Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 12:26 PM

6 posts, read 9,262 times

Advertisements

Thank you very much For the information and congrats !!!

Old 07-01-2015, 02:59 PM

9 posts, read 18,195 times
Has anybody had to reinterview after being shown an apartment? In order to get compliance from HDC? and what that entailed.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:37 PM

76 posts, read 127,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Did anyone get a chance to see if the front lobby at Commons has been finished or at its finishing point? How is the building coming along overall?
Here's a photo of the Commons lobby from tonight. It looks finished. There's still scaffolding outside, but everything inside looks ready to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commons Lobby.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	152887

Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 PM

357 posts, read 656,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soufina View Post
Hi, I am a City worker and my log # is in the 20000s, but I really do not think this number matters in terms of who gets called first. If this is a lottery, then they are interviewing people who were randomly selected and the log number works as an identification...
I went on the interview today and asked about that. While the log # may not matter on who gets "called" first because they are currently calling municipal workers, it DOES matter on who signs a lease first. The leasing rep I met with today clearly stated that there will be more time before they call us in to finalize things and pick units but when they do, they will be starting with log numbers lower than mine.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Did anyone get a chance to see if the front lobby at Commons has been finished or at its finishing point? How is the building coming along overall?
I was there today on interview. I went through the main entrance...the lobby looks pretty complete to me. The building is coming along but according to my leasing rep they will be doing construction on the buildings 10 floors at a time.

She projected mid August move-in dates with an end of year December completion.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 PM

8 posts, read 14,401 times
Thank you bk_nurse, I was told the same thing about the log # during my interview, still have my fingers crossed but with a log# of 80,000+ I think I'm going to need a miracle. Congrats to all who have moved in, and thanks to the person who posted the floor plans!

Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingWoodside View Post
Thank you bk_nurse, I was told the same thing about the log # during my interview, still have my fingers crossed but with a log# of 80,000+ I think I'm going to need a miracle. Congrats to all who have moved in, and thanks to the person who posted the floor plans!
You are very welcome and good luck!

I have a feeling you'll be offered a unit. While you may have a high log number, after those with disabilities you are only competing with the other CB 2 people who were called. My log number is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than yours but you will be offered a unit first cuz of your preference group.

Tenant selection goes:
1st Mobility, Visual, Hearing impaired
2nd CB 2 residents
3rd Municipal workers

ex.
If John has a mobility impairment with a log # of 90,000 he will be offered a unit before Jack who is a CB resident with a log number of 80,000.

If Jane is a CB 2 resident with a log # of 75,000 she will be offered a unit before Jen who is a Municipal worker with a log # of 15,000

If Josh is a municipal worker with a log number of 9000, they will offer the apartment to Jake who is also a municipal worker with a log number of 3000.

Once they fill the allowed spots for preference groups then they will select solely based on log #'s. While the log #'s may be randomly assigned that doesnt mean they are unimportant. Unless HPS is lying and quite frankly I wouldnt put that past anyone ;-)

Old 07-02-2015, 07:05 AM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Default Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
Here's a photo of the Commons lobby from tonight. It looks finished. There's still scaffolding outside, but everything inside looks ready to go.

Attachment 152887
Thank you for sharing that photo! I feel much better now. For a while, I felt hopeless, as I thought it wouldn't be ready in time, and have a situation with the current lease. Thanks again for your support and pic!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 AM

76 posts, read 127,264 times
Default Inside Crossing

To anyone who signed a lease in Crossing on a high floor - get in touch with your leasing agent and ask if your floor plan is available to view on a completed floor (with the exception of floor plans on 30th floor and above because they are completely different layouts and not ready to be seen anywhere else in the building).

I was finally able to see my unit's layout on a lower floor and it was incredible! I know some people were curious about the finishes in Crossing, so I am including photos of the bathroom floor, kitchen floor and cabinets; those are the only differences I noticed between what I saw in Commons. In the kitchen floor photo, the refrigerator does not actually stick out like that. They were still doing work so it wasn't pushed back.

Hope this is helpful to some of the anxious Crossing people!

Name:	Crossing_Bathroom Floor.png
Views:	1741
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	152972

Name:	Crossing_Kitchen Floor.png
Views:	1020
Size:	575.0 KB
ID:	152973

Name:	Crossing_Cabinets.png
Views:	1677
Size:	491.3 KB
ID:	152975

Old 07-02-2015, 11:07 AM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Default Crossings

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
To anyone who signed a lease in Crossing on a high floor - get in touch with your leasing agent and ask if your floor plan is available to view on a completed floor (with the exception of floor plans on 30th floor and above because they are completely different layouts and not ready to be seen anywhere else in the building).

I was finally able to see my unit's layout on a lower floor and it was incredible! I know some people were curious about the finishes in Crossing, so I am including photos of the bathroom floor, kitchen floor and cabinets; those are the only differences I noticed between what I saw in Commons. In the kitchen floor photo, the refrigerator does not actually stick out like that. They were still doing work so it wasn't pushed back.

Hope this is helpful to some of the anxious Crossing people!

Attachment 152972

Attachment 152973

Attachment 152975
I find Crossings apts much nicer than Commons. I can be wrong, but it looks like a better finish. I dont know if the size of 1 bedroom are the same in both buildings, but personally I like Crossing better! Thanks for sharing pics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery