Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 AM

20 posts, read 42,819 times

Advertisements

I took a walk over there the other night just to see what it looks like. The place is crazy!!! Maybe its just me cuz im used to growing up in the hood and living in small apts, but these buildings are f'ing dope!!! Step up ya game and get ur paperwork right!!! I know I am!!! I'll see you there!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 AM

454 posts, read 528,295 times
Is the process for this building still going on? And what's the income range for a 1 bedroom? Thanx

Old 07-19-2010, 05:19 PM

130 posts, read 236,058 times
hey guys, is emulator still here wanted to know about his story?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM

130 posts, read 236,058 times
im applying for other places they tell me one thing but i feel another.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
Is the process for this building still going on? And what's the income range for a 1 bedroom? Thanx
The lottery for the 1bedroom is over..that was done last year. Most of us going through this process now is going for the studio

But if you want to know what the range was..you can google it and it'll bring up the old application from last year

Old 07-19-2010, 07:34 PM

30 posts, read 83,791 times
@jkid
So no word yet huh. Sorry man, I think we all should get apartments for going through this and being good sports. I hope they are making us run around gathering everything for a good reason..and that there are available apartments. If you get in then I'll know the process works. OK back to scurrying around gathering/notarizing all necessary letters. This definitely is a learning experience. Keep us posted.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 58,508 times
Exclamation question

hi, guys,how are you?
I applied river place II for the studio about two weeks ago. I am a part time student and have been work at a medical office for 2 yrs with 1099 and he is paying me bi-weekly (21,000/year). How can I get the stubs since my boss pay me by his company's check? and how they going to calculate my income?? thank you so much for your help!!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM

270 posts, read 748,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
hey guys, is emulator still here wanted to know about his story?
hey , Well as far as my process, its basically done ..they denied me AND my appeal.. the thing is why have me bring in further documents for my appeal, and STILL not accept those docs as the proof they asked for.. what was the point? what else could they possibly want to make things right? Do i have to pull off a magic trick and bring things i dont have. I brought them everything they asked for , for the appeal, and they STILL denied me. Im still pissed as to how this all went down for me.. but I'm sending in as many lotteries as i can get my hands on..i checks the sites EVERYDAY!..i need an affordable apt, ASAP, or i fear, me ,girlfriend and 2 kids will wind up in the street.. and MIND you, we are a working family making about $36,000 a year ..and we have no place to live. Where we are now is sub-leased , and the original person on the lease needs their apt back. Long story short, they were supposed to be leaving the country for good, and decided to sub-lease, we needed a place and it was extremely convenient to accept. SO now, 3 1/2 years later they decided they want to come back, and they are waiting on us to find a place ASAP. I have no easy answer for them , other than we are waiting for NYCHA, and sending in lotteries. WE got all excited about RP2, i told them theres hope on something, and I'd let them know. It was sad when i had to tell them , we got denied. God knows i tried my best to fix things with RP2, but no luck for me this time.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 PM

20 posts, read 42,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
hey , Well as far as my process, its basically done ..they denied me AND my appeal.. the thing is why have me bring in further documents for my appeal, and STILL not accept those docs as the proof they asked for.. what was the point? what else could they possibly want to make things right? Do i have to pull off a magic trick and bring things i dont have. I brought them everything they asked for , for the appeal, and they STILL denied me. Im still pissed as to how this all went down for me.. but I'm sending in as many lotteries as i can get my hands on..i checks the sites EVERYDAY!..i need an affordable apt, ASAP, or i fear, me ,girlfriend and 2 kids will wind up in the street.. and MIND you, we are a working family making about $36,000 a year ..and we have no place to live. Where we are now is sub-leased , and the original person on the lease needs their apt back. Long story short, they were supposed to be leaving the country for good, and decided to sub-lease, we needed a place and it was extremely convenient to accept. SO now, 3 1/2 years later they decided they want to come back, and they are waiting on us to find a place ASAP. I have no easy answer for them , other than we are waiting for NYCHA, and sending in lotteries. WE got all excited about RP2, i told them theres hope on something, and I'd let them know. It was sad when i had to tell them , we got denied. God knows i tried my best to fix things with RP2, but no luck for me this time.
Sorry to hear about that emulator. I hope things work out for you. It seems though we are all deserving of an apartment at RP2. At least its not rich shmucks applying for these apartments and getting approved for them and not giving people like us a chance.

Good Luck to you emulator!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:42 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker23 View Post
@jkid
So no word yet huh. Sorry man, I think we all should get apartments for going through this and being good sports. I hope they are making us run around gathering everything for a good reason..and that there are available apartments. If you get in then I'll know the process works. OK back to scurrying around gathering/notarizing all necessary letters. This definitely is a learning experience. Keep us posted.
Oh dont worry...once I hear something i'll let everybody here know. I feel like we've all been going through this process together..plus the only reason I even joined this forum was because of this thread ! LOL !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery