Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 03:19 PM

357 posts, read 656,437 times

Advertisements

Got a call back from my leasing rep today and I was offered an apartment!!!

She gave me a choice of an apartment in crossings or two apartments in commons. I chose a 1 bed in commons with a move in date late august.

Im really excited but a little worried about the move-in date. I have a few things planned mid september and would really like to move in then since I have two weeks vacation and the first 4 days I will be doing nothing. Perfect time to move in.

This is all happening so darn fast...lol..I literally went from hearing NOTHING to being offered and apartment and told I have to take it in 8 weeks.

Any advice?

Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
To anyone who signed a lease in Crossing on a high floor - get in touch with your leasing agent and ask if your floor plan is available to view on a completed floor (with the exception of floor plans on 30th floor and above because they are completely different layouts and not ready to be seen anywhere else in the building).

I was finally able to see my unit's layout on a lower floor and it was incredible! I know some people were curious about the finishes in Crossing, so I am including photos of the bathroom floor, kitchen floor and cabinets; those are the only differences I noticed between what I saw in Commons. In the kitchen floor photo, the refrigerator does not actually stick out like that. They were still doing work so it wasn't pushed back.

Hope this is helpful to some of the anxious Crossing people!

Attachment 152972

Attachment 152973

Attachment 152975
Beautiful! This looks identical to the model unit I saw in commons. When are you moving in?

Old 07-02-2015, 03:27 PM

76 posts, read 127,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Beautiful! This looks identical to the model unit I saw in commons. When are you moving in?
I move into a two bedroom in Crossing in mid-September. The process does go insanely fast when it happens, but don't let that scare you. We are incredibly fortunate for the opportunity to live in either of these buildings. Congrats on getting your apartment!!

Old 07-02-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
I move into a two bedroom in Crossing in mid-September. The process does go insanely fast when it happens, but don't let that scare you. We are incredibly fortunate for the opportunity to live in either of these buildings. Congrats on getting your apartment!!
Yes...You are so right. I feel insanely lucky to be picked out of 90k. Thanks so much for your comfort.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:41 PM

457 posts, read 736,802 times
Congrats to all.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:19 PM

8 posts, read 14,397 times
Quote:

She gave me a choice of an apartment in crossings or two apartments in commons. I chose a 1 bed in commons with a move in date late august.

Im really excited but a little worried about the move-in date. I have a few things planned mid september and would really like to move in then since I have two weeks vacation and the first 4 days I will be doing nothing. Perfect time to move in.

This is all happening so darn fast...lol..I literally went from hearing NOTHING to being offered and apartment and told I have to take it in 8 weeks.

Any advice?
Congratulations delighted for you, hoping we will be neighbors! Another friend of mine got a call today she got a two bedroom in Commons with move in late September, am now willing my phone to ring

Old 07-02-2015, 05:51 PM

46 posts, read 65,011 times
Passed by today and got to peek into the lobby at commons. I'm so excited it looks beautiful!! I seriously can't wait to move in! September can't come fast enough! For the people who got offered in commons. Have any of you signed a lease?? Or what has you leasing agent said about the lease signing?

Old 07-02-2015, 06:10 PM

136 posts, read 217,427 times
Default move -in

Quote:

Any advice?
Did the leasing agent tell you when you will sign a lease for your one bedroom apartment in Commons? What floor were you offered a unit? Thanks for sharing your experience at Hunter Point. Keep us updated! Thx.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingWoodside View Post
Congratulations delighted for you, hoping we will be neighbors! Another friend of mine got a call today she got a two bedroom in Commons with move in late September, am now willing my phone to ring
Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDenisi View Post
Passed by today and got to peek into the lobby at commons. I'm so excited it looks beautiful!! I seriously can't wait to move in! September can't come fast enough! For the people who got offered in commons. Have any of you signed a lease?? Or what has you leasing agent said about the lease signing?
No lease signed yet...I wish we could swap move-in dates lol...I am not ready for August.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery