Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times

Advertisements

stephanie-the building is up to my expectations..im just hooking it up..plus i dont need alot of stuff here..I have nice furniture..ample space..the surrond sound is up n kicking..the central air is great..hey the toliet..furgetaboutit!..a splash of water even wash your you know what!..when you do a number 2..nicee!..and its like sitting in a recliner....and its not like them old school contractions..it has 2-buttons you push on top...something trump tower might have in their units!..and its roomy..matter of fact when my girlfriends mother come and stay for thanksgiving..im putting a lil-cot in there so she can crash in there!..you'll see.
ohh the girl who said she told them shes a student!!..heyy if they dont ask you!..DONT SAY NOTHING!!..dont volunteer any extra information..let them ask you the questions..because look what happened?..you go to interview..they look at your paperwork..check off this that and the 3rd..if the examiner dont notice anything..dont let on anything..dont let the cat out of the bag for them!..so now they have grounds to exemt you from further processing..you cant even appeal it..because on your hearsay..they got you!..DAMM!..I told you them dogs'll get you!..they have cameras..and nor less their snitches!!..like the doorman or the super or cleaning person..who else can it be?..they're the only 1's that see you come and go!..and the elevators have eyes too!..and you know its being recorded to via/ computer..and you see how fast they got at you with that notice?..so get rid of fe-fe..or they'll get rid of you!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:19 AM

317 posts, read 578,855 times
Deli.... I'm happy your loving your new digs. I wish we had central ac over at Boricua Village. I walked pass your building this morning and you popped intomy head. Actually I walk that way every morning about 5:45 because I go to the track down the block..... As far as the dog goes......yea that situation happened many months ago. I was trying to wait at least a year and then sneak him in but yea the super saw me walking him at 6 am. The thing was the dog didn't even move in yet. He and my bf spent the night and viola! I did confront the super and told him he could've asked me instead of being a snitch because the situation wasn't what it seemed. Which is why I'm telling Moonboo not to roll the dice.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:34 PM

58 posts, read 162,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Davenport View Post
I did confront the super and told him he could've asked me instead of being a snitch because the situation wasn't what it seemed. Which is why I'm telling Moonboo not to roll the dice.
You want the man to lose his job!

If the super or any other employee sees a tenant with a dog and does not report it to management after 30 days the tenant can keep the dog even though there is a no pets policy.

The management when they find out you have a dog has to give you notice before 30 days that you are in violation of the no pets rule and have to get rid of it, because if they don't after 30 days they can't take any action against you and you can keep the dog.

So if the super saw it and said nothing and after 30 days management finds out about the dog and you tell them well its too late I had the dog for more then 30 days and your employee saw me during that time if he didn't report it to you too bad the dog stays that is the law.

Management now pissed super did not do his job and fires him.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM

317 posts, read 578,855 times
I dont want anyone to lose their job but my point was the dog didnt live there he was visiting. I had no problem with the rules that I knowingly agreed to obey prior to moving in. He did what he was suppose to do because we all have someone to answer to.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 AM

..well at my lease signing they sat me down and I had to initial/sign off on the rules/stipulations..so they got you dead to rights!..and who wants to get involved with housing court proceedings over a dog!?..taking time off from work,and getting in bad with management. The worse thing is having a snitch looking you in the face every morning-saying goodmorning !..I got a gripe too..I saw a car parked in the garage when it rained saturday..what was it doing down there?..and it was'nt the supers..he don't own a porsche cayenne list for like $110k..customized at that!..well lets just say..it got drug dealer all over it..because if you can afford that..you wont be in here la terazza in the south bronx..plus isnt this low income??..so with them assets..how can they let you in?..im just saying..esspecially if the city investigating you..i know they investigated me!..well moving right along..yeah stephanie the central air is niceee..so do you have any A.C?..then..they cool this place within minutes!..I went walking down 3rd ave..looking for a tv-stand...quess i'll go to p.c richard on the way home from work..because I dont wanna drill holes in the wall..they're sheetrock.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:36 AM

gooseneck-yeah just slip him hush-hush money so he can get his weed..then he'll turn a blind-eye.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 AM

LINDAP125..DONT SAY NOTHING!!..let the examiner ask the questions!..make your answers short n sweet..well good luck now..because you're going to need it..talking to them is like talking to the-cops!

Old 08-08-2011, 03:44 AM

Default moneboo-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
Hey Deli!! Been a while....and yes I'm still waiting on Bruckner to get back to me...smh...I swear!
Anyway, glad to hear your all moved into La Terrazza and ready to go. I'm packing to go on vacation while packing to move out all in one. Talk about some stress on my hands.
I wonder how things are going for Mom2Be...I know she was having it rough with Bruckner and she's almost due!
yeah!..bring me back a bottle of jamaican-rum!..not that cheap brand either!.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:07 AM

I went to work friday and the newspaper AM new york I saw on a page that la terrazza is still accepting applications,plus they still have the banner draped over the 2fl balcony..so they are still filling in the apartments..I just hope that they're not getting desperate,and letting anyone in...my floor is so quiet!..and everyday im seeing newer faces! woww!!.
the parking for now is good..if i see the super outside im going to see how long for the parking garage to open up..because at their rate..im not sure the building will be full by thanksgiving..because its not even half full yet. the screening/process inteviews..takes like 30-45 days depending if anything else is needed,the thing is I gotta move my car from side to side for alternate parking for sanitation,so as soon as i come from work,I move it..while i still can-lucky its spots around..or i'll be-PISSED!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't gotten back on here and thank everyone properly...this was a CRAZY HECTIC weekend.
Did a lil' vacation shopping...*side note*..for anyone looking for GOOD and GREAT prices on anything from clothes to houseware...go to AN OUTLET! I went to NJ and visited Jackson outlets and Franklin Mills...I was in love all over again. Polo store...smh...I almost took them out of business! But yeah, you guys have to really get to an outlet if your looking for last minute summer clothing (like myself) or just want a few new things for the house without breaking bank. But not to stray off topic....yes, the approval came and I'm going to pick a unit this week. i just have to re-establish my funds and get that together and I'll be ready for next month. And I'm hoping next month is the date. As for Snoopy, I really want to take my chances and keep him with me, only because I know he'll probably die of separation anxiety if he didn't come with me. Maybe if he stayed with my parents and came to me on the weekends....I'll have to see. Next and FINAL resort would be to find him a new home and I don't even want to think that far ahead. In any case, I'll see what these apartments look like later on today if I go today, if not, by Wednesday. Maybe I'll be able to snap a few pics too. To those who have just had their interview or are preparing for one, good luck and hang in there. It seems like a looooooong process and it at times becomes frustrating because you don't always get to speak to someone when you want, but in the end, it'll happen. In any case, I will let you guys know how it turns out. Glad its over with and with two weeks left to spare before my vacation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery