Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 01:04 PM

31 posts, read 36,757 times

Advertisements

Congrats Moneboo. Im just playing countdown like everyone else. I'm looking forward to the Sept.1 move in date. Im gonna be tired as heck since that's Labor Day weekend but I'll make it work. I've been waiting this long lol.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM

34 posts, read 43,381 times
Moneboo how much is the deposit u have to put down on the apt

Old 08-09-2011, 02:32 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
Hey Madison...I know what you mean about that weekend. I'm leaving for a cruise the 26th and coming back the day before Labor Day....plus, I plan on being on the Parkway from EARLY if I go through with playing mas. Now imagine having to move in also....it would be wayyyyyy to much for me.

@ Mom2Be...i don't remember the exact amount. I believe it was first month's rent. I'm not too sure what the exact figure was though. That's actually a good question because this money has to be money order I believe and I guess it would be a good idea to know how much.....smh...I'll have to get back to you on the exact figure though.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM

34 posts, read 43,381 times
Ok because my interviewer told me thr first month is free please keep me posted

Old 08-09-2011, 08:07 PM

@Mom2Be...I'm not really sure the exact amount, but, I believe it is first month's rent. That would be about $800 give or take a few dollars. I think the income range I was in qualified me for the $808 rent. As for that first month free...this is the first I'm hearing of that. I don't know how true that is. Maybe because your paying the deposit before hand, which is the equivalent to a month's rent...but even still...that doesn't make sense. Like I said, I've never heard of that before and would love to know If that's the case.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:58 PM

16 posts, read 22,392 times
The first month is free and you only pay security deposit.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:46 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
congrats peoples!..mone..you in there..see i told yu-mom2..so whats up with yurs?..and steph..you gots to stay on them..4-real!..but the process does take some time..i was qualified..then denied-dammitt!..because of sum-bull$!&t !..but its alright..i made it into la-terazza..lease its quieter..and im not too far from the stores and shopping district..and gamestop is right when i get out of the train on 149st-3rd ave..everything is right there!..and sometimes i jump on the bus..or walk the 9-blocks!..im cool with that!..hey what fool goes into knickerbocker without a social-security number?!..wtf !..is he a idiot!?..does he work?..do he file taxes?..do he has a bank account/savings?..what-a-dummy!.he cant even rent a room !..mone..so yu saw a-rat!?..damm!..well being by that water-grass..and the highway..they there!..just dont let them tunnel their way into BBTB!..or they'll populate the building too!..so you'll really have-company!..remember..NO-PETS!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Hey Deli...Yes a rat! That sucka was about the size of a small cat. Honestly, if I was to see those on a regular, I think I would be paranoid. I mean, i understand its a construction site and whatnot and i would expect to see all kinds of critters during that phase, but rats.........I DO NOT LIKE THEM AT ALL. I took off like a track star and the girl who took us around was right behind of me. My bf was like....."Ummmmm, what just happened?" She didn't even know why I was running but took off behind me. It was funny as heck now that i think about it. Anyway, Mom2Be...how are you? And how's the baby? Looks like you'll be in before the baby comes after all. That's if the date doesn't change again. Oh yeah...I was going to ask if anyone else heard about the new building that was being built right next door. The lady said that it wouldn't be completed until next year. I thought the building on 132nd was the last building.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 AM

8 posts, read 9,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
I too went in for my interview this past Monday. I must say, the process went pretty easy. She practically told me I had it. My only concern now is the area. At first, I didn't think it would be too bad. I'm used to that area because my grandmother lives in mill brook projects not too far from that area. However, this place, located right on the highway, seems a little hidden and far away from everything. I'm now having second thoughts mainly for that reason. I live in Parkchester right now, and I'm constantly going to Brook Ave to see my grandmother. But on that day alone, coming from the 3rd ave train station, I felt a little uncomfortable. I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Did anyone else experience this? As far as the apts, they were pretty decent. Kind of roomy and airy even. Don't really remember what the kitchen looked like, but I know I didn't really have any complaints. One more thing, does the building have laundry? And where is the nearest supermarket?
I have the same apprehensions about the area. The walk to the train station is quite distance plus you have to walk underneath the highway underpass and past the projects. I don't wanna imagine what the walk is like in the winter snow (which they predict will be worse this year than last year).

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 AM

8 posts, read 9,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
@Mom2Be...I'm not really sure the exact amount, but, I believe it is first month's rent. That would be about $800 give or take a few dollars. I think the income range I was in qualified me for the $808 rent. As for that first month free...this is the first I'm hearing of that. I don't know how true that is. Maybe because your paying the deposit before hand, which is the equivalent to a month's rent...but even still...that doesn't make sense. Like I said, I've never heard of that before and would love to know If that's the case.
I was told that they would need the initial down payment but that the first month's rent is free. I just submitted the last of the required docs. I wonder how long it takes for approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery