Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
HA HA I'm waiting for my "one shot deal" PA they will pay my deposits (590.00) and extra income for furniture. They called Friday and will call again to give me move in dates. Everyone can apply for "one shot deal "once in their life. Recommended
Really? I've never heard of that ! Interesting..

Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM

18 posts, read 45,855 times
I haven't been checking this thread like I used to. Still loving how informative it is. And, yes, Emulator, try applying on your own. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm packing to move into Boricua Village. JKid, where you are in the process sounds good. Once they're done verifying and everything checks out, you're in there like swimwear. Fingers crossed!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBroLady View Post
I haven't been checking this thread like I used to. Still loving how informative it is. And, yes, Emulator, try applying on your own. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm packing to move into Boricua Village. JKid, where you are in the process sounds good. Once they're done verifying and everything checks out, you're in there like swimwear. Fingers crossed!
Thanks a ton !!! Much appreciated !

Oooooo I hear boricua village is real nice. Happy for you !!!! I didnt send in for that one because I didnt qualify...little out of my range. But thats definitely a good look..congrats !

Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM

270 posts, read 748,894 times
eric.. i had the same feeling about this too, they are FAST to terminate.. SURE some people get thru, but i too have a gut feeling , they alredy have at least "some" of these apt. " SOLD" to friends...just imagine paying $20,000 to be able to live there... its a STEAL... all they would need is 5 GOOD friends at $20,000 each, and they've just pocketed $100,000 EASY! non taxed, under the table... i DEFINITLEY believe there's a scam going on , ESPECIALLY for a bldg like SILVER TOWERS! AGAIn this is just my opinion and feeling , on how they handled things especially for my case..they did not even wanna give me a chance, i fought long and HARD with them, PROVIDED every SINGLE item they asked for my appeal, and each time i provided something new to them, they came up with "something" NEW to deny me...

i just wish that if there really IS a scam going on there, that they get discovered and THROWN in jail for fraud! decent, NEEDING and honest working families are getting turned down TOO easy for simple BS!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM

5 posts, read 10,072 times
I went for an Interview on July 8th. The guy josh with the messed up brownish teetheses...was not very nice. I just got hired by an independent company that provides a 1099 at the end of the year. I was on unemployment the year before and he said i needed to prove that I paid my taxes while I was self employed. I NEVER BEEN SELF EMPLOYED. So how can I provide something I don't have?! I paid my taxes every year and my unemployment taxes- It that not enough?! I have great credit and organized all my papers only to get "Terminated" 2 minutes into the "interview". I want to appeal it, I believe it's extremely unfair! and if you ask me. I have a gutt feeling that they are terminating people to try and get their "Close Friends" into these apartments. I know how corrupt most of these government agencies are. I am extremely bothered by this. How can I get someone to help? I have 2 weeks to Appeal! HELP!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:02 PM

I knowww...thats exactly how I feel....something just doesn't seem right at all!

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
eric.. i had the same feeling about this too, they are FAST to terminate.. SURE some people get thru, but i too have a gut feeling , they alredy have at least "some" of these apt. " SOLD" to friends...just imagine paying $20,000 to be able to live there... its a STEAL... all they would need is 5 GOOD friends at $20,000 each, and they've just pocketed $100,000 EASY! non taxed, under the table... i DEFINITLEY believe there's a scam going on , ESPECIALLY for a bldg like SILVER TOWERS! AGAIn this is just my opinion and feeling , on how they handled things especially for my case..they did not even wanna give me a chance, i fought long and HARD with them, PROVIDED every SINGLE item they asked for my appeal, and each time i provided something new to them, they came up with "something" NEW to deny me...

i just wish that if there really IS a scam going on there, that they get discovered and THROWN in jail for fraud! decent, NEEDING and honest working families are getting turned down TOO easy for simple BS!

O **** you went through the appeal with them? what did they "deny" you for?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 PM

270 posts, read 748,894 times
well first, they said that there were to many high deposits being made into my wife's checking account, so they had to calculate that on top of our annual income, which brought us from $36K to like $51K. We tried to tell them alot of the money that was deposited was from income tax cash that we saved at home and also from money we save due to the fact that we pay a total of $150 a month between the both of us..so " DUHHH" common sense should tell you.. HMM together these 2 make $36,000 a year before taxes, hmmmm and they pay $150/month for rent.. HMMMM, they save ALOT of cash!!! they didnt wanna BUY that, and sadly , its the truth! for the appeal they requested some cancelled checks from my wifes job to prove that she was depositing her paychecks in a lump sum every MONTH, she did NOT deposit them weekly!, and even with all THAT... they still didnt approve us..

then AFTER ALL was said and done , their NEW excuse now was that we made over $38,400 limit from our gross annual income from our jobs.... HUH? at the interview they said we made like $36,500!! , the HEAD SUPERVISOR said, that NOW, after careful review, they determined we make $38,463!!!!, $63 over the limit... im STILL in AWE and disgust about the whole thing

Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM

454 posts, read 528,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBroLady View Post

Hey SoBroLady,which building were u assigned to for the Boricua Village apts?
,Cause im a applicant going thru the process,I was originally assigned to one building with apt # but all my paperwork wasnt right at the time.They needed verification on my taxes, blah blah so they gave it to someone else.How stupid,So anywayz Im not sure now which building im going to be assigned to.Crosses fingers hoping I get a call soon.These people are taking forever!!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Hey SoBroLady,which building were u assigned to for the Boricua Village apts?
,Cause im a applicant going thru the process,I was originally assigned to one building with apt # but all my paperwork wasnt right at the time.They needed verification on my taxes, blah blah so they gave it to someone else.How stupid,So anywayz Im not sure now which building im going to be assigned to.Crosses fingers hoping I get a call soon.These people are taking forever!!
I know !! I've been checking the mailbox everyday to see if they sent a denial letter in the mail..and i've had my phone on ring (loud, i usually have it on vibrate) so I can make sure I catch their call ! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery