Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 07:12 PM

200 posts, read 374,762 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what floor laundry is on in crossing?? How are people liking it??

Old 06-12-2015, 11:21 AM

136 posts, read 217,601 times
Default Crossings

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Anyone know what floor laundry is on in crossing?? How are people liking it??
Not too many people moved into Crossings building to know the amenities and its details. Most of the people on this forum are still waiting to be called in and sign the lease.. The discussions are slowing down since people have nothing to say but just wait and see what it will be. No updates are posted for Hunter Point South Commons yet either, except for the bees buzz for the rooftop farm.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:10 PM

16 posts, read 27,363 times
I guess everyone received the same letter of Waiting List.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:57 PM

12 posts, read 20,991 times
I'm gonna confirm that I have a similar situation as bk_nurse. I am also a municipal agent in middle income with log # in 6000s. Documents were requested by my agent in early May. Forwarded over and I asked for an update a few weeks later. They are waiting for more rooms to be released before calling more people in for interviews.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:09 PM

5 posts, read 6,091 times
Program Guidelines for Affordable Housing:

Credit history and Debt-to-Income Ratio
Applicants shall have:
* No bankruptcies and/or other legal items incl. foreclosure, repossession, wage garnishment order, judgments liens within past 3 yrs.
* A minimum credit score of 630 (including 630)
* A maximum debt-to-income ratio of 42% (including 42%)
* No collections or charge-offs or more than 2 late payments within past 12 months.

Debt-to-income ratio is defined as the percentage of annual household income that goes toward household monthly debt commitment including rent that would be charged on the affordable units and recurring debts (revolving account, installments, etc.) including car loans, student loans, credit card minimum payments, etc.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:54 AM

457 posts, read 737,351 times
Beachfoot, thank you for the information. I never got to inquire what the credit requirements were during my interview.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:38 PM

10 posts, read 16,222 times
I was recently given an exclusive tour of Commons and I must say that personally, I found the apts very small. That's why you will not see the exact room dimensions on the HPS website. The area surrounding the buildings are very nice and right by the East River but Commons itself felt more like a hotel development rather than a apt complex. I was able to see Crossings from the outside as well but did not actually see any of those apts. Take my opinion for what its worth....

Old 06-15-2015, 03:20 PM

170 posts, read 315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS Non-applicant View Post
I was recently given an exclusive tour of Commons and I must say that personally, I found the apts very small. That's why you will not see the exact room dimensions on the HPS website. The area surrounding the buildings are very nice and right by the East River but Commons itself felt more like a hotel development rather than a apt complex. I was able to see Crossings from the outside as well but did not actually see any of those apts. Take my opinion for what its worth....
FWIW, the floor plans on the HPS website do have dimensions listed. Properties | Hunter's Point South Living - BRAND NEW - Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments

The floor plan I was assigned is pretty similar, in terms of square footage, to the 1-bedroom shown on the website, though the layout is somewhat different.

I agree that the apartments are on the small side, but they seem to be well laid out and to have ample storage space. I expect the large windows will also help them feel bigger than they actually are.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:48 AM

136 posts, read 217,601 times
Default Apartments

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
FWIW, the floor plans on the HPS website do have dimensions listed. Properties | Hunter's Point South Living - BRAND NEW - Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Moderately Priced Rent Stabilized Apartments

The floor plan I was assigned is pretty similar, in terms of square footage, to the 1-bedroom shown on the website, though the layout is somewhat different.

I agree that the apartments are on the small side, but they seem to be well laid out and to have ample storage space. I expect the large windows will also help them feel bigger than they actually are.
The windows will not make the space in the apartment bigger, but just will give an impression that the apt is spacious, which in my opinion wouldn't help much once all the furniture is set up. I guess the project managers do that to maximize on the allocated space and built as many apartments per floor.

There is always a catch to "affordable housing", but I guess it would of been overlooked if it wouldn't be for the dragging of the construction project, and all the rest of paperwork

Old 06-16-2015, 08:07 AM

170 posts, read 315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
The windows will not make the space in the apartment bigger, but just will give an impression that the apt is spacious, which in my opinion wouldn't help much once all the furniture is set up.
I'm not saying the windows will literally make the apartment bigger; just that they will make it feel less cramped, which I consider to be an important factor in choosing a space. I've been in bigger apartments that haven't really felt that big because they have poor lighting or a bad layout. Personally, I'm willing to go in for a smaller apartment if it's attractive and has a usable layout, and to get furniture that's appropriately scaled for the rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
There is always a catch to "affordable housing", but I guess it would of been overlooked if it wouldn't be for the dragging of the construction project, and all the rest of paperwork
So... you're saying that people wouldn't have even thought about the square footage of the apartments, were it not for all the paperwork, and the construction timeline? Makes no sense. The construction timeline also doesn't seem to be that far off from what was promised, so I don't really get why you keep complaining about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery