Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,580 times

Advertisements

so my interview is coming up for two bedrooms. Its my fiance and my twins and me. My fiance and I both work for the nyc board of education (assistant teachers) and we fall under the max income requirement. our credit is in between. do you guys that have moved in think working for the city can be helpful in getting in??? thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 08:21 PM

6 posts, read 6,873 times
Why did they take a deposit from some and not others

Old 08-13-2011, 10:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,655 times
@mjavier8 I had Bonnie as my leasing agent- I work for NYPD and I asked her being that I work for the city- doesn't that increase my chances because I believe city workers are favored by 30 percent. She said she was not sure how that ties in with the process. I am also still waiting for a call back- Now that Bonnie isn't there any more, I'm a little disappointed because she was very helpful. I would like to know who's taking over her apps. Stay positive all

Old 08-14-2011, 04:33 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
I think with any of these housing lotteries, you just have to follow the guidelines to the t! They will probably disqualify you for the least thing. Just keep on them. At one point, I was calling like every day to keep on top of things, and I did that up until the day I was called and told I got the apartment. Go down there even if for a couple seconds. This is your home we're talking about. Ask them everything! LoL

Old 08-15-2011, 04:34 AM

507 posts, read 689,335 times
..word!..hey j..if you and your fiance works for the city..they might combine both incomes and say you're over the projected limit-they dont just check income,but 401-k and asset's..including whats in the cookie-jar!..and as far as credit goes..the slightest thing and they'll oust you,they are that petty...I even paid what i owed off a old sprint cell phone bill and appealed!..plus paid it off,and sent them proof that i did..and they still did'nt approve me-F!ck-them!..but I was approved for another developement la-terraza on 158st-3rd ave..the people there at ccmanangers.com are way better and professionable..as for the police-officer..if you apply..watch your overtime!!..and meet the guidlines. good luck!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:36 AM

they're not to charge you anything for credit-check!..thats illegal..and they're jerking you!!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:49 AM

jaqvier-tell your fiance to fill/put in a application too!..because if you get denied..maybe she wont!..and then either 1 can add the other later..once in..hey you gotta out maneuver them and play like the mexicans-do!..by hook or by crook!..youknowwhatimean!?

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,580 times
thanks deli.. and everyone else hopefully we'll get in I'm really excited about it. already have a lot of plans on the apartment decorations. but believe it or not though we work for the city my fiancé and my income are still below the max which is good so we'll see

Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 AM

31 posts, read 36,757 times
[SIZE=3]Thanks ShyGuy, I will put this email to good use. JousterPeacan to be honest I'm not sure what this building management is doing. This is not my first time going through the process for affordable housing but Knickerbocker has won the award for the most unorganized. I rather you tell me you don’t know and get back to me with the correct info then to start making up stuff, gesh. I just had to get that off my chest. Everybody have a Happy Monday despite this gloomy weather. [/SIZE]

Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

365 posts, read 502,265 times
Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't been here in a few...trying to get packed up for vacation and finish up a lot of work at work...lol!
To those who are catching headaches with the people from BBTB...trust...WE ALL WENT THROUGH them. They only get worse. I cannot tell you how many times I had to call, and call, and call, and wait, and wait, and wait, and call, and call, and wait somemore. It was ridiculous. After a while, I knew the phone number and fax number by heart. In the end, everything worked out and I'm all ready to go, but now, I'm just trying to get through what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation. I'll be coming home to pack and pack and pack some more. And who knows when I'll actually move. All in all, i'm happy with the end results. I have to admit...I actully thought Sandra was not really doing her job efficiently, however, when I went in I saw that she really was bombarded with A MILLION things. She called me when the approval went through and said, "You got it sweety!". And I was relieved. My best advice, build a rapport with these people, no matter which development your applying to. Let them know from the start that this is important to you and your just trying to make sure everything works out. It was new for me, dealing with all of this type of hassel, because outside of work, where I have hundreds of contracts and then some, I don't really have to worry about paperwork. (Not even school work was that troublesome) But, like I mentioned...it all paid off. Just stick it out and understand your gonna be in it for a while...then again, you may not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery