Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times

Advertisements

Drink and be drunk...and remember where you live!!! Lmaoooooo! Parkway is better when ur messed up!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 PM

31 posts, read 36,757 times
Lmao , Will do

Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
moneboo-will you QUIT! the forum when you move in?..I been here talking ma-stuff for when i first started applying for apartments from the web-site..I was chosen for further processing because I work,and make decent income..still i'll like to express my experiences going through the process,and pitfalls as far as acquireing a decent place to live..and a affordable price..that female at knickerbocker who got fired!..proberly altered applications,or proberly thrown them in the garbage!..she didnt steal ant money..or the police wouldve came and got her-she proberly pulled a bernie madoff-number!..and took cash money from applicants!..hey you never know..and as for that rat!..i wish i see it on yu-tube!..so you did the 100 meter dash!..wow!..them raccoons!..im telling you..the guy who asked for the time-frame on response..who knows now..meaning that female got fired..still he/you should call them for updates!..and mention your log-number..good luck!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:40 AM

8 posts, read 9,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneboo View Post
Yeah...that's right! Only the deposit, which is the first month's rent. So usually when people pay 2 month's worth of rent, equaling 2 months in rent, we'll just be responbile for one.
@thedawn...I dred having to walk that distance in the middle of the winter...Snow and ice can be a b*&ch when you have to trek through it. As for the area, like I said before...it most definitely isn't the idealist places to reside. I spoke with a couple of people and they put it to me like this. You can live anywhere in this world and face danger in any form. Its all about how aware you are. The underpass that I have to walk underneath seems really scary. It looks like it will hardly be lit at night. Yes, there is a police station up the block, but that honestly means nothing at all. I've seen and heard of stuff happening right in front of the police station. I think what the neighborhood needs is more lighting and more patroling. I'm also hoping that there will be more retail spaces opening and more housing located in that area. There's a big empty looking lot near by and I think that would be a great location for a playground or community park. I also think that the area in front of the building (the backside of BBTB) would make a nice waterfront park. Something that offers seating and maybe a walk path or something. Its really wouldn't be a bad area over there if it was utilized appropiately. All of those improvements would GREATLY make the feel of the neighborhood more safe and comfortable.
ITA!
How about public transportation. I know about the #6 on 138th but what about the BX15? is there a convenient stop by BBTB? I looked at a map on MTA's website but still am not clear as to where the stop is.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
..its the 3rd-ave stop on the #6 train..then walk the rest..its like 4 blocks,dont take the bx15 bus..its too slow coming from harlem..the #6 bus dont go near BBTB..thats yankee stadium-163rd street through-fare going to hunts point!..its adjacent to the deegan/bruckner express-way/highway..its a industrial area..and alot of traffic,esspecially at rush hour and its a truck route going to the hunts point market/cross bronx expressway/throgs neck bridge..so dont expect alot of-QUIETNESS!.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM

31 posts, read 36,757 times
[SIZE=3]I’m really starting to lose my patience with this place. I finally got a chance to speak to Saundra who’s been avoiding me all week. When I asked about a lease signing date for September, she tells me she doesn’t know and has to ask her supervisor on Monday. August is nearly half way over. Does anyone know of any supervisor or complaint line? This madness needs to stop [/SIZE]

Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 PM

33 posts, read 36,010 times
MadisonG143 you can try the supervisor by email cwills@knickerbockermgmt.com let me know if you have any luck getting an answer.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:46 PM

6 posts, read 6,873 times
MadisonG143 it seems to me that they are trying to gather as many applicants as they can then have a group lease signing ...I hope ...I am in the same boat ...I am so glad I found this forum otherwise I would have gone insane wondering but like they say as long as you don't get a rejection letter your still in the game.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:50 PM

556 posts, read 1,446,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deli167st View Post
stephanie-the building is up to my expectations..im just hooking it up..plus i dont need alot of stuff here..I have nice furniture..ample space..the surrond sound is up n kicking..the central air is great..hey the toliet..furgetaboutit!..a splash of water even wash your you know what!..when you do a number 2..nicee!..and its like sitting in a recliner....and its not like them old school contractions..it has 2-buttons you push on top...something trump tower might have in their units!..and its roomy..matter of fact when my girlfriends mother come and stay for thanksgiving..im putting a lil-cot in there so she can crash in there!..you'll see.
ohh the girl who said she told them shes a student!!..heyy if they dont ask you!..DONT SAY NOTHING!!..dont volunteer any extra information..let them ask you the questions..because look what happened?..you go to interview..they look at your paperwork..check off this that and the 3rd..if the examiner dont notice anything..dont let on anything..dont let the cat out of the bag for them!..so now they have grounds to exemt you from further processing..you cant even appeal it..because on your hearsay..they got you!..DAMM!..I told you them dogs'll get you!..they have cameras..and nor less their snitches!!..like the doorman or the super or cleaning person..who else can it be?..they're the only 1's that see you come and go!..and the elevators have eyes too!..and you know its being recorded to via/ computer..and you see how fast they got at you with that notice?..so get rid of fe-fe..or they'll get rid of you!
Your toliet has a bidet function? please take some pics of your apartment and post.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:52 PM

16 posts, read 22,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYGUY530 View Post
CACNER7783 did you go give your deposit yet and if you did what move in date did they give you?

Hey,
I gave my deposit like Aug 4, 2011 and they stated that I should be able to move in by Sept. 1, 2011 "Hopefully if the building is ready".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery