Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2010, 06:18 PM

684 posts, read 1,820,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
according to the BOAT you boys are on.. looks like my aug23rd interview may be a wild goose chase.. just a hunch.. BUT, they have NOT denied you so thats a VERY good thing!.. an dif they ran out of apts..maybe they'll have apts when the infamous RIVERPLACE III comes out .. the revenge of silver towers!..

just kidding lol
This is why I have finally relaxed a bit. There was a time where I was checking the mailbox every single day hoping there wasnt a denial letter in there ! Lol ! Now its been so long..I know I havent been denied so im at least a little at peace with that. I called up the office last week to check on my status and all they told me was that someone would call or email me the next step. So I guess its just a waiting game from here on out...

Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 AM

130 posts, read 236,052 times
I just found out the guy assigned to me jason is noi longer there. I was at the last step which is employment verfication it was dued by last friday but hour didn't complete it till thursday (today). I have a feeling that I'm not gonna get the apartment and it hurts to think I put in this much time, energy, and money for nothing. If I get denied I'm going to file a complaint against my jobs h.r department because this is so unfair. I should have been in already.. That's why I think this is a scam!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Wow thats messed up. Thats why im so glad that my job has a 3rd party online site that handles all of that. That way it isnt sitting on someones desk for weeks

Old 07-22-2010, 06:32 PM

78 posts, read 199,939 times
i do remember the lady telling me that if i was accepted i would be moving in by the ending of this month. so things should start to get going now. being that i gave in all my info 2 weeks after my interview maybe itll take two extra weeks so im guessing mid august. any day now. i cant wait.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:58 PM

52 posts, read 109,736 times
quick question i move to fla and my situation was so great for me in fla i rented a apartment for a yr good standing no late ness prior to my new lease i move out a month later .... then i went to a scrappy new apartment remeber im a new yorker it didnt go well with the economy in the south during the ressecion so my job relocated me back to ny so im my credit check it show the two lease i broke in fla would that disqualified me and im credit its so so hope fully i just paid for my car so maybe that help my credit my interview is first week in aug its for the 505 building???

Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjose1986 View Post
I just found out the guy assigned to me jason is noi longer there. I was at the last step which is employment verfication it was dued by last friday but hour didn't complete it till thursday (today). I have a feeling that I'm not gonna get the apartment and it hurts to think I put in this much time, energy, and money for nothing. If I get denied I'm going to file a complaint against my jobs h.r department because this is so unfair. I should have been in already.. That's why I think this is a scam!!!!!!
Jason was a great guy !! He was who I interviewed with the first time.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
i do remember the lady telling me that if i was accepted i would be moving in by the ending of this month. so things should start to get going now. being that i gave in all my info 2 weeks after my interview maybe itll take two extra weeks so im guessing mid august. any day now. i cant wait.
But your in the higher income bracket right? They seem to have delayed everything till August..so im banking that we'll all have some information regarding our status' then. Till then im going to continue applying and stacking up so I can have some furniture ! lol

Old 07-23-2010, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,703 times
hey guys i have a serious question about the interview process..

would getting a notarized letter with ur parents vouching they will make payments on ur behalf incase something happens and i am not able to pay. u think that would be a good idea?

would this raise any red flags maybe they would think that i am irresponsible?? please let me know if i should bring this letter

Old 07-23-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloy4life View Post
hey guys i have a serious question about the interview process..

would getting a notarized letter with ur parents vouching they will make payments on ur behalf incase something happens and i am not able to pay. u think that would be a good idea?

would this raise any red flags maybe they would think that i am irresponsible?? please let me know if i should bring this letter
I would stay away from that..1. It isnt necessary..and 2. to me its not sending the right message. Plus its not going to give you any bonus points with them anyway..

But thats just MY opinion...

Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 PM

130 posts, read 236,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Jason was a great guy !! He was who I interviewed with the first time.

he really was :-( but i'll apply other places. i just want to get out of wherre im at now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery