Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 PM

11 posts, read 20,959 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, being that there are only 5 studio apartments available for the 19-22k income range, do you think that there are any more of those apartments left? I have my interview on August 9th and I think i fit all the criteria but i dont wnat to waste my time. My log number is in the 1500's not sure if that's good or bad. It would be great if anyone else who applied for the 5 studios could give me some responses. Thanks everyone!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM

684 posts, read 1,820,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmmyb0y View Post
Hey everyone, being that there are only 5 studio apartments available for the 19-22k income range, do you think that there are any more of those apartments left? I have my interview on August 9th and I think i fit all the criteria but i dont wnat to waste my time. My log number is in the 1500's not sure if that's good or bad. It would be great if anyone else who applied for the 5 studios could give me some responses. Thanks everyone!
Forget about your log #...its pretty irrelevant now only because this isnt a lottery since you faxed your application directly to them..the log # is pretty much just an identifyer

I think its very possible that they MIGHT be out..im in the middle of the process myself for those 5 apts..but im refusing to dwell on any possible negatives. At the end of the day either im going to be fortunate enough to end up with one..or at the very least i end up on the waiting list. I look at it as a win win. And I think you should do the same. You never know what could happen..and your not giving yourself a chance if you dont go through the process at all

Old 07-25-2010, 09:21 AM

yeah i realized there were only 5 apartments after i reviewed the advertisements. How long ago was your interview? I'm supposing we aren't the first of the group to interview for these 5 vacancies, so that might put us on the waiting list. But all in all, I will go to the interview and see what I can get from it. The building is absolutely stunning as i biked by yesterday.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Lol ! Man..my first interview was the end of May but at that time the guidelines were different. And there was about 21 available apts for the 19-21 range..I was denied...but I appealed..my appeal was accepted but under the NEW guidelines..which is what you see now for 5 apts for the 19-22$ range..My interview under the new guidelines was in the end of June. All my paperwork is complete..im assuming I passed the credit check (cause im sure they would have told me by now)..so the only thing im waiting for is the call for the home visit

Old 07-25-2010, 12:03 PM

damn, you are lucky! I have a friend who works with affordable housing and says if you passed that much already you pretty much got the apartment. You just have to wait for the governments approval on the other end to get the right funding needed to subsidize your housing. I have my interview in 2 weeks and hopefully i qualify. my paystubs vary every time but through my own calculations 6 stubs avg then divided by 6; i meet the 20800 area... Hopefully that can put me through to the next step.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 PM

My guess is that i'll hear something in August. Im seriously starting to think that they take time off in July which is why everybody's interview is being pushed back till August. Because there are a few of us here that are pretty much on "hold" so to speak..meaning we're in the middle of the process but still havent heard anything back yet. But my spirits are still up..still have my fingers crossed..still praying..so hopefully i'll end up with something.

Yea you should be good. Like I tell everyone else..just come prepared with all the documents they ask for and if you fall within range you'll be fine.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Hmm by a few of you, i hope you dont mean 5 or more lol. Then that would hinder my chances of getting an apt. That might mean me being placed on a waiting list but then if that were the case the chances of someone who has a $500/month apt wouldnt just give it up like that... lol but good luck

Old 07-25-2010, 12:48 PM

There very well may be 5 or more..theres only about 3 of us that are waiting and not all of us are in the same income bracket. Now factor in those who do not go onto message boards and its more then likely over 5. They posted up those new guidelines in June..im quite sure more then 5 people are either going through this process or is in line to be interviewed. Those are the facts. But again..IMHO it would be foolish to just NOT go to the interview because you think they've already run out of apts..you dont know what can happen. Its not just about people giving up apts..as an example me personally I would prefer to have a 1bdrm..so if that came along I would move..hey there goes an open studio apartment...maybe someone starts a family an now a studio isnt feasible for them anymore..another open studio apartment. Just a couple of examples of the many things that can happen that could open up an apartment.

If would prefer to have better odds just to interview..then thats on you..but I think it would be crazy to not interview at all just because you feel your already out of luck.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:45 PM

123 posts, read 310,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Jason was a great guy !! He was who I interviewed with the first time.
He was also mine. When I went to sign my lease on Friday I noticed a reduction in staff but it wasn't busy. Mostly lease signings. I'm going Monday to get my move in date. Call for Anika..

Old 07-25-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
He was also mine. When I went to sign my lease on Friday I noticed a reduction in staff but it wasn't busy. Mostly lease signings. I'm going Monday to get my move in date. Call for Anika..
Mochanyc6 !!! I thought u forgot about us ! Lol !

Yea I think August will be the month I hear from them. I called them last week and they said i'll be receiving either an email or a phone call on my next step. So i'll give it some time before I call again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery