensate for the hard work that industry demanded.

" the jobs Americans won't do "---------is a myth

Lowering the wages and benefits to only attract illegals is the way to perpetuate that myth.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:20 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,007 times
We've been hammered with the propaganda that it is
the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting
us. The following 14 reasons are forwarded and should be read
over and over until they are read so many times that the reader gets
sick of reading them. The URL's for most statements are given for
verification of the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to
Illegal aliens each year.
http:

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food
Assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free
School lunches for illegal aliens.
Center for Immigration Studies

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid
For illegal aliens.
Center for Immigration Studies

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and
Secondary school education for children here illegally
And they cannot speak a word of English!
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html (broken link)

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education
For the American-born children of illegal aliens,
Known as anchor babies.
CNN.com - Transcripts

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate
Illegal aliens.

CNN.com - Transcripts

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are
Illegal aliens.
CNN.com - Transcripts

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal
Aliens for Welfare & social services by the American
Taxpayers.
http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html (broken link)

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American
Wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

CNN.com - Transcripts

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a
Crime rate that's two and a half times that of white
Non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are
Going to make a huge additional crime problem in the
US

CNN.com - Transcripts

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION
Illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also,
As many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist
Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth,
Heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the
Southern border. Homeland Security Report:
http://tinyurl.com/t9sht (broken link) < http://tinyurl.com/t9sht>

12. The National Policy Institute "estimated that the
Total cost of mass deportation would be between $206
And $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and
$46 billion annually over a five year period."

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...eportation.pdf <http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf>

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in
Remittances back to their countries of origin.
Wooldridge - How Much Further Into This Nightmare?

14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One
Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In
The United States ". http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml (broken link)

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A
YEAR.

Are we THAT stupid???

Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
very interesting, Sandhills Guru

I have come to the conclusion that employing that illegal packing plant worker in Nebraska isn't as low as people thought.

The difference between my former boss and the packing plant owner of today, is my boss absorbed my cost through wages and benefits.

The packing plant owners of today passes the cost of employing illegals onto everyone else to pay.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephthys View Post
Illegal immigrants = more crime? PLEASE! They want to work unlike half this country and they do a better job at it then some of us for minimum wage or less. Let's not forget who was here first.
I'm astounded how elitist some people are. Apparently citizenship confers corruption, entitlement, and inefficiency. Do you remember that the free market--that some love so much--also applies to the job market. If the R's didn't need the immigrants to demagogue, they would bash these nativists with anti-business featherbedding and entitlement mentality.

It's un-American (and UNPATRIOTIC) that a vision of noble class called citizens is perpetuating in this egalitarian republic. The obsession with birthplaces belongs in monarchical Britain NOT in democratic America. In the America I remember there was no bureaucracy that regulated the pursuit of happiness. Now you can't get your foot in the door without going through the bureaucracy of the USCIS--that's not limited government, that's the antithesis of it! We have been surveilled on our telephones and gathered intelligence from expired passports. How much more surveillance do we need to be subjected to from our government?

Immigration wasn't an issue in '04 but in '06 when the R's knew the Democratic revolution started undoing their "Contract with America" and this year their party is in danger of collapsing. Gee I wonder why?

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 AM

331 posts, read 1,384,590 times
I definitely agree with the last couple of posts. I live in Red Oak, Iowa. A town of about 6300 people. While the Hispanic population is rather small, most are employed here either at the plant that makes corn flour, or the local greenhouse. I used to work at the corn flour plant for a few months, and the Mexicans that work in there are mostly legals, and great people. Conversely, i have illegals living in the Apartments across the alley from my house. The one family is OK, although i tried to get their kids to stop throwing things at my dog when we had her tied outside. She is an Austrailian Shephard, and she loves kids. Although not THOSE kids (wonder why) anyway, we put up a fence in our backyard. Primarily so we could just let our dog out the back door, have food, water, and playtoys out there for her, and she's happy. Secondary we put it up so them kids wouldn'[t be able to taunt/ tease her. I definitely agree that employers are hiring illegals 1) to keep wages low, and 2) because Mexicans will work hard for little to no pay.

A great example i can think of from a news story i saw earlier in the year was some man that had been working in a restaraunt as a dishwasher for 11 years, and had saved nearly every penny, to the tune of $30,000 had plans to go back to Mexico, and buy siome land to tend with it. Unfortunately when he got to the airport, and customs searched his belongings, he was unaware he had to have special paperwork to have all of that money on him. He was suspected of being a drug runner, and customs took almost all of that money. Well, he went back where he was to start all over. A man like him i have no problem with, because he had a plan, it was just that it failed because he didn't have all the details in order. The ones i have a problem with are the ones who come here with their wives, and have children here in the US so they are allowed to stay here because their child is effectively an American citizen. Then they take the free benefits, and everything that was previously mentioned. If someone comes here the right way, legally, i am all for it.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
I'm astounded how elitist some people are. Apparently citizenship confers corruption, entitlement, and inefficiency. Do you remember that the free market--that some love so much--also applies to the job market. If the R's didn't need the immigrants to demagogue, they would bash these nativists with anti-business featherbedding and entitlement mentality.

It's un-American (and UNPATRIOTIC) that a vision of noble class called citizens is perpetuating in this egalitarian republic. The obsession with birthplaces belongs in monarchical Britain NOT in democratic America. In the America I remember there was no bureaucracy that regulated the pursuit of happiness. Now you can't get your foot in the door without going through the bureaucracy of the USCIS--that's not limited government, that's the antithesis of it! We have been surveilled on our telephones and gathered intelligence from expired passports. How much more surveillance do we need to be subjected to from our government?

Immigration wasn't an issue in '04 but in '06 when the R's knew the Democratic revolution started undoing their "Contract with America" and this year their party is in danger of collapsing. Gee I wonder why?
In the America I remember I didn't have to lock my doors or take the keys out of the ignition at night. In the America I remember migrant workers came here, worked the season and went home.

The America we have now Illegal Immigrants sneak here with no intention of ever leaving or learning a language to communicate. They now know how to get their hands on every TAX PAYER based Social Service available. That is stealing! I bet if your credit was trashed from having your SS# ganked from you you'd sing a different tune.

We have enough people in the US and if we don't regulate it we shall quickly resemble the Nations we dissuade ourselves from.

I am quite ok with my Country not declining to third World status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska