Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 11:39 AM

365 posts, read 502,265 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody!!!
@ Steph...sorry girl! I didn't see your message from earlier. I will definitely stay on with this forum. You guys have stuck it out with me through this entire process so I won't leave yall like that!
As for that double leasing busines...pssshhhhh...I wish they would! Hmph...Yall would see me on EVERY channel. I called over there today to see about the move in date, and I didn't hear from them yet. We shall see. My vacation is next week so that means my summer will be ending quick fast. I practically drained my annual leave for this one. I still haven't even packed for vacation yet, much less to move. My bf is still on his, "Babe...did you this.....Babe, did you that..." SMH! I'm this close! I already told him he might wanna watch his step getting onto that boat next week and brush up on his swimming skills....In any case, the stress is still there and I can feel it. I want to finish off all my business before I leave so I can be on a beach in the Bahamas with a drink in my hand and not a care in the world.

@ Mom2Be! Congrats girl!! Yayyyyyyy! I was waiting to hear your news!! I'm so happy for you! Get to moving girl...and when's the due date if you don't mind me asking? Might pass you in the hallway one day with the lil' bundle of joy!! Pink for everybodddddyyyyyyyyy

Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 PM

34 posts, read 43,381 times
Awwww thank moneboo I just came from bringing the deposite and im due sept 17th

Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Wow! Time is flying...Did you pick out a unit already?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:49 PM

317 posts, read 578,855 times
Moneboo..... They are ass backwards over there. Some have viewed apts but weren't asked to leave their deposits. Others left deposits but didn't choose an apt. Me personally I'm not leaving a dime for something I haven't seen. Someone previously said it was to "hold" their spot. I find that to be a problem
. That's more like a side, hush-hush type of deal. Things like that are how people get fired. They're there one week but not the next. I know for a fact that they take advantage of people's desperation. Moneboo just make sure they can reach you some kind of way in the event they call you for a move in date whe your maxing and relaxing on the beach in the Bahamas. And one other thing...... I hope you have a big floppy diva hat to wear on the beach?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:00 PM

Yea I picked out my unit today.....now im just waiting for september first so I can move in

Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM

6 posts, read 6,873 times
Did anyone sign a lease yet ?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:20 PM

317 posts, read 578,855 times
Mom2be.... September 1st is like 2 weeks away. Boy that's too much to be doing as far along as you are. But business is business. Did things work out ok with your current landlord?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM

And you know this @ Steph! I have my hats all packed up and ready to go. My bf is the one who has to stress now. He's still waiting on his passport to come in from the JA consulate, PLUS he needs to shop. I just have my last minute things to deal with and I'll be okay. This weekend and next week is going to be stressful. I'm also trying to see if I can come up with the cash for my apartment this weekend. Once everything on the homefront is taken care of, then I'll be able to "vacate" comfortably. Until then, I'm just a#%ed out stressed.

@Mom2Be...I commend you. This has got to be a stressful time for you. Just take it easy hun and do what you can. Hopefully you have people to help you out.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
good morning ladies...mom2-why did'nt you see the unit first?..or did they ask you for the deposit?..makes no-sense..and what if you dont like the side/view its on?..or the layout..because not all units built the same..example: I dont have a walk in closet..but the unit that did is on the side of the building..but im in the front with a larger living-room,..are they really taking advantage of the tenants like-so..being greedy and hard-up..so they figure that people are acting like fiens,so they'll bite on anything!..still i agree with stephanie..mom2..go and see the unit that fits you best,and do you have a team-to assist in your moving?..you dont need to be pushing anything..because you gonna need all the pushing you can on sept 15th!..lemme buy my ear-plugs today..so moneboo..hi again and enjoy your outting on the high seas..i dont wanna see/hear you missing next-ha..well still goodluck..and tell the bf..he better go gather up some boxes and 3-dollys..are you renting u-haul?..and whats your move-in date?..no house warming party?..and do you really need that t.v?..well i gotta scram now..so javier8..did you hear anything from them yet?..it takes time..juss hanginthere!.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM

Ok @deli I seen the units back in july yesturday I had to pick the one I wanted and give the deposite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery