Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 03:31 PM

48 posts, read 138,721 times

Advertisements

I try not to dwell on things but I need to give my final 2cents. As a first time homebuyer when you’re told one thing and it’s something else that causes concern. YES as a "co-op owner" it was made to seem as though our amenities were EXCLUSIVE so when lcouncil said she has washer/dryer in her unit it was a SHOCK. I could careless about who owns and who doesn’t I only want the best for this development and start also means having good tenants that work together to create a good living environment; especially since VV is built like its own community. I’m sad that “renters” feeling some type of way w/that because I'm sure if it were reversed you would wonder too… and you’re right the BX does get a bad rap because of stuff like this.

We are all moving into a NEW development and I am MORE than thrilled, excited and BLESSED to have been given this opportunity, but it’s sad that one comment is turning into something so NEGATIVE. No bueno because at the end of the day we will ALL be neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 03:44 PM

109 posts, read 205,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobx View Post
Hello, Everyone. I been reading the post on this forum ever since I was interviewed for the rental apartments back in late February. I decided today to comment for the first time because of lcouncil's response to the co-op's. Wow, kudos to you lcouncil, you put the nail in the coffin lol. I totally felt the same way you felt when they starting saying the comments of what us "renters" have. I feel this building is very beautiful as well and we all should be grateful to be living here, whether the renters or co-op owners. With that being said, I appreciate lcouncil for stating the facts & voicing her opinion. It made me feel like the "renters" are below the co-op owners. Like since they "own" their apartments they get to have all the good stuff. That is the reason why people living in the Bronx are always going to get a bad reputation because people feel all "renters" don't know how to take care of what they have. I hate being a statistic, so I understand you guys are not trying to OFFEND anyone, but what you say speaks volumes. That is why I just had to post a comment because I am not going to be a "statistic". I am moving from a building I have been living in for the past 4 years. I made sure I took care of it. Didn't treat it like garbage, but I felt good inside knowing that I maintained it with what I have. So I know moving to VV is going to make me make sure I do the same here, if not more because of this. In closing, let's not get into judging people when we don't know them from a hole in a wall. I rather lead by example and show them, I too, am blessed to get selected to live at VV and will take care of it as if I "own" the apartment.
It is sad to see that you have been following the thread since FEBRUARY but have not added any substance to the conversation but the moment there is something controversial you want to open an account, really?

I am going to leave this topic alone. It is going in the wrong direction and I want no part in it. I am not going to prove myself to you. I have expressed on numerous occassions my interest in developing a community at Via Verde. I am invested in what Via Verde stands for within the community, to the residents, to the future of affordable housing, architecture, etc.

Have a great weekend and if dont write again in the upcoming days, Happy Mother's Day to the many mommies on the thread.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:24 PM

18 posts, read 31,948 times
It can be sad that I posted for the first time & it was cause of a negative comment. But I never commented before because i didn't have the info like I have now because the co op owners had more info, was able to view the apartment, etc. So I did it now because I felt offended as being a renter & thought of being ghetto cause of renting. I understand it all but like I said before we all should be happy & excited about this. Let's all come together & get along lol. But in all seriousness I'm happy for everyone & hope to have good time being your neighbor.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:39 PM

140 posts, read 395,447 times
I'm too excited and elated to have drama!! I am FINALLY getting my own apartment and I made my comments to clear the air and it's done and over with..
Does anyone know what will be in the store fronts? I heard a medical center but not sure where I heard it from. Also, does anyone know the fees associated with the gym? I go to Lucille Roberts now but wouldn't mind having to walk a few steps to work out and get back home..

Any info is appreciated..

Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 PM

I just know its suppose to be a montefiore clinic, don't know about the cost of the gym. But a co worker of mine said she has a friend who lives in the new buildings they built on 163rd, where duane reade is, they have a gym & its free for residents. So maybe it might be the same? They seemed none committal about talking about the gym membership at the orientation. Did anyone feel the same?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM

15 posts, read 21,611 times
Thank you! Congrats to everyone. Let's start this on a peaceful note and happy move =)

Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 AM

95 posts, read 259,560 times
This development screams positive energies, lets not misunderstand one another. Profiling happens on all levels, the rich profile the poor, poor do the same to the rich, the well mannered profile the ghetto and vice versa. As Missladyriverbx stated, lets start this on a peaceful note. Just because the buyers made a comment about 'ghetto'ness' it doesn't mean that it was geared towards the renters...for all you know there are some wealthy ghetto people buying co-ops(not to take a shot at the buyers) its just life...how great is it that a community is blossoming in the center of the south bronx.

Ps. Basic online forum rules state that you have no voice in a thread where you lurk 25 pages into a conversation led by enthusiast of a topic for months. Then create a name just to speak on something so nonsensical. Speak about your experience as a renter or buyer, how is the apartment...we are excited for you. Don't be a troll and welcome all lurkers to the forums.

Also, I did some digging cause I love architecture, Via Verde is quite similar to this apartment building built in the 1990's in Germany called Waldspirale. Here are some images of it. Enjoy all.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:58 AM

Did anybody have a cabinet in their bathroom? I was looking at the pictures I took & realized that there was no cabinet.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM

109 posts, read 205,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobx View Post
Did anybody have a cabinet in their bathroom? I was looking at the pictures I took & realized that there was no cabinet.
A cabinet under the sink or a medicine cabinet? Pictures that I have do have them with floor space for another if needed.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 AM

42 posts, read 80,868 times
Nice pictures SewerCrawler. Thanks for sharing.

lcounsil: I was told "possibly" the buyers might not have to pay for the gym, whereas, the renters may have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery