Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 AM

4 posts, read 7,716 times

Advertisements

@deli167st I've went to all of the interviews that i've gotten and i definitly am greatful for the interviews, but im starting to realize that they all say no to dogs and this is making me not want to go to the bruckner for the interview. I live with my mom right now but the dog is mine and i could never see myself selling or giving him away. They need to change that. I live in a section 8 building right now and they allow dogs but they cant be bigger then 15lbs. I dont know I work for the city so Im gonna keep applying something will come up

Old 08-05-2011, 12:30 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
I swear...Deli always has me laughing!
@Shalash...I honestly don't think many buildings when it comes to these affordable housing lotteries, allow dogs. Like I said before, I was having the exact same thoughts. "My poor Snoopy has to go!"
I'm not giving up my baby for anything...I'm sorry! HE'S A FREAKING TOY POODLE...what damage could he POSSIBLY do?! Plus..I don't play that mess. Anyone or anything associated with me, will always be correct. None of that loud, destructive, obnoxious crap either.
If there's one thing I've learned to do, that's respect other people's space. What you do inside your home is your business...but anything dealing with the next person, you have to treat as though its not yours. As far as Snoopy, he's the perfect apartment dog. Doesn't bark. Doesn't **** on anything. Won't chew anything besides his food and toys. And sleeps most of the day, unless people are around. I may take my chances...but I know there's bound to be one in the bunch that will have something to say.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:43 PM

6 posts, read 9,758 times
Has anyone heard anything about the parking garage?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
DRUMROLL PLEASE......I've been approved! I have to pick my unit now and get the cash to Bruckner....

Old 08-05-2011, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 9,758 times
Congrats Moneboo. lol

Old 08-05-2011, 04:03 PM

4 posts, read 7,716 times
@ Moneboo congrats on getting the apt, let me know how it goes with the dog. hopefully well.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:20 PM

4 posts, read 7,581 times
Congrats moneboo! My interview went well on Thursday, I'm going to take your advice and call them to followup! Again congratssss!!!

Old 08-05-2011, 11:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,945 times
Does anyone live in the Roscoe c Brown apartments on 3rd avenue? Is there enough parking?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:09 AM

34 posts, read 43,381 times
Congrats moneboo im happy you finally got approved now im just waiting for my approval .....not bein able to hav e pets kinda suckz cause I wanted to buy my daughter a lil puppy but as time goes on rules get broken

Old 08-06-2011, 06:22 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
thanks sobro-but you know since I first joined this forum-I been learning and analyzing the system..the upbringing of all these new developements and seeing the people they let in..and why not me?..I work..i dont have a record..I have so-so credit if it wasnt for a ex-girlfriend..I make above average income..im not poor!..as long as i work, the numerous applications I put in from the web-site..etc plus I already had a apartment renting 11yrs!..I just wanted a upgrade..something with cameras-locked doors..clean elevators..just clean-PERIOD!..and not a bunch of hooligans hanging in the lobby-stairwells smoking(weed)..drinking 40'z..and spitting on the floor..just a hang-out basically..do you notice living in a building where its working class oppossed to not?..when you're not working..you can sleep all day-ride the elevators all day..hang in the front all day..working you aint home like 8-10 hrs a day..maybe 14..because some of us are doing doubles!..so you not going to be home wearing out the couch,and watching court/cop/jail sitcoms all day!..the point that im getting to is..you know what you're capable of..and whats best for you..so you know deep in your heart/soul that you gotta fight n scratch for everything you want/need..and you've worked for everything you got!..and why/how can a person from a foreign land get accepted and you not?..im not biased or prejudice..im just saying..what do they have that some of us dont?..I dont see some of them in uniforms going to work..they're still wearing sheets!..and slippers..im keeping it real,as we say in the south bronx..now that i accomplished what i set out for,and got something!..im grateful i stuck it out..I didnt give up or in..or quitted,because I knew that before my birthday i'll be in something/ aug 15th was my deadline..and i moved into la-terazza on monday evening..so im telling people to dont let nobody tell you what you can get or not and deprive you..you was born/raised here..so that entitles you for 1st pick!..but you gotta have your s%!t-TOGETHER!..meet the guidelines..make the projected income..have so-so credit..thats it1..and now im seeing people/faces that are in here,that i know couldnt had been accepted through the process i went through!..funny...well im gonna leave that alone!..as long as im minding my own business,and they don't f@&k with me!..im even seeing lesbians..aint that a b!%tch!..yo..so its really getting to that..well as long as im sleeping good at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery