Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 01:11 PM

5 posts, read 3,770 times

Advertisements

i was also told that they're waiting for the tco for the building. I didn't even know the young lady was not there anymore until I came on this site. (smh) I'm just anxious to know....so that i can know my next move. i didn't know this process would take soooooo long. and i thought the apartments were ready to move in that's why they were reaching out. i hope it works out for you @bkdk. I know its frustrating especially when you have kids. I have 2 and i haven't even told my oldest cause i don't want him to be disappointed if it doesn't go through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 02:39 PM

27 posts, read 22,820 times
The thing i cant stand is that these things dont seem to have any "shifts" when it comes to life changes. An app. went in in 2013, was nothing supposed to change with me? Or anyone else in that matter. Folks get married, divorced and have children, u know?

When i was contacted in february, i STILL had a daughter. They contacted me again in June just to tell me my family size disqualifies me from the studio they initially approved me for. All confusing.

Then when I brought it up again, it was " oh you do qualify for a one bedroom as well but your log number is pretty high". SMH. My log number didnt change!!!

Im just hoping someone gets frustrated enough in the damn one bedroom that i qualify for and it becomes up for grabs. This process is long and drawn out and some of us are not fortunate enough to have someone to stay with or a place to stay.

Whos thinking that an app with a deadline of sept, 2013 is even gonna come up now? Its very strange how this lottery works. @tima.b

Old 08-21-2017, 04:08 PM

9 posts, read 8,396 times
Very true. I'm glad I found this blog because up until now I had no clue on which way to turn. They are very unorganized and it's sad

Old 08-21-2017, 08:42 PM

It is frustrating. I was told twice since 2014 that I didn't qualify cause of my income. Family got bigger.. still didn't qualify. I even wrote the mayor's office cause I was seeing all these lotteries but didn't qualify for any because of family size or income.... then I finally do n it's a waiting game. I appealed to hpd n was finally approved. I thought the apartment was ready but now it's something else.... they both seem to b on the same page about the tco's but don't seem to tell u how long that process takes... I've been waiting for this for 8 years because the salary they claim didn't qualify me also didn't qualify me to pay 1800-2000 in rent with 2 kids... let's Just keep our fingers crossed

Old 08-28-2017, 05:35 AM

23 posts, read 28,412 times
Yes it is very frustrating to see how unorganized they are. The only thing we can do on our part is to continue to reach out to them every other week. From my understanding they had these buildings since early 2012 and hpd been dealing with them waiting to get there tco since then. If your paperwork was sent to hpd you can also call and ask to deal with the compliance department to put in a compliant. Im going to call both marisol and hpd today to see what is my status bc i havent heard anything back since i called her a few weeks back. Good luck and i will keep you posted.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:39 AM

This management is very unorganized. I went for two different interviews for a different building. The energy and professionalism of the staff is just horrible. I was sitting in my interview like this cant be real how unprofessional the workers were acting.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:56 AM

@swerdna did you go recently? I emailed marisol 2 weeks ago and she still has not responded. I drove past 2 of the properties and they are occupied. I'm really starting to get discouraged......

Old 08-29-2017, 07:04 AM

27 posts, read 22,820 times
I got my official "waitlist" letter in the mail yesterday. How convenient seeing as how after 90 days, all income documentation is "invalid". I submitted paperwork in june and here it is, just about september. LOL.

This stuff doesnt even shock me anymore

Old 09-02-2017, 02:06 PM

9 posts, read 7,852 times
I recieved a letter stating due to high volume of applications I may not get a apartment due to having a higher log number. My thing is how you call someone saying they been offered a place but yet my log number is to high. They only had 27 apartments in total. How the hell did they do about this. I'm completely over it but back to the grind n as good as this would be I might pass on these lotteries.

Wish everyone on the best

Old 09-18-2017, 08:46 AM

good morning everyone, as of today the building still dont have a tco. i called and spoke to marisol again. it doesnt seem as if its a rush either. still remaining hopeful that some thing happens by the end of the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: