Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 PM

9 posts, read 7,852 times

Advertisements

hey bkdk, yup that's how I feel right now. I went in the office today to drop off paper and sign forms that MUST me signed in order to be sent to HPD. Nickia never had me come in just email her the documents and she stated they would be submitted from there. Um try ext 234 that's whos ive been dealing with now. or 0 and they will transfer you. Crazy part was sitting across from this lady and her telling me 2 months later its now getting submitted and I'm confused and explaining that on Tuesday 7/31 I was told that I was wait listed for the 2 bedroom and was number 3 on the waiting list. Now I'm being told that this is all for a 1 bedroom. So good luck I'm trying to stay calm because its wrong across board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 01:50 PM

27 posts, read 22,820 times
Hey @goodlyfela just spoke with someone. Yes its ext 234. Ok so initially it was a studio, bcuz of family size ive been waitlisted for a one bedroom which i also qualify for.

Those chances are one in a million bcuz there are now 3 units left to be filled! Idk if she meant 3 one bedrooms left or just 3 units in general.

So she says that unless things fall through with folks that were already sent to hpd, the chances are low. The damn process is so long, people may back out, thats the only thing my faith can be left in. Bcuz while i am staying with family, other folks need something immediately, u know?

I also inquired about being put on a generic wait list outside of this particular lottery and she took my info for that too.

Idk how valid that is gonna be bcuz nickia did that too.
Such a headache but dont wanna lose faith

Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Oh and i signed paperwork with nickia for hpd and once i got a hold of them, they never heard of me

Old 08-07-2017, 03:08 PM

9 posts, read 7,852 times
@bkdk yeah unfortunately I was living in a basement and moved in with my mom thinking this was a quick process but thank his the landlord isn't renting it out so I'll be moving right back if this go left. Right 3 units, 3 apartments or 3 buildings. But good luck. I'm trying to stay positive but lord it's hard

Old 08-10-2017, 07:26 AM

23 posts, read 28,412 times
Hi guys im currently waiting to hear back. Has anyone got into the apartment yet. I been waiting to hesr back for some time now. They stated that hpd still has my file but im confused to why it is taking so long. Its been since February of this year. I did notice when i went to see one of the apartment that they had work to do. I wonder if thats the delay. I had to submit up to date documents for 2016, i brought that in july 2017. When i first went in for the interview i submitted 2015. I jist want to know if anyone had any progresss with this management or if everyone is still waiting jist like me. This is such a headache bc they made it appear as if it was ready to move in asap and now its 5 months later. I turned down another complex with the same management bc i thought i was in with this one. Can anyone shed some light on whats happening. Thanks

Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 AM

@swerdna all a frustrating waiting game. I posted my process as detailed as i could. I guess I'm out of the running for these units.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:43 AM

23 posts, read 28,412 times
Hey guys i just wanted to update everyone as of today. The lastest infirmation that i have is that nakia is no longer with the management. Also i was able to speak to the project manager from hpd thats dealing with hopkinson project. He stated that they been having issues with this management hence why we all applied in 2013 and it is now going on 2018 and things still arent in order. So what he told me was that only two or three of the buildings had the ok from hpd to start the processing of paperwork to allow people to move in. Most of the properties dont have the tco, which is a license from a construction company thats pretty much saying it is a liveable building. So until mhany get these tcos for the buildings all of those properties which is the majority of the buildings will be on hold. Bc they have to file for it, get it approved then send it to hpd. Then hpd will start the process of the files they have already. And go from there. Whoever is still interested or still qualify at thia time will get in and those that dont, they will go to the waiting list. Marisol pichardo is now taking over for nakia ext 234. Good luck guys and plese lets keep on another posted bc this is a stressful process.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:32 AM

Hey Folks,

Got an email yesterday from Marisol that I do indeed qualify for a 1bdrm but a lower log number is in the running.
I hadnt checked in on anything since i spoke with marisol a week or so ago. I was grateful that she is still keeping me looped tho. All i can do is keep checking in to keep my name fresh in her mental database and hope that I still have a chance.

My log number hasnt changed and Ive been called in twice for 2017 so who knows

Old 08-18-2017, 08:25 PM

9 posts, read 8,396 times
Hello I actually got the same email 2 days ago from her. I am happy someone finally reached out but disappointed on how unorganized they are with these apartments.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: