Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2024, 09:47 AM

292 posts, read 271,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch23 View Post
If I am not mistaken, everyone with a preference who was not contacted by the time they are done with apartments for preferences get put on the Gen Pop list. And of course, not everyone who applied will get called.
Yes, that is correct. If we do not have a unit for you then you'll be put into the general population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch23 View Post
Thank you for this update, Brittany! Quick question - the 80-90 applicants proceeding, have they just been contacted for documents initial and second requests or are they working with a marketing agent?
They are working on getting approved with the marketing agent. Have already toured and accepted their unit.

Old 02-08-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubrayrae View Post
Hi Brittany,

When you say there will be lots of studios left can you clarify? Are the remainder of the 50% 1 bedrooms still available for City employees and GP? Or did you give away all the 1 bedrooms for everyone? I have a low number in the 1xxs and I'm a city employee and was recently asked for docs

Also, can you provide sq footages for studios and 1 bedroom? If anyone else has this info please share.

Thank you
Being that you're in the 100's that is a good chance of scooping one up. I don't know. Most of the CB applicants who qualify for both studio and 1 bedroom are wanting the 1 bedrooms. This is not to say we won't have 1 bedrooms when we reach the general population, just that they are going quick.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 15,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
They are working on getting approved with the marketing agent. Have already toured and accepted their unit.
Hi, if HPD approved me does that mean I’m guaranteed my unit? Or can I still be denied after applying on Tower 77s website?

Old 02-08-2024, 10:26 AM

10 posts, read 9,933 times
Quote:
Thank you! Is the marketing agency reaching out to more people than necessary or do they call the exact number of people needed for apartments available?

Old 02-08-2024, 10:27 AM

10 posts, read 5,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvingardins11 View Post
Hi, if HPD approved me does that mean I’m guaranteed my unit? Or can I still be denied after applying on Tower 77s website?
Hi—I am curious as to what you are referring to re: Tower 77 website…HPD isn’t the last step?

Old 02-08-2024, 10:38 AM

16 posts, read 15,087 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiriTro View Post
Hi—I am curious as to what you are referring to re: Tower 77 website…HPD isn’t the last step?
Hi, I also thought HPD was last step but they gave me instructions to apply on the Tower 77 website. It may be a formality to be able to draft up a lease or they may have final say. That’s why I asked Brittney because I’m not 100%.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:43 AM

14 posts, read 13,050 times
Quote:
Yes, that is correct. If we do not have a unit for you then you'll be put into the general population.
soooo if all CB are done and every CB was moved to GP then theoretically someone who has a low log say xxx or low x,xxx can get chosen first before someone who had CB but didnt get called because they were all out ?

Old 02-08-2024, 10:53 AM

10 posts, read 5,519 times
Quote:
Hi, I also thought HPD was last step but they gave me instructions to apply on the Tower 77 website. It may be a formality to be able to draft up a lease or they may have final say. That’s why I asked Brittney because I’m not 100%.
Ahh ok…Thank you. I guess it would also be a way to get tenants into the building’s system. I’ll wait for Brittany’s response as well.

Old 02-08-2024, 10:53 AM

531 posts, read 410,624 times
Quote:
That is most likely formalities to get the lease ready to be signed. I think it saves complications and removing a middleman for a lease signing. All HPD cares after approval is whether you have accepted the unit so they can mark it in their platform.
Nothing to sweat, start packing and get ready to enjoy your new home in health and happiness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery