Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 06:25 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times

Advertisements

no house warming..but you can go to best-buy and pluck down $3,200.99 for that sony 46' 3-D plasma/lcd which ever..have it delivered before my birthday..august 15th.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,910 times
Hello everyone. I had an interview for this development this past thursday. I was approved until I told them I was a full time student and employee. They told me I would get denied because I was in college. Has anyone ever heard of someone being denied because of their education status?

Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 AM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
You know what...that was the SAME issue I was having. I had put on my app that I was a student, and in actuality....I'm taking this semester off. I had to have something from my school stating that i was no longer a student there. And this is what held my process up. I didn't think it would matter when I was filling out the app, but apparently it does.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,910 times
thank you (:

Old 08-06-2011, 04:47 PM

16 posts, read 22,392 times
Does anyone know how long it takes for you to move in after you give your deposit?

Old 08-06-2011, 04:48 PM

34 posts, read 43,381 times
Smh u cant get a apartment cuz u go to skool smfh that just pissed me off

Old 08-06-2011, 05:44 PM

317 posts, read 578,855 times
Yaayyyyy Moonboo. I have been in Miami since last Friday and I am in the car going home only to come here to a rainy Bronx. Lol! I am sooooo happy for you and I told your a$$ that you were in there like swim wear. So now take a huge breather and enjoy because the free ride with your parents is o-v- e-r. Now it's bills, bills, bills. But the flip side is your gaining your independence and if you think about it your journey wasnt long you were just very anxious. So go give them their $$ and enjoy. Do you have a move in date? Or do you have to still wait until Sept?

Old 08-06-2011, 05:53 PM

Deli.... What's up? How's things at your new place? Is it all that you were expecting? Don't worry about that 3,000$ tv because tax time is in 5 months. Lol! But just enjoy it.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:23 PM

Moonboo.... Don't risk your apt by bringing Snoopy. I can tell you from experience that Knickerbocker is strict with their no pet policy. When I moved in my apt I left my Jack Russell with my bf because I figure I would give the building sometime and then " sneak" him in. Well anyway a month after I moved in my bf came by with Brooklyn (my dog) and they stayed for about 4 days. So now of course in the 4 days the dog did go out for his walks twice a day. So anyway it's the weekend before Thanksgiving and I come home to find a thick letter stuffed under my door. I assumed it was the rent statement but like I said it was too thick. So I proceed to open the letter and it was from management stating " I was observed walking a small dog and it's stated in my rental agreement that dogs were not allowed". They gave me 72 hrs to get rid of the dog or they were going forth with the eviction. Mind you the dog had already left with my bf the night before. They even came a week later to do a surprise home visit to make sure the dog was gone. I explained to them who the dog was and his relationship to me and yes I did tell them that he will be here at times. They didn't have a problem with that. As a matter of fact he's laying across my bed now as I sort the laundry. I think they should allow small dogs as long as they aren't annoying but rules are rules. But I have seen 2 other tenants with dogs frequently. 1 has a small dog and the other has a pitbull puppy. It's only a matter of time before they get the same letter because there are cameras in these buildings. So basically Moonboo don't put your apt on the line its been a long journey for you.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
shalasha86..you say you live in a section8 building with your moms..is it her apartment or yours?..if you apply are you putting your moms down on the application?..how?..if its on her budget..and your income..they might deny you!..so be cautious-as for moneboo!..see i told you to chill out!..you in there!..now go pick out your unit and have that money-on deck!..you still has to wait till september to move in-right?..another thing!..as for them dogs..they sure people are'nt going to be picking up after them..and I dont need to be stepping in any dog-po,and tracking any stuff in/on to them parkay-floors!..not to mention the smell behind it..so i think the no-dogs policy should be in-play.
I love em too..but i see em as soon as they come out of the door..the people let them pee-right on the first wall/tree they come into contact with..ahh..plus who wants to smell urine-the first time they step outta their building?..more less seep up to your windows?.im saying..go around them projects there-mitchell or millbrook..wait till you step in something mushy?..and you look at the soles of your shoes/sneakers..a can of frabreeze-PLEASSEEEE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery