Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 12:51 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
your post is weird you say 1.)african american 2.) PUERTO RICANS

are you aware a lot of black people are not african american?

your comparing race to ethnicity here. just a heads up.
I know. Im reffering to African Americans.

Africans, Haitians immigrants are hard working people for the most part (as such are many Mexicans, DR's, etc) ..I can't do them the injustice of being grouped in with black...alot of Dominicans are black too...so 1.) Black would be incorrect...AA are # 1.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
bloods and crips do not drop bodies in ny especially when looking at their high numbers. here in brooklyn a lot are homies.

hey i can name any latino gang , but your the one stereotyping ricans so im just letting u know no matter how much you preach about dominicans people think otherwise.

People think otherwise but facts are facts. You compare Dominicans to Chinese for example, and I would be the first to admit that we have higher incarceration rates.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:54 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I know. Im reffering to African Americans.

Africans, Haitians immigrants are hard working people for the most part (as such are many Mexicans, DR's, etc) ..I can't do them the injustice of being grouped in with black...alot of Dominicans are black too...so 1.) Black would be incorrect...AA are # 1.
alright then cool

Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
People think otherwise but facts are facts. You compare Dominicans to Chinese for example, and I would be the first to admit that we have higher incarceration rates.
well yeah , but the average person in nyc see no difference between dominicans and ricans and think all of ya are the same lol.

the reason i think its pointless for dominicans to say things about ricans is cause central americans tend to have the same ignorance towards Dominicans about violence.

how about we all get along here? and let victorfox live in a world of his own.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:56 AM

244 posts, read 568,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanD80 View Post
All of this racial talk is irrelevant. No point in arguing which neighborhoods are most dangerous due to whatever type of people.

The bottom line is this...

There are tons upon tons of safe predominately white neighborhoods in the country. Can anyone find me a safe predominately black or latino neighborhood? Anywhere in the country. You know, one that you can leave your car doors unlocked in the driveway at night without a worry? And your doors open at night with just the screen door to let the breeze in while the whole family sleeps? One you can walk around at night alone in a bikini?

I'm not trying to argue here....If anyone knows of such a place, I'd just like to know. I'm curious if it exists. Don't take it the wrong way.
Prince George's County Maryland. Upper-Middle class and predominantly African American.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post
Prince George's County Maryland. Upper-Middle class and predominantly African American.
you are 100 percent right but it wouldnt depend on the actual areas? cause i hear pg county by the dc edges are rough.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,173,069 times
Jordandubreil and DC90, you have disservice The Rotten Apple(New York City). I'm clearly going to be truthful and explain why San Jose, alone, destroys the Rotten Apple and it's going to awfully offend alot of New Yorkers and wound their pride so badly. Sorry New Yorkers, these bloggers ask for it.

San Jose is better than New York:

Weather
Natural Scenery
tons of parks through the city
safety
Downtown: New York has a crummy and boring downtown with big hole in the middle
cleanliness
Airport: check out the new airport in San Jose. By the way, Kennedy + La Guardia are ugly
and outdated
Food: Original Joes, which is old school, destroys the italian restaurant in MeatPacking district,
wharehouse area of Manhattan, around 9th Ave, no man land.
Beautiful Women: In San Jose, blond chics. In New York, short and stocky or tall and boring with
no personality-just a bone-headed fashion models
Architecture: check out the new city hall and Axis Condo on Flickr.com or Google it. Keep looking
Quality of Life
Friendliness
More communities: Mountain View, Campbell, willow Glen, Palo Alto Los Gatos, the Alameda and etc.
Better Location: California vs New York
Gateway Point: Monterey, San Francisco and Lake Tahoe/ Yosemite nearby
etc.
Hope you guys are convinced.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
Jordandubreil and DC90, you have disservice The Rotten Apple(New York City). I'm clearly going to be truthful and explain why San Jose, alone, destroys the Rotten Apple and it's going to awfully offend alot of New Yorkers and wound their pride so badly. Sorry New Yorkers, these bloggers ask for it.

San Jose is better than New York:

Weather
Natural Scenery
tons of parks through the city
safety
Downtown: New York has a crummy and boring downtown with big hole in the middle
cleanliness
Airport: check out the new airport in San Jose. By the way, Kennedy + La Guardia are ugly
and outdated
Food: Original Joes, which is old school, destroys the italian restaurant in MeatPacking district,
wharehouse area of Manhattan, around 9th Ave, no man land.
Beautiful Women: In San Jose, blond chics. In New York, short and stocky or tall and boring with
no personality-just a bone-headed fashion models
Architecture: check out the new city hall and Axis Condo on Flickr.com or Google it. Keep looking
Quality of Life
Friendliness
More communities: Mountain View, Campbell, willow Glen, Palo Alto Los Gatos, the Alameda and etc.
Better Location: California vs New York
Gateway Point: Monterey, San Francisco and Lake Tahoe/ Yosemite nearby
etc.
Hope you guys are convinced.

how many people on this globe would agree with you and stay nyc is boring and san jose is better?

Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,173,069 times
DC90 and Jordanudeir, New York City is a sewer and a cesspool. Garbage bags pile high on the sidewalks everyday. The buildings, other than a few cute ones in the Times Square area, are ugly and bland. Check out New Donald Trump and the Beekman residential towers in Soho. They're a typical bland, slim and ugly towers that overshadow the,otherwise, somewhat interesting neighborhoods of Soho/ Union Park. New York City just can't get it right with its architecture since the residents and the city bicker all the time and settle for schlots. The city is in chaotic mess with mumble-jumbo style urban development pattern. If you think San Jose is a hellhole, look at the one you're in. New York City is a boring dump that caters to the falling yuppies, gay and dwindling fashion crowd. Note: the fashion industry is suffering and heading west to LA, where Hollywood and commercial industry is. They're consolidating with the commercial industry for survival in LA, not New York. Cities that are better than New York other than San Jose: San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Vancouver, Montreal, Boise, Id, Boulder/Denver, Los Angeles and Montreal. Thread out!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durf View Post
DC90 and Jordanudeir, New York City is a sewer and a cesspool. Garbage bags pile high on the sidewalks everyday. The buildings, other than a few cute ones in the Times Square area, are ugly and bland. Check out New Donald Trump and the Beekman residential towers in Soho. They're a typical bland, slim and ugly towers that overshadow the,otherwise, somewhat interesting neighborhoods of Soho/ Union Park. New York City just can't get it right with its architecture since the residents and the city bicker all the time and settle for schlots. The city is in chaotic mess with mumble-jumbo style urban development pattern. If you think San Jose is a hellhole, look at the one you're in. New York City is a boring dump that caters to the falling yuppies, gay and dwindling fashion crowd. Note: the fashion industry is suffering and heading west to LA, where Hollywood and commercial industry is. They're consolidating with the commercial industry for survival in LA, not New York. Cities that are better than New York other than San Jose: San Francisco, Las Vegas, Chicago, Vancouver, Montreal, Boise, Id, Boulder/Denver, Los Angeles and Montreal. Thread out!

your basically a hate my friend you have no clear educational reason to hate new york just immature rant haha lol.

but at the end of the day nyc makes the majority of the number 1 polls and its a world class eltie city that is known.

to bad san jose isnt.

and also show some facts that the fashion industry is moving west cause it still looks healthy here.

goof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City