Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 02:55 PM

365 posts, read 502,177 times

Advertisements

NYSM...that explanation reminded me of my presentation in Finance class at Baruch. LMAO! Please...I don't want to think about school until AFTER my vacation. You know what's funny though...everyone says they had to provide all these years of tax info. and I didn't. I don't remember having to show so much documentation. But in any case, I got that SAME question on my application. "Do you feel safe in this neighboorhood?" or something along those lines. I was like..."Ummmmm, how am I supposed to answer this? I don't live here and I can't judge the area simply because I had to commute here once." I didn't really think about that question until I got on here and saw other people's comments about the area.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:58 PM

317 posts, read 578,782 times
Moneboo.... You are a mess. I have seen the area before and after the buildings went up. I was rather surprised they put those buildings there. But thats really neither here nor there. You should still apply to Boricua Village and maybe we'll be neighbors. Lol!! Birds having herpes???? Damn so no ones safe from that disease huh?? Newyork.....it seems you may know what your talking about but even if you choose not to take the apt Knickerbocker will have no problem getting them filled. Yes I'm in my 20's...as a matter of fact I will be kissing the 20's goodbye in December.....thats neither here nor there also.... I guess you may or may not have never applied to the lottery housing because yes they want to know ALL of your business. Most feel its very invasive and if thats what you feel you can kindly decline and keep moving right along. I dont know a single person that hasnt had their personal and financial life put under a microscope in order to live in affordable housing. Thats just the way it goes. Remember with these lotteries it is definitely a roll of the dice on what type of neighbors you will have. But a 1 bedroom for 750$ a month in the Bronx what did you think you were going to get??? Either way I wish you the best on your endeavor!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:04 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Kudos to all of you guys on your perserverance.
I own a 2 bedroom Mitchell-Lama co-op and it took me 7 months to get in.
My maintenance is $854 a month, utilities included.
This thread serves as a testament that NYC is affordable.
Wish you all the best of luck, and please continue to update the thread with your experiences, as it will help many.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-28-2011, 03:05 PM

Sobroguy....I like that question you posted!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
Yes and it was never answered.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 PM

6 posts, read 7,320 times
Stephanie-
Can you tell me how I can go about applying to Boricua Village.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 PM

365 posts, read 502,177 times
As I was saying earlier at work....yes, I'm just getting home, it was happy hour and I had have a dranky drank or four to unwind. But anyway, I won't say where I work or what my job consists of, but in any case, I was in a meeting and the topic of the contractors who are building the Willis Ave bridge came up and a comment was made from someone above me about an investigation going on over the construction of this bridge. I'm going to look further into it and see what exactly it is about this project their investigating. Maybe they'll move it over some? Who knows! I'm going to do a little more questioning and see what happens or comes about. Wouldn't it be funny if they decided to move the bridge and then Knickerbocker took back all those tvs?! You just get a letter one day like, "Dear Sir/Madam: PASS DAT ....Yours Truly, Management"

Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 PM

Moneboo.... Lmao.... "Pass dat" Too damn funny!!!! But yes I told you about everything you overheard at work. The funny thing is the contractor told my bf back in the winter time that because they didnt communicate with them they still have plans to go foward with their plans and reconstruct the bridge right where it is. Smh!!!! I would be so livid. You will have your regulars that start making meal request and sh%t at your damn house. Something needs to be done because tenants should not have to pay for the lack of communication on the behalf of Knickerbocker.....

Old 07-28-2011, 10:30 PM

Prince31.... The application number is 212-488-5010.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Prince... If you have the time just go there and pick up the application yourself instead of sending in the self addressed envelope and then waiting for it to come in the mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery